2007 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

Tristan

Well the regular season has come to an end and we see who goes head to head in the Quarters.

Jester's Picks:

Western Conference

Detroit Red Wings -vs- Calgary Flames // 7 Games // Detroit has been upset last couple of years they will be ready.

Anaheim Ducks -vs- Minnesota Wild // 7 Games // Minnesota is a bigger and more defensive team.

Vancouver Canucks -vs- Dallas Stars // 6 Games // Vancouver will outplay and outskate Dallas. Lots of OT.

Nashville Predators -vs- San Jose Sharks // 7 Games // San Jose will be a more aggressive and tougher team. Both teams are offensively capable.

Eastern Conference

Buffalo Sabres -vs- New York Islanders // 6 Games // New York has no chance against the younger, faster Buffalo team.

New Jersey Devils -vs- Tampa Bay Lightning // 7 Games // A lot of overtime victories.

Atlanta Thrashers -vs- New York Rangers // 7 Games // The harder working team will take it. New York doesn't have the defense.

Ottawa Senators -vs- Pittsburgh Penguins // 7 Games // The younger Pittsburgh team will show their inexperience here.

There you have 'em.

i just want a canadian team to finally take back the cup

Vancouver ftw.

6th longest game in NHL Playoff history last night. 18:06 into 4th OT.

Henrik "Hank the Tank" Sedin with the winner. Beautiful goal for being fatigued.

Go CANUCKS WOOHOO

I have tickets to most of the Wild playoff games in Minnesota. Should be a blast, I hope they win at least a series.

have i ever told you how handsome you look farmer :smillie_smilling:

I don't know about all the other series' going on right now, but I know the Pittsburgh-Ottawa series is great. The series is 1-1 as of tonight, Pittsburgh beat Ottawa 4-3 after a 6-3 romp from Ottawa on Wednesday night.

Pittsburgh got a LOT more physical this game, and played all around better. Fleury also played absolutely amazing. I swear he was velcro. He stopped shots that I wasn't aware were possible to stop. Thumbs up. :luxhello:

I'm looking for this series to go to game 7. Pittsburgh rarely wins games without taking it down to the wire, and I don't expect that to change in the playoffs. The "heartattack kids" as they're called here (literally in a recent game--a guy in the crowd had a heartattack when we scored at the last second) have a good chance to go on to the second round, if not all the way. It looks like they just needed to get their feet wet. :peace:

These are the picks I made for a playoff pool with my friends.

Round 1:

Sabres in 5

Lightning in 6

Thrashers in 6

Penguins in 6

Red Wings in 6

Ducks in 7

Canucks in 6

Sharks in 5

Round 2

Lightning vs. Sabres: Sabres in 6

Penguins vs. Thrashers: Penguins in 7

Sharks vs. Red Wings: Sharks in 5

Canucks vs. Ducks: Canucks in 7

Round 3

Penguins vs. Sabres: Sabres in 7

Sharks vs. Canucks: Canucks in 7

Final

Canucks vs. Sabres: Sabres in 7

---------------------------

And for the record, I'm a HUGE Canucks fan.

Well, you definitely lost the first round guess with the Pittsburgh and Ottawa... Pittsburgh could only possibly win it in 7. Unfortunately, I can't see my Penguins pulling that off. :bang:

(edited)
stars ;) senor turco has been hot like a tamale.

how about that wings game? kippy looked a little frustrated in the final minutes.

Oooh 4-1 Nucks my friend. Pay up.

Quarter Finals Done. The Results are in!

SEMI FINAL MATCHUPS

Eastern Conference

Buffalo Sabres vs New York Rangers // 7 Games

New Jersey Devils vs Ottawa Senators // 6 Games

Western Conference

Detroit Red Wings vs San Jose Sharks // 7 Games

Anaheim Ducks vs Vancouver Canucks // 7 Games

Edited by Tristan

Technically it was only 2-1. Canucks went nuts for the back 40 minutes, it was great! Totally took control. Can't wait for round 2. Oh wait, I don't have to. Bettman's an idiot.

My unofficial picks:

Sabres in 5

Sens in 6

Sharks in 6

Canucks in 7

stars ;) senor turco has been hot like a tamale.

how about that wings game? kippy looked a little frustrated in the final minutes.

I watched most of the games in the wings-flames series (except game 3 and 5 when the backup goalie lost his brain).

Kipper looked frustrated in 2OT because he had to stop 42,135 shots and was getting no support from his defenders or his offense. Can't say I blame him. You put Kiprusoff on the Wings, and they win that series in 4 games instead of 6. He was the best player on the ice for the majority of that series.

Oh, and the (pucks) picks:

Buffalo in 6

New Jersey in 7

Detroit in 6

Vancouver in 7

GO WINGS!

• 2 weeks later...