A warning to parents!

anonymo

Wow...this got me researching...do you know there is an entire system of "emoticons" that represent emotions with minimal keyboard strokes?

I also found out that there are these other "languages" that kids are learning to communicate with that their parents don't know. I've already uncovered a couple, Spanish and German...I suspect the list just goes on and on...where will the madness end?

I also found out that there are these other "languages" that kids are learning to communicate with that their parents don't know. I've already uncovered a couple, Spanish and German...I suspect the list just goes on and on...where will the madness end?

hahahaha, i whent the extra step and learned klingon

Is it bad that I have no problems reading full leet? I must be a pedophile or immature...one or the other...

hmmmm........ any votes for the former? ;)

Does anyone really think that pedophiles are out there using 133+? All the acronyms/abbreviations yeah, but l33+? Come on......

Is it bad that I have no problems reading full leet? I must be a pedophile or immature...one or the other...

hmmmm........ any votes for the former? ;)

Does anyone really think that pedophiles are out there using 133+? All the acronyms/abbreviations yeah, but l33+? Come on......

I was just getting at the fact that the ignorant make life a joy for the rest of us. It never ceases to amaze me how blind parents get when they think their children are in danger. Some of the conversations I hear on a daily basis just drive me mental. They are usually my clients so I can't tell them how freakishly ignorant they are and that they are doing more harm to their children than good in most cases (mostly by sheltering them). Oh well...the more messed up these next-gen kids are the better off I'll be when they join the workforce...

kid: what does...LOL mean?

me: oh, it means "lost all legitimacy" ( :freak: )

kid: so why did this guy say that to me?

me: well he probably thinks that whatever you told him was either a bad joke, a lie or he in someway lost respect for your opinions because of what you said

kid: oh no(es) my future! why!? my girl friend said that to me the other night when i told her i loved her...noooooo!(es)

at this point the kid starts shaking violently and breaks apart like he was made of clay...and out of this cocoon emerges...

an emo kid

Now do you understand how volatile this situation is?

Hilarious!

My kids wont be using 1337 until they can pwn me at UT2k4 (or UT5 by that time). It's unbelievable that people dont see the connection between 4 and A... all you do is assign 1-A, 2-B, 3-C... etc and then whatever number they use just go Xmod26 - 4, then assign the corresponding letter!... simple as pie! :P

Unbelievable. I just lost any little bit of respect I had for the news.

OK...parents that can't decipher 1337 speak lack any and all forms of imagination and have no business being parents...

lol

I mean, seriously, it's not that hard....you can use context to learn what you don't know, but it's easy because the substitute letters look as close to the actual letters as possible....am I the only one that finds it incredible that ANYONE is actually worried 'bout this....?

Oh...well, I bet the parents worried about such things are the same idiots that blame video games and movies for their little terrors (children) :shrug03: