For everyone's Benefit...

[LaW]Maverick

You can pre-order the Wi (at Gamestop, EB Games, Software Etc.) on Friday...

All of those stores are owned by Gamestop by the way...I think I'm leaving one out too....

Anyway, Friday is the day! Get it pre-ordered, they WILL sell out. Trust me...we sold out of 360 pre-orders pretty quick when I worked there.

I just thought I'd let everyone know!!!

Enjoy your Wii! (if you're getting one like me!)

Maverick' date='Oct 12 2006, 12:27 PM' post='371082']

You can pre-order the Wi (at Gamestop, EB Games, Software Etc.) on Friday...

All of those stores are owned by Gamestop by the way...I think I'm leaving one out too....

Anyway, Friday is the day! Get it pre-ordered, they WILL sell out. Trust me...we sold out of 360 pre-orders pretty quick when I worked there.

I just thought I'd let everyone know!!!

Enjoy your Wii! (if you're getting one like me!)

I love you.

Oh, boy! I can't wait to get my hands on that Wiimote!! Well, yes I can. I just want to play Umbrella Chronicles. Luckily my bro is gonna get wii and I'm gonna get PS3 so we can trade.

You can have mine too Saris, otherwise I am going to just throw the stupid wii remote controls away :D

Maverick' date='Oct 12 2006, 04:06 PM' post='371147']

Im putting 3 PS3 on the credit card and gonna sell them on ebay.

Pure genious...I've thought 'bout doing it, but I missed the first limited pre-orders. I think I will do it for the second wave of pre-orders though (Gamestop only took 8)

That is, as long as it's at launch! :D

Do you work at EB games or somethin? Can you get me a discount? :D

I couldnt get a reserve today :( . They only had 8 reserves and 9 people were in line before the store even opened. I'm in Macomb now which is in the middle of nowhere so I figured I could just show up anytime today and be fine, but I guess not.

I guess Ill have to camp out now on release day. lol

Edited by YoMamma

I don't think they are going to sell out like the Xbox 360 did.

The Xbox 360 had less than 500,000 consoles in North America when it launched.

Nintendo is going to have 1,000,000 Wiis in North America.

The PS3 will only have 400,000, those will probably sell out very quickly.

Gamestop also has no idea how preorders work. You can preorder a game or a console and they won't even have them for you on launch day. That was a very stupid thing they did when they took preorders for the Xbox 360. If you don't have them don't let people buy them!

I also remember there was a store that had a bunch of people outside waiting in line for it to open to get their Xbox 360s they had preordered, one of the people who worked at the store took a few of his friends inside only a couple minutes before they opened and bought all the 360's they had.

Edited by VooDooPC

I don't think they are going to sell out like the Xbox 360 did.

The Xbox 360 had less than 500,000 consoles in North America when it launched.

Nintendo is going to have 1,000,000 Wiis in North America.

The PS3 will only have 400,000, those will probably sell out very quickly.

Gamestop also has no idea how preorders work. You can preorder a game or a console and they won't even have them for you on launch day. That was a very stupid thing they did when they took preorders for the Xbox 360. If you don't have them don't let people buy them!

I also remember there was a store that had a bunch of people outside waiting in line for it to open to get their Xbox 360s they had preordered, one of the people who worked at the store took a few of his friends inside only a couple minutes before they opened and bought all the 360's they had.

Same thing happened with Guild Wars: Factions, Best Buy and EB games sold more preorders then they had been given by the company. This resulted in many people receiving their collector's edition two months after the game was out.

EB was notorious for over-selling pre-orders before they became Gamestop.

However, when Gamestop took pre-orders on the XBOX 360, we sold them through the first 2 shipments. Everyone that had First shipment pre-order was garunteed a 360 on launch (and everyone at the 3 stores I was affilliated with did) and everyone on second shipment were basically on a waiting list. At my store and the other store that I worked at before that, we told everyone that pre-ordered one that was how it worked.

Some people didn't listen and got very very angry.

I'm sure some stores screwed it up, but those were the company instructions.

The Wii and PS3 they're being even more cautious with--hence waiting this long to take pre-orders.

From what I've read, the Wii will not hit their original 1,000,000 console goal....even if they do, it will sell out. Don't be fooled. If we would have had 1,000,000 360's to sell at launch, we'd have sold everyone that night. There were like 200 people at our local Wal * Mart that camped out for one.....they only got in like 16.

The Wii is getting very hyped up the closer launch gets. Skeptics have been turned into believers!!! :halo: