So whats your story?

Gunman

I was just thinking back to when I first found this community, and I was wondering what everyone's stories were in regards to finding this community.

Here is my story: Approximately a year and a half ago, while looking for a server to go pubbing with Hitman, I found [DOH] Delta. Hitman and I connected, under different names at the time (=dt=Neo=>, and =dt=Cypher=>), the tags stood for "Dodge This" and we had just started the clan. When we connected we were immediatily intreged by the atmosphere in which we played. We saw the tsay that directed us to their site, and we ended up seeing links to other community clans like Mmmm's.

That is what brought Hitman and me here.

How did you come about?

I got my video card last year and it came with counter-strike. I installed it and went looking for a good server with gamespy arcade. I found this really cool low-ping server (Delta DS3) so I was like cool ;) Delta was the first server I ever played on :o

I believe my alias was <[jb55]>

Hmm, back in October I was in the clan FixEd, FixEd met Ja (jackass), and jackass were/are friends with S-T, I basically played on S-T, and ja for awhile. Then I checked the "friends" thing on the S-T site, visited th3 fall3n site, and Mmmm site, and decided I like them both, and here we are today.

(coming out of the...)

:blink:

Lets see I think it was just over 2 years ago when I was in Chicago I refreshed servers went to the fastest active server. That server was the LuckyCharms server. I got about 15 ping back in the day to that server. Liked all the plugins they ran, the stats page(I dont care about my personal stats but I love looking at stats :P), and the players. Eventually I ventured to DOH, Mmmm, and DLM servers. Really only played on community servers for the last 2 and a half years or so. Can't stand other servers anymore.

I was an extreme newbie. I wandered onto [Mmmm] Platinum when they were playing as_oilrig. Had a great time, played a 3v3 and did good by any standard, which was a first for me. Then the map changed to starwars, and being a newb, I was terribly impressed by the map. So then I lost the servers IP, but by chance came across it again when I was just flipping through servers trying to find a good one. I started playing there alot, and W1lc0 invited me to join his clan, and I've been in the community/Th3Fall3N ever since.

I installed CS around the very first beta but only had a 56k so I didn play it much. Then somewhere around beta 5 I take it up and again and go server surfin'. I bum around acting like the all-around-newb for awhile. Then I come across a server that banned you for 1008 minutes after you swore three times. I was hooked! It was the "old" Delta but I dont think it had a nickname, just the Mmmm server. I play there and get to know the guys a little. I was still not very good at the game although I tried. I remember Wilco and Soul most. Then I got rid of my cable connection and just a few weeks later while visiting the Mmmm site I see that Mmmm disbanded and the server was gone. I was bummed but since I couldnt play anymore I didnt think much about it.

Then a few months later I get my cable modem back and start the old surfin the servers. Didnt have any connections with all the community clans (SoS, LC, SAB) so I look em up and I think I found SAB's server. I play there for awhile when I notice on their website that Mmmm was back!!! I surf on over, get the server IP and start playing again. One day Adambomb and I are playing with Fatty and I guess we impressed him. So I joined Mmmm. That was in January of 2001 I think.

Prolly three years or right about that ago I was a huge fan of Tactical Ops for Unreal Tournament. Everybody was trying to get me to try Counter Strike but I wasn't about to spend the money for a game that I didn't think could put a dent in my TacOps binge. Back then I was Barbed_Response. I wasn't in a guild and didn't have any real interest in that. Finally one day on a whim I picked up CS (long enough ago to have a pretty low wonid).

I played around on different servers and had a T1 in my apartment at the time. One day I came across Mmmm server and me and my roomie NimbusWolf played there. Had a good time and pinged really well to it. We started playing there off and on after school. Then one day BobLee was on and I asked him if it was from BobLee Swaggert and he said ya. Then somebody called him a f/a/g and he slayed him. Then the next round he slayed him. Then again. Then slay spammed the guy and the thunder was blaring on my Klipsch THX Promedia 4.1. I was hooked.

Played every day for a couple of months and TM the militia asked me to join back with bloodhunta and talent and friction and duke (the leader) and more. We had fun but never really got up and running. After that folded I played solo for a long time. Mmmm split and a lot of the guys from BlackOps that I had liked went with DOH. I always liked Destroyer playing with the P90 and so I put in an application hoping for the best.

Even though Mmmm periodically deletes me from the forums, they can't keep me away. I like the home we have here.

Chief

(long enough ago to have a pretty low wonid).

I had a low wonid. But now Im on my 5th or 6th CD key since I keep losing HL and then end up formatting. I dont even know where my current CDs are. Ive owned at least 4 copies of Half Life, and 1 copy of retail and I might have owned more at one point in time but Im not sure. The only copy that I know where its at is my HL for PS2. So my current wonid is really high :P but the first time I played CS was beta 3 or so. I didnt get serious and really addicted until 1.0 though.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

Hmmm.. who doesn't know my history. Started off as Havoc. Was in a clan called [TBC] for "The Black Company". Then i went into [.kIn.] and they died so i went solo and at this time my name was Rippedface. Then everyone hated me so I changed my name and started playing as Kohlin. It was my brothers name and he had it on the name so I just stuck with it. I then realized that the name was stupid and since my bad ping and choke caused me to do zero damage to people after unloading a clip on them at point blank range, that the name zerodamage was kinda cool. Of course between all of this time from the first name and my most recent, I have been banned from the community like 12 or so times. The most recent was for 5 days. Dispite I have seen and heard community members use the F-bomb when an admin heard it and another time I was called an Ahole in front of an admin. Neither of them are banned, because they are not me.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
well at least you don't carry a grudge :huh:

nah, not at all. If i did zad, i would hate you. But I like you. Very Much actually... let me show you.

---------------------------------<3

a rose for you buddy.

love,

ZD

As my old clan's server got shut down, Rippedface told me about the LuckyCharms server, so I went in and had a great time... yup.

Havoc, the tag was actually .[KiN]. B)

After I finished my 4th book entitled "Online Communities: How to Keep Those Morons Coming Back," Mini and I found counterstrike. Actually, I went from Half-Life to CS and had to drag Mini by his toes into the game. Then we met Windex who invented Mmmm and somehow saw it fit to allow Mini and I to join. After that Fragmatic set us up a server. Then we were betrayed because I was writing my 5th book called "How to Brainwash your Clan Members and Control Their Thoughts." Welp, Mmmm took a rest and then we came back, same server, etc. Then, in an unprecidented move, Mmmm purchased SAB. Then smoke kilt that server and inserted a ghetto. Then we had a server at NCC's Dad's work (current Mantis) Then Tango was born at Mini's work. 8P) Then Mini's work left him. Then we had a server at Cleveland State. Then that sucked so much bandwidth that it too was noticed. Gone. Then Delta came back with Dest. Then we split, DOH! Then BobLee was found. Then Dirk wandered in and we played ball on Platinum for a long while. Then the 2nd mutany, and some lagged out. We moved in with the monkeys who were so kind. Then Zad started hating the world and overtook me for "the most abusive admin alive." Then we bought some servers. Then those servers moved, right as Prodigious was reaching its peek. DOH! Then we went with game daemons.

That's about 8 chapters.

What, about 4 or 5 years and we're stronger than ever!

Viva le Mmmm!

my story is VERY similar to chuck's. A friend of mine told me bout this low pinging Chicago server called LuckyCharms. I liked the ping. Players were good and the regs were cool. So started out with the name YoMamma (i forget what tag i had on since i was in like 4 little clans which i didnt participate in). Then changed my name to [RiceKrispies]Crackle as a joke to make fun of the LuckyCharms cereal server. Well, i eventually played so much with them i began to love them and when RK broke up i, i was soon after recruited into LuckyCharms under the name YoMamma. so i just stuck around the LC guys since then (face,abyss,redeyez,chuck,xero,moss,gond,kurtz, genJ,SSN,THC,Teflon,Gogeta,InfroX,Wilco,OldMan)[think that covers 'em all]good times. That was uh, over 2 years ago i think.

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests

I came to Delta cause I got a decent ping and was regularly owned by the people who regularly played there :blink: Namely quickfoot and Upoke (before Upoke was in DOH). I guess Cane and I came about around the same time and became good friends long before we developed any CS skil ;):P That was back in the day when some people thought Masking{TaPe} and Mailing{TaPe} were two different people :lol: Which caused some problems when I was told to apply to DOH and they fuddled through deciding who I was :rolleyes: Good times... good times...

Welp, my days date back to Tango T1. Complete total nub, blown away by Zap [where the hell is he?] and I just loved how it was so friendly[wish it was that way now]. Before I knew it, I was in and out of Mmmm in a months time, moved to BlackOps, then one of the first few members of DOH and the rest is history.

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests
Dispite I have seen and heard community members use the F-bomb when an admin heard it and another time I was called an Ahole in front of an admin. Neither of them are banned, because they are not me.

sry ZD :lol:

Ummm, I really can't tell ya. It was back when sos was still alive, I liked the people so I just stuck around. Then I joined mulletard with gond, oldman, hot carl. Soon after I was asked to join LC by my buddy red. Since then I've just hopped around playing competetively and for fun.

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

Near the end of MCC3, I was visiting home in Syracuse, NY. Steve, a kid I grew up with (you might know him as TF's Kenger22), had me hanging out at his place and he had a scrim that night. He played in the scrim (I think NOFX, Wilco, Arachnid, OldMan and Batty were playing with them against some DOH fellers) and then showed me the TF site (Mok's old flash in his profile was pure genious). That was the day I decided that when I got home to Cow Hampshire, I was going to get Counter-Strike and start getting involved with this community. That Friday, I left for home....

That September, I bought CS (yes, I know, lazy! But time flies when you have no agenda). The first server I played on was Platinum. The first name I used was Probst (It was a Thursday, sue me). The first voice I heard was Tosh's (on that whacked out mic that skipped). Some time later I ran in front of Hammy awping bridge on Aztec, and he called me an uber newb....

'And that, as they say, is that.'