M2's Current Build, Work In Progress 11/24

akaM2

just upgraded my direct x and it worked fine

1680x1050 with everything high and anti at 16x hdr on and 4x whatever its called im getting 251 in the fps test

everything is stock

downside to perfect graphics, my cpu got up to 43 with 30 mins of playing, im gonna wait for my new heatsink to come in tommorow and put that on, i think this intel one isnt seeded on the cpu correctly

i bought some artic silver stuff to remove the current artic silver and put a new fresh coat on when i get my new heatsink.

as of right now im not that impressed with the 680i mobo, would of rather gone with another p5b dh because im not doing sli. might still swap this one out with my other computer and use my p5b from that one, better design and cooling.

we will see, it all depends if my cpu temp drops, I used to have 29-33c on full load on my old c2d setup, but now im at 36 and the 43 while playing source, that kinda scares me.

post-990-1164739744_thumb.jpg

I'm hoping to get a new rig. My wifes brother has 9 million dollars, and I short of asked for a GOOD computer for xmas. He's a gamer, and he just spend 6k on a new dell. He's got the top Dell gaming system. When I pulled the side of his case off, I almost cried at his SLI nvidia cards. :( I'm actually hoping to get about that same rig. Maybe i'll own you faster in Source. haha just kidding.

Yah though I can't complain about not having a decent set up a friend of mines (who will remain anonymous in this forum) family got him a dell with a GeForce 7850 GTX along with other components that blow my PC out of the water. I remember asking him if he knew how good his comp was and he said, "I dunno, I just play my games on it."

Edited by Allanon

I'm hoping to get a new rig. My wifes brother has 9 million dollars, and I short of asked for a GOOD computer for xmas. He's a gamer, and he just spend 6k on a new dell. He's got the top Dell gaming system. When I pulled the side of his case off, I almost cried at his SLI nvidia cards. :( I'm actually hoping to get about that same rig. Maybe i'll own you faster in Source. haha just kidding.

Yah though I can't complain about not having a decent set up a friend of mines (who will remain anonymous in this forum) family got him a dell with a GeForce 7850 GTX along with other components that blow my PC out of the water. I remember asking him if he knew how good his comp was and he said, "I dunno, I just play my games on it."

I say, that deserves a slap across the face.

You are definitely at the bleeding edge as far as vid card is concerned. I imagine by next summer, I will be headed to upgrade land if I can piece together the $$$. I know that once UT2007 and crysis come out, I will probably get the 8800 GTX (or whatever is top then) so I can really play.

Right now, my overclocked 7900 GT works pretty well.

I saw the specs today for the quad core battle between AMD and Intel...intell has the trump card. The new FX-74 from AMD is still 10% slower than the Qx6800 from Intel.

Looks like I will be going back to Intel (again) for the 3rd time in 7 years.

Intel, Intel, AMD, AMD....INTEL.

Nice build M2...! Looks good!