NorgmaN

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

I'll take credit for this one.

Like he said. Check out the logs. Make your call from there. To clarify, Nuggz was talking about it over voicechat after me and Norg were talking about it.

Edited by Raw-C

To be serious, the banning was uncalled for and a bit ridiculous. At the end of the first round (pistol round), we were having fun and Norgman did a left click knife slash on Chew or Exile who died (can not recall which of the two) which we all laughed about. Rice & Raw both kept on for several rounds about it and finally it seemed settled. The only ones complaining about it over and over were those two when no one else cared and no harm was done. 5 Minutes later I see a message pop up from an admin stating something to the effect "Heck with it, I am going to enforce the rules" and I see Norgman and Nuggz get banned. I do not know what was said on Nuggz side since he was on CT but I do know that this banning was not in the least bit called for.

Guess its a topic of much interest.

They're appealing to you senior guys to check out the logs and see if you agree with my ban. I'm totally fine with that and will be less strict with rulings in the future if thats how this goes down.

It looked to me like Norg was blatantly trivializing the rules and expecting to get away with it. Nuggz just kept arguing the point over voicechat. I decided I should have banned already, so said screw it and banned em both.

I was there and I would have banned em both as well. For the most part in my mind the comments in this string say it all.

The tk seemed to be all in fun. I agree. Banning for that is silly. But when asked if it was intentional and he knew it was against the rules, "yes". Same sort of comment a few days ago when blasting all the hosties to win a round. Do you know the rules of the server? "yes"

NOT FOR THE TK, but the blatant additude of "yes I know the server rules, I will disregard them because I do not agree with them. Do what you want." Whether it is tk's, mik spam, insulting other players, pushing the limits on every front. So you are just having fun, fine. You want to goof when you are not in matches, fine. I don't have a problem with that. But I do have a problem with you KNOWING things are not allowed and doing them anyways because you feel you can. I enjoy playing with all the folks involved here but enough is enough in my book.

Frankly Nuggz asked to be banned as well. Quite literally I believe the quote was 'go ahead and ban me, I will talk it out with the admins and be back here in no time'. I have seen folks get banned much much faster than that for arguing with an admin trying to enforce the rules. So yes Norg, that is a bannable offense.

This is the same crap that s4h pulled back in the day. Every day worse and more blatant because no one ever put a stop to it. I agree 100% with these bans.

And I would like to point out that if Joe pubber had come into the server pulling this stuff, they would have been banned alot faster. Being a regular on the server and 'knowing' people should not be an excuse.

For the record, again I enjoy playing with you folks. You are very good players and improve the quality of the server with your play. You can be quite humerous at times. But c'mon guys... you act like you want to provoke someone to ban you. And now it happened. Are you really surprised?

farmer is right.

Nuggz said "You might as well ban me too." or some variant of that at least twice.

In my book, if you literally ask to be banned, you should be. After all, he was only acquiescing to his request. Banning for the original TK alone would have been waaay overkill, I agree there as well. However, continuing to do what you want repeatedly is not only disrespectful, it's annoying and reminiscent of a 5 year old that wants a cookie before dinner. "Whaaa, I want it my way 'cause I want it!"

You were banned. Deal with it. Maybe if you ask nicely, we'll be more responsive, but saying

"So I'm banned for "purposly killing a teammate".

Discuss and unban, thanks.

0:1:40586

Server log explains it all."

is hardly mature. This may seem a lil' harsh...but someone needs to be. Read the Been banned post or something...it can be highly enlightening. Agent Newb and SlickRick did. :peace:

Frankly Nuggz asked to be banned as well. Quite literally I believe the quote was 'go ahead and ban me, I will talk it out with the admins and be back here in no time'. I have seen folks get banned much much faster than that for arguing with an admin trying to enforce the rules. So yes Norg, that is a bannable offense.

First of all i was making a point by saying that. However I wasn't arguing with anyone, We where talking. I was just trying to point out that alittle fun on server isn't a bad thing. But then again i forgot that SOME of the GC admins have this power trip going on.

I thank you for tonite it reminds me why I didn't renew my GC membership.

But then again i forgot that SOME of the GC admins have this power trip going on.

Well then, that makes it a lot easier and less work! Thank YOU!

Vote from LA-Laz. Nuggz = NOT unbanned.

re: Norg- discussion still required.

First of all i was making a point by saying that. However I wasn't arguing with anyone, We where talking. I was just trying to point out that alittle fun on server isn't a bad thing. But then again i forgot that SOME of the GC admins have this power trip going on.

exactly what I mean 'bout acting like a little kid. Heck, I even tried to warn you not to lose your temper. Raw wasn't on a power trip, you were arguing like a whining snot. You still haven't apologized for it, and making a point or not, you asked to be banned. Don't ask for it if you don't want it.

Perhaps if you come up with a logical argument that proves that he did not, indeed, break a rule on more than one occasion knowingly, then we will apologize to you. However, since the logs will obviously show otherwise, your chances of this are slim. I've never had a problem with you OR norg, and I've enjoyed playing with both of you, but I've gotta say...I'm seriously surprised at the way you two are handling this. Yeah, I probably would've gimped you and teleported you to the top of something you couldn't get off of instead of banning you, but that's not the point. You did something wrong, you were punished, and now you should apologize rather than blaming it on the person that punished you. Go cool off before posting again (just some friendly advice).

exactly what I mean 'bout acting like a little kid. Heck, I even tried to warn you not to lose your temper. Raw wasn't on a power trip, you were arguing like a whining snot. You still haven't apologized for it, and making a point or not, you asked to be banned. Don't ask for it if you don't want it.

First of all i dont think Name calling is going to help anything here. and i didn't lose my temper, i simply was talking. I wasn't talking about Norgs TK at all, I was talking about my views on pubing.

First of all i dont think Name calling is going to help anything here. and i didn't lose my temper, i simply was talking. I wasn't talking about Norgs TK at all, I was talking about my views on pubing.

In Nuggz defense this is mostly true, and I may have pushed it a bit. I was stating my veiws on the whole situation to explain that it was not the tk that was the big deal. Nuggz was discussing it on the voice com with me, the finer points of pub vs match play... but frankly man stuff like 'you guys just don't get it', 'no one cares but you' and 'go ahead and ban them, put me on the list and ban me too' are not condusive to play. While much of the conversation was not arguing... it has been a long standing rule that you do not nag on an admin that is trying to enforce our rules. I do take some of the fault of this, as I should have just let things go... one of the reasons Nuggz was even still talking was that I was talking as well.

from what i gathered everyone thought it was funny and though it was intentional...it didnt hurt the game play, and it was just in good fun. When warned about that, personally I would be a little offended as well if it was all in good fun and not out of anger or being a jerk.

wasn't calling you a name. I was saying that you're acting like a little kid, which is different. Your views on pubbing were understandable, and completely reasonable. I did the same thing when I played in CAL, and I did a lot of goofing around here on gc. I was only banned once (for sitting on the ledge outside of the back stairs in Office), and I immediately apologized (though I thought that was a little ridiculous) and I was immediately unbanned. It was that simple.

I never asked to be banned 'cause a friend got banned, and when I've had problems with an admin decision, I tend to get out of the game and discuss it here through PM or a thread. You're allowed to disagree, and even argue. You weren't exactly being respectful, however though, and you DID ask to be banned...literally.

Pubbing for fun or not, you and Norg have both been here long enough to know that if you keep pushing any of the admins you're going to get into hot water. I heard what you were saying, and I probably would have defended you in the past, but your discussion with Raw was not respectful. You were treating him like he didn't know what he was doing, and couldn't possibly understand the grandeur of competitive play. That's not how you go 'bout winning an argument.

Sorry Chief, but handled this pretty well, and you're not helping your situation with the posts you've made thus far. I'm just trying to help. Which is why I told you to cool off before posting back up. I've had fun playing with you in the past, and I hope this doesn't turn into a perma-ban. :shrug03:

from what i gathered everyone thought it was funny and though it was intentional...it didnt hurt the game play, and it was just in good fun. When warned about that, personally I would be a little offended as well if it was all in good fun and not out of anger or being a jerk.

It wasn't that he TKed, it was that when asked if he knew it was against the rules his attitude was something to the effect of "Yeah, so what?"

Farmer, I heard the discussion and I don't think you're at fault at all. Nuggz said a lot of insulting things, and that's not cool. Just because you're having a discussion doesn't mean you have to be arrogant and rude 'bout it.

Where loosing viewers!!!

In the demographic of 18-24 yr olds we are gaining due to the timeframe, but in total viewers, we might as well wave the white flag

24 User(s) are reading this topic (16 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)

edit:

ohhh noes, i think myself posting boosted our ratings,

27 User(s) are reading this topic (18 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)

well what id get from that response would be not so much that hes disregarding the rules to be an anarchist punk rock chick, but more so that the rules should be able to be bent a little one way or another for a little fun every once in a while

well what id get from that response would be not so much that hes disregarding the rules to be an anarchist punk rock chick, but more so that the rules should be able to be bent a little one way or another for a little fun every once in a while

Ok, ok, let's put it like this. If you stole a candy bar in front of a cop, and the cop said "Do you know what you did was wrong?" and you said "Yes, hahaha!" and ran away, do you think you'd get into trouble?

Same situation: "Do you know what you did was wrong?"

you say: "Yes, sorry officer." and you put the candy bar back...you're a lot more likely to get off with a warning.

Raw wouldn't have banned him (I'm assuming) if he would have just said, "yeah, sorry, we were just screwing around." The key word in there is "SORRY" (hint hint)

aww...we're down to 20!

Edited by [LaW]Maverick

Same situation: "Do you know what you did was wrong?"

you say: "Yes, sorry officer." and you put the candy bar back...you're a lot more likely to get off with a warning.

how do you replace a dead teamate with a candy bar?

is it a king size?