And you guys say Macs are overpriced

akaM2

http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/07/falcon-...and-oh-so-fast/

7800 dollars!!!!!!!! for 1 laptop!!!!!

In addition to the boring stuff like a Core 2 Duo Extreme X6800 2.93GHz processor, 4GB of RAM and a 17-inch 1920 x 1200 LCD, the "laptop" packs a 100GB 7200RPM HDD <em>in addition to two 160GB 5400RPM drives, and really ices the cake with the dual NVIDIA GeForce 7950GTX Go 512MB graphics cards. Other minor details include 802.11n WiFi, a built-in TV tuner and a 8x dual-layer DVD burner. Sadly, the one hour of battery life, 12.1 pound heft and $7687 won't endear this puppy to the mainstream, but would the gamer elite really have it any other way?

$7687... hmmm

For that I could either go on a first class caribbean vacation for 11 wonderful nights with my wife, or buy a laptop that will be out dated by the time it ships. Decisions decisions.

Shaftiel

whats the battery life like on that beast..
Sadly, the one hour of battery life, 12.1 pound heft and $7687 won't endear this puppy to the mainstream, but would the gamer elite really have it any other way?

$7687... hmmm

For that I could either go on a first class caribbean vacation for 11 wonderful nights with my wife, or buy a laptop that will be out dated by the time it ships. Decisions decisions.

Shaftiel

that's an expensive caribbean vacation. i went all inclusive for 7 days last may for only 1100 or so canadian.

the laptop will be worth more after 11 days.

$7687... hmmm

Shaftiel

that's an expensive caribbean vacation. i went all inclusive for 7 days last may for only 1100 or so canadian.

Yeah, but I need to take along 3 kids.... heh :). Memories are priceless.... or so 'they' say.

Shaftiel

(edited)
[quote name='shaftiel' post='404865' date='Jun 7 2007,

Yea well, we all weren't on Wheel of Fortune in Canada :biglaugha:

Edited by ZesteR