You got it

NorgmaN

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maverick has it right. I don't like banning people, regulars least of all.

All I said was you know better. All you had to do was say yah, sorry and it would have been over. It wasn't until you guys starting telling us that our rules don't matter that the ban became a possibility and eventually happened.

All I said was you know better. All you had to do was say yah, sorry and it would have been over. It wasn't until you guys starting telling us that our rules don't matter that the ban became a possibility and eventually happened.

:luxhello: :luxhello: Well said!

Actually, you stated that it was over after I asked that everyone just drop it and have fun. For some reason there were two or three of you admins all jumping in at once and made what should have been a one admin = one offender issue into a one admin = two jumping in admins = one offender = annoyed friend situation. The situation was resolved for what seemed like 5 mins (maybe longer) and then all of a sudden turned into this. Nuggz and Norg know the rules; they just like to have fun. The banning was not necessary in my opinion and I would like to see it resolved. Perhaps this can be taken to PM's or something. I will butt out now. :)

Theres no need for this to be taken to PM's to me. Neither of them have said anything close to "Sorry, it won't happen again."

I'm easy, just show a tad bit of remorse and tell me that you'll follow the rules in the future and you get my blessing. You guys are good, I don't want to keep good players off the server for little stuff like this.

Theres no need for this to be taken to PM's to me. Neither of them have said anything close to "Sorry, it won't happen again."

I'm easy, just show a tad bit of remorse and tell me that you'll follow the rules in the future and you get my blessing. You guys are good, I don't want to keep good players off the server for little stuff like this.

They honestly did not do anything wrong. They did not do anything that warranted the ban or the reaction that they got. If you and the other admins did not keep berating them about it over and over, it would have been over with. There wasn't anyone angry about the TK. It was pistol round and we were having fun. I've seen this all the time but this time the reaction was different and overly dramatic. This is beyond me at this point in time and I will bow out, but I think things would be best served if they contact you via PM or IM and everything end well.

Appealing to logs is not really worth much from either perspective. All that's logged is kills, game events (plants, defuse attempts, get/drop the bomb), MM1, MM2, and commands run by admins (i.e. not use of ma_say by non-admins). If people were talking on voice-comm or into the admin chat, there's no record of it, so it has to be assumed that half a conversation might not have been logged.

20:46:48: World triggered "Round_Start"
20:46:49: "Bewildered.gc<7696><STEAM_0:1:2996104><TERRORIST>" triggered "Got_The_Bomb"
20:46:56: "ric3 e4ter #tWc<7701><STEAM_0:1:3175208><CT>" say "no mastercard when thers no ammo in either gun"
20:47:23: "*|CsLs|*zd<7662><STEAM_0:0:37927><TERRORIST>" killed "Snowman<7648><STEAM_0:0:6050684><CT>" with "glock" (headshot)
20:47:26: "[√I] Chew<7695><STEAM_0:0:176776><TERRORIST>" killed "b e a r<7642><STEAM_0:0:6673797><CT>" with "glock" (headshot)
20:47:29: "Bewildered.gc<7696><STEAM_0:1:2996104><TERRORIST>" triggered "Dropped_The_Bomb"
20:47:29: "NuggZ<7620><STEAM_0:1:259404><CT>" killed "Bewildered.gc<7696><STEAM_0:1:2996104><TERRORIST>" with "usp" (headshot)
20:47:30: "NuggZ<7620><STEAM_0:1:259404><CT>" killed "Goofus Maximus<7647><STEAM_0:1:141935><TERRORIST>" with "usp" (headshot)
20:47:31: "*|CsLs|*zd<7662><STEAM_0:0:37927><TERRORIST>" triggered "Got_The_Bomb"
20:47:31: "*|CsLs|*zd<7662><STEAM_0:0:37927><TERRORIST>" killed "NuggZ<7620><STEAM_0:1:259404><CT>" with "glock" (headshot)
20:47:36: "Raw-C.gc #tWc<7700><STEAM_0:1:7938718><CT>" killed "Her Majesty The Queen<7663><STEAM_0:1:9986378><TERRORIST>" with "usp"
20:47:39: "*|CsLs|*zd<7662><STEAM_0:0:37927><TERRORIST>" triggered "Planted_The_Bomb"
20:47:44: "Goofus Maximus<7647><STEAM_0:1:141935><TERRORIST>" say "You again!"
20:47:48: "NuggZ<7620><STEAM_0:1:259404><CT>" say "sry"
20:47:48: "[√I] Chew<7695><STEAM_0:0:176776><TERRORIST>" killed "Raw-C.gc #tWc<7700><STEAM_0:1:7938718><CT>" with "glock" (headshot)
20:47:52: "NorgmaN<7702><STEAM_0:1:40586><TERRORIST>" killed "ric3 e4ter #tWc<7701><STEAM_0:1:3175208><CT>" with "usp" (headshot)
20:47:53: "Raw-C.gc #tWc<7700><STEAM_0:1:7938718><CT>" say "lovely"
20:47:55: "ric3 e4ter #tWc<7701><STEAM_0:1:3175208><CT>" say "doh"
20:48:04: "[√I] Chew<7695><STEAM_0:0:176776><TERRORIST>" killed "[LaW]Maverick™.gc<7697><STEAM_0:0:147585><CT>" with "knife"

Let the wookie win, always a good decision.

20:48:04: Team "TERRORIST" triggered "Terrorists_Win" (CT "0") (T "1")
20:48:04: Team "CT" scored "0" with "7" players
20:48:04: Team "TERRORIST" scored "1" with "7" players
20:48:04: World triggered "Round_End"
20:48:05: "NorgmaN<7702><STEAM_0:1:40586><TERRORIST>" killed "[√I] Chew<7695><STEAM_0:0:176776><TERRORIST>" with "knife"

Pistol round; no kills recorded except with knife, glock, and usp. Assuming that Chew wasn't collecting a stockpile of throwables for the next round, this looks like no harm, no foul to me. log_detail is set to 0, so there's no record of how many hits were made for how much damage.

20:52:36: "[√I] Chew<7695><STEAM_0:0:176776><TERRORIST>" say "i'm cool with it thats why  /forgive :)   "

NorgmaN if you were using ma_say to keep carrying this on after Raw gave it up, you should've expected to get banned. I don't know what your lot in life will be, but one can only assume that you'll get by easier if you can learn to live without the last word. You and NuggZ needed to accept that you and Raw disagreed, and that nothing was going to come of it. As far as I know it'll be up to Raw to decide if you're unbanned, but IMO you both at least need to state that you will abide admins even if you think they're wrong.

(edited)
In Nuggz defense this is mostly true, and I may have pushed it a bit. I was stating my veiws on the whole situation to explain that it was not the tk that was the big deal. Nuggz was discussing it on the voice com with me, the finer points of pub vs match play... but frankly man stuff like 'you guys just don't get it', 'no one cares but you' and 'go ahead and ban them, put me on the list and ban me too' are not condusive to play. While much of the conversation was not arguing... it has been a long standing rule that you do not nag on an admin that is trying to enforce our rules. I do take some of the fault of this, as I should have just let things go... one of the reasons Nuggz was even still talking was that I was talking as well.

Thank you farmer, we where discussing what was going on. Now for the comments i made, here is what i ment by them..

'you guys just don't get it' - I was telling you that when you play 3 matches a week and spend 98% of you time in Scrim. that Pubing is the only FUN thing to do.

What i ment by 'you guys just don't get it' is i know that you never played that much at the level. and its hard to fully understand it untill you have. that is all. wasn't trying to insult anyone

'no one cares but you' No one but You 2 cared about that TK thing that was all i was trying to Point out. and it was the truth..

'go ahead and ban them, put me on the list and ban me too" - Ok You and Raw-C where saying that you would like to see Tookey, Limb and Norg banned from the server. and that the only reason why They "get away" with it is cuz we all know M2.. ok so its true m2 is a man whore and we all know him.. but I dont see how us being friends with M2 matters in how we act.

If you think i was "acting like a little kid" or anything like that thats your call. But all i was trying to do was give some insite as to why people like Norg, Limb and others play the way they do in Pubs. that is all and after you guys started talking about how we know M2 and we get free candy from him, I just got alitte ticked. am i sorry for talking to Farmer? No not at all. do i feel that this whole thing has been blown way up. Yes.

Edited by ZgguN

I never once mentioned anything about wanting all 3 of you banned. And I didn't know anything about you knowing M2 until you just brought it up now.

Nuggz: How do you know I don't understand what its like to compete in something? I do understand the stress levels and taking something that used to be fun to the extreme end of competition and needing to have some fun to blow off some steam. Thanks for underestimating me though. You guys can have fun, thats the whole point on the servers amirite? But we have the rules for a reason. Norg intentionally TK'd, admitted it and didn't say anything about it not happening again. Then you start telling me that I don't understand how you guys just need to have some fun sometimes. Not really going to get you anywhere. But, whatever, we're just talking. Then you say to just go ahead and ban you guys and you'll post up in the forums and be right back on the server.

Like I said before, all you need to do is show a little remorse and say you'll follow the rules next time and you get my blessing.

Mookie: Norg pretty much did drop it. Aside from a few snide comments regarding how severely I should punish others for their FF, he didn't do much that I heard. Norg got banned cuz nuggz kept pushing me. I still don't see how its no foul given how he responded to me. But thats fine, we disagree.

I never once mentioned anything about wanting all 3 of you banned. And I didn't know anything about you knowing M2 until you just brought it up now.

Nuggz: How do you know I don't understand what its like to compete in something? I do understand the stress levels and taking something that used to be fun to the extreme end of competition and needing to have some fun to blow off some steam. Thanks for underestimating me though. You guys can have fun, thats the whole point on the servers amirite? But we have the rules for a reason. Norg intentionally TK'd, admitted it and didn't say anything about it not happening again. Then you start telling me that I don't understand how you guys just need to have some fun sometimes. Not really going to get you anywhere. But, whatever, we're just talking. Then you say to just go ahead and ban you guys and you'll post up in the forums and be right back on the server.

Like I said before, all you need to do is show a little remorse and say you'll follow the rules next time and you get my blessing.

Mookie: Norg pretty much did drop it. Aside from a few snide comments regarding how severely I should punish others for their FF, he didn't do much that I heard. Norg got banned cuz nuggz kept pushing me. I still don't see how its no foul given how he responded to me. But thats fine, we disagree.

I was talking to Farmer and not you at the time. I could have swarn that you and Farmer Both where talking about all of us. but it may have been just farmer. I know it was said. as for me not knowing your level of play, that true i dont. however VERY few people play the way i was talking about. like i said befor nothing I said was ment to hurt anyone or anything like that. I was just talking to farmer.

As for the "NuggZ just kept pushing me" I dont recall pushing you like i said i was talking to farmer not you. sure ingame wasn't the best place for it But its what i had at the time and i wasn't going to let things like that just be said. with out the other sides point of view. Yes we Disagree its life.

"you'll post up in the forums and be right back on the server. " I never said that at all.. I think you got that from somthing farmer said about us knowing M2

as for following the Rules, 99% of the time i follow the rules, sure sometimes something slips or i'll shoot tookey in the back of the head cuz he said some smartass thing. ask around I think i'm pritty good and sticking to the rules.

Sooo... I count something like 5 to 7 times people have said. "If you just say 'sorry, I wont do it again' all would be forgiven." Just bite the bullet, and say,"Sorry." I do that all the time with my wife... its just easier, and frankly much safer for me, then trying to convince her that I'm right heh :).

Shaftiel

I'm not sure who said what, kind of the problem with voice chat. And I wasn't referring to my level of competition within CS. There is a whole world of competition out there and I know my role when it comes to how bad I am at CS.

Anyway, I'm totally willing to make this a dead thread, just post up your steamid and say that you'll follow the rules. Yes, I'm being kind of a stickler about that. Telling me that you've followed the rules 99% of the time in the past isn't saying what you'll be doing in the future.

Also, get Norg to come in here and do the same and its done.

Sounds like some people think they're above the law here... Just because you're regulars doesn't mean you can violate server rules. I don't care if it's just a joke, I don't care if you're just tking your friends, the point is you do it elsewhere.

(edited)

Good enough for me.

Unbanned.

Edit:

Laz, if you feel I'm being too lenient by letting up at this point, feel free to reban. Your vote was to leave him banned.

Edited by Raw-C

Maybe a tad lenient...there was no apology there, but again...it's your call

Also, for the record, you were pushing him whether you meant to or not. I stayed out of the conversation for the post part except for my one warning not to loose your temper. A discussion isn't telling someone that they can't understand things, a discussion consists of you explaining your prospective clearly.

Also for the record: I played in CAL-I for a while (I know I suck now, but I used to play a lot more), and competitive or not, I didn't come into the servers to flaunt my standing in CAL and try to get away with crap that I knew I shouldn't be able to do. So, no offense, but I know what it's like to "play at your level" and want to just log in to a server to have some fun with no pressure.

Another for the record: we didn't team up on you, both farmer and I left the actual admin decision to Raw, however farmer did take place in the conversation.

I'm not trying to be a schmuck here, I'm just trying to explain the way it was seen from our prospective.

Welcome back, play well, have a good time, and don't shoot Maverick...bullets hurt his feelings. :peace:

Eh, there was provocation on both sides looking back on it. I still think nuggZ overstepped the boundaries, but its been civil enough the last few posts so I'll stand by it.

Norgman needs to post again though.

Norg - http://www.caleague.com/?page=user&userid=20564

Nuggz - http://www.caleague.com/?page=user&userid=11387

At this moment.. I don't think playing in CAL or competitive is much of an excuse.. Especially considering it's still preseason and the first match was last week. :D

I am pretty sure scriming and practicing is not too far different from the CAL matches. Maybe worse.