Crysis Demo is released on Sept 25, 2007

Tek-Almighty

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Hmmm...I wonder what the huge surprise is?

I'll be playing [/s]Halo 3[/s] an inferior game with a cliche storyline anyways...

I are super fixer :)

Jk Mo...

Hopefully I will have saved up enough money to buy vista when this game comes out... I can't wait to see Crysis in DX10

• 2 weeks later...
I've been playing the beta since the 28th, it's fun but I would much prefer single player.

100% agreed, it was only after I'd finished downloading the file I realized it was MP. Seems to be a good game though, a little "stuttery" but it is a beta.

The difference between beta 2 and beta 3 is like night and day, it runs SO much smoother. I think they have time for one more patch before the demo comes out, if it's anything like the last one it would make the game very playable. Right now I get 40-50 fps indoors and 20-30 outdoors, drops to the high teens when a lot of stuff is on screen. This is running "Very High" at 1280x1024. I am hoping the next patch improves performance enough that I can run at my monitors native resolution, 1680x1050. I have no problem running single player games at a lower FPS compared to multiplayer anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)
Ok, looks like the single player demo is now out, 1.8GB currently downloading :D

Downloaded this fast from the place I got it. 900kb/s. Anyways, it was great. Some real destructible objects and foliage.

Edited by Kruten

I pushed the button labled, "Optimal Settings". It proptly put everything of very high. However, in the game I get a very iritating blur effect when I look around. I tried moving the settings down, but with no change in the blur. Anyone else get this? Other than that its great!

Shaftiel