Clean your room!

alvin

How long does it take you guys to clean your room? Assuming it's only your room.. Not shared with a wife or kids. And if you have kids and a wife in your room.. Assuming you don't make your wife do all the work while you sit on the couch.. Or give your kids enough time to throw everything back on the floor and make a mess all over again.

I've been cleaning my room since I got home around midnight. It is now close to 5AM and I am still not done. I need to make my bed still but I don't feel like it since i'm about to go to bed. I also didn't put away my clean clothes and I plan to wash my sheets along with my dirty clothes. Still need to organize my bookshelves since I just tossed all the book and junk on it. I currently have 3 trash bags sitting outside my door.. 2 full, the other one about half way. About a dozen empty boxes from things I ordered online. So.. 5 hours and now i'll be taking a break and continue counting whenever I wake up.

Things I found while cleaning:

ATI Radeon 9600 AGP (from when I upgraded the first PC I ever built)

10+ Gaming magazines from 2004

A 60GB hard drive

2 Sound Blaster Live! sound cards

A brown piece of lettuce

Jr High Year book (6 years ago)

There were a ton more books.. Papers from school work from Freshmen year (5 years ago).. Junk junk.. Yeah, I found a lot.. x_x

Seeing as I still live at home and i have European parents, my house is always more or less clean. Every saturday we have a cleaning day. We're all responsible for a certain section of the house. My room is pretty tidy as well. It's kinda small so all I have in there is my dresser, my bed, my nightstand (furniture wise). There isn't room for anything else.

My wife counts cleaning as one of her hobbies. I'm serious, she absolutely loves to do it. I've tried suggesting that she find a fun hobby for herself sometimes, but nothing so far :shrug03:

Our place is always clean, but sometimes it drives me nuts when she's doing it every evening because it makes me feel like a lazy bum for relaxing, gaming, or watching TV while she "works". It's work to me, but apparently not to her.

It all depends. If you keep on top of things? A few minutes straightening up. I'd have a hard time finding a video card in, say, my bedroom.

However, I've been sorting through a bunch of stuff, and have an "office" that was full enough of stuff that I couldn't see a good bit of the floor. That's going to take me many hours to go through (I just started earlier this week) because I have to go through everything and identify what it is (empty box), why I kept it (Why DID I keep an empty box...), figure out if it's a keep (nope), trade (unlikely) or toss/recycle/donate (recycle), and then find a place for it (now the garage is the temporary junk pile while I wait for the computer recyclers so I only have to make one trip).

And there's a lot of stuff I have managed to come across over the past few months, for some reason, and little of it useful. Which gets back to the top, I try to stay on top of things because I will pick up just about anything and try to fix it or find it a home, and when I get busy then things start to fall by the wayside.

So, it all depends, but I've been there. My advice is don't get into collecting things because they might be useful for some thing at some point in time. Either fix it/make use of it right away or find it a good home. That makes cleanup go faster.

Now if I could only find a use for that box...

....I can't seem to find my apartment...I know it was here somewhere... :unsure:

All you ned to do is open the window and push everything out... :biglaugha:

I'm on the 32nd floor...I would get arrested for doing that! :biglaugha:

I could build a suitable fort out of pizza boxes (they don't fit down the garbage chute)

I have to clean my room by 4 pm tomorrow or my mom is going to cancel our cable... I dont think it will be that hard.

ROFL

It's a bluff. Don't clean your room, she can pay the cancellation charges!

(edited)
....I can't seem to find my apartment...I know it was here somewhere... :unsure:

We've seen pictures of the 'Mo hole, I shall henceforth try to avert my eyes.

I believe cujo also awarded you the "worst gaming setup of the year" medal, (at least before your desk, lol)

Edited by boilersax