Time to start paying attention to the seizure warnings!

anonymo

So Epic released new pics of Unreal Tournament 3 rendered at 2560x1440 (UHD). :=

Researchers have been doing studies on the effects of UHD on viewers and so far about half the test subjects have suffered from photosensitive seizures and nausea because of the extreme resolution (also because the screens are ad-hoc 4x42" 1360x768 for 84" of fun!). These subjects were tested on film reels and weren't playing UT3...so...can't wait for UT3 :smiling2: (don't have my links to this here at the office...if anyone has the link to these studies please post them up)

Do you have links to these results, or at least articles about these results? That'd be very interesting indeed...

D00d, this rez is so XTREEEM! I'm gunnab s1ck *ROLF*

I for one say we start by banning HDTVs. I've been saying that 1080 is far too many ps for any one person! We need less ps! You put your two year old in front of an HDTV, its ability to process a p is much lower than yours. You start throwing all those ps at it, it's like pointing a fire hose at a teacup. Won't someone PLEASE think of the children?

Fatty i think my computer will be put to sleep as well =[

hopefully i dont have to upgrade any time soon. i just got a new video card AND monitor... came to around $600... i'm not made of money!!!

Fatty i think my computer will be put to sleep as well =[

hopefully i dont have to upgrade any time soon. i just got a new video card AND monitor... came to around $600... i'm not made of money!!!

How close were they sitting to it? The recommended sitting distance is something like 1 1/2 times the screen size, which means they should be standing 10 1/2 feet away. I know if I sit too close to my monitor or watch a big TV sitting too close I will get headaches no matter what the resolution is.