new css radar

stutters

How does the new radar treat you?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It'd be fine if it didn't tell you where the enemies were and where dead bodies are. That basically tells you where the enemies are.

Exactly. And the range on it is so small that unless the guy is right next to you they just show up randomly on the edge all in a bunch.

There is a drawback to knowing that, especcialy if an enemy is killed behind your front line, cause then you know that flankers are coming. At the same time, it's an advantage that is available for both sides, so its fne by me. Part of being a pro is constantly watching your radar and plotting out where the enemy is, as well as staying focussed on screen, so it added a bit more startegy to the game, I think.

I am a bit more used to it, but I still despise it. To me it's not even a radar, it's a minimap. It's hard to see where the enemy is even if you see the x or red triangle on the edge of the screen except for their general direction. I wish they would bring back the old one....

If your constantly playing competively (scrims, matches), then it does get annoying because it tells people where you are and basically where your team is going to be flanking from. So dang annoying and agrivating.

I agree. Except I don't compete... I just like to flank... and this radar is messing up what would otherwise be a kill that no one could locate until it was too late.

yea I was amazed by the radar for like 4 hours... By what I had read I thought it would have changed my gameplay totally.. but not really.. I mean now when there is only one enemy left and he kills a teammate, I know the general area where he is..

yup thats about it.

honestly new radar just made more people aware of the flanks but if you honestly paid close enough attention before you would know they were flanking

agree.. noobs now know when they are flanking.. well... I really doubt noobs will pay attention to the new radar anyway *sigh*....

The new radar is cool but it's just too big. It covers up stuff. If there's someone on a higher position to your top left camping, you wont see them as quickly. This has happened to me a few times.

you can set the transparency of your radar...

i think the command is

cl_radaralpha 0-200

200 being not transparent, 0 being....you cant see it....