Halo 3

anonymo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohmiga i cant wait to play it

Whereas I respect my GC bros and sis(es) as players and good people...

I fail entirely to understand the Halo hype (graphics wise...not gameplay). The graphics can't be THAT much better than 2 (without framerate probs) because it is same platform as 2.

Crysis be warned?...probably not.

Well, I hope some of you will give us the down low and skinny on this after you geek out for a while...I would love to hear some first hand gameplay thoughts.

GLHF!

Same Fairweather... Halo IMO is just an FPS for the common gamer who really doesn't want to play a game like BF2, CSS, or AA. The storyline is extremely cliche, the game centers around one person... because you know... in an alien invasion one person would fight an entire army while mindless soldiers pretended to be adequate. Whenever I think of Halo the stereotypical frat boy who plays Halo while getting drunk comes to mind.

[/rant]

and you would know this because you've actually played enough of the halos to give an accurate account....

[rant]oh wait :P

and don't use the whole "one person fighting an army is silly" argument, how many fps games are exactly that? Just off the top of my head: Far Cry, F.E.A.R., Doom, and countless others. Most of them are good to great games, but most of them don't have as thought-out a story line as Halo. Not saying they're inferior overall, just saying don't knock the premise.

Also, it's not just one man vs. army of alien hordes - leading the charge, yes, but lots and lots of other guys supporting. Name me one game that has fully competent friendly AI, because I can't think of one. (and for the record, the driving skills of friendly AI are absolutely horrid in Halo, really wish they improved it some for 3)

Just because there are too many morons who play the game and talk trash all the time doesn't make it a bad game, just means it's popular enough to attract enough people to include those jerks. The gameplay is very addicting and fun.

Who might these "common gamers" be? I'd like to think of myself as fairly common - I get maybe an hour or two 4-5 days a week to play any game. I also play CSS and all the FPS games I listed above too.

Not trying to start a holy war or anything here. There's just no need to bash something you don't understand and lump those of us that enjoy the game into the "drunken college idiots" pack. It's insulting. [/rant]

ok, rant over. not sure what got into me, too much negative energy goin on around me today I guess. nothing personal, promise :D

it can be hugz time now, plz?

128297915513282500dontcraiwell.jpg

Edited by boilersax

It's ok I was in a bad mood earlier too...

I still don't like Halo 3, but I don't hate it either.

I still think it's over hyped like WoW, but so are all things that are popular and hey, I can ignore it.

I still don't like the storyline, but others do and I'm not the only gamer in the world.

I still think Halo is sort of an FPS for the rest of us (sort of like windows for PC owners, except that... it has DX10 now and I don't really like wine... :\ .......... tangent ftw!) but there's nothing wrong with playing a game that has a lot of people playing it.

*takes breath*

ok I'm fine now...

Idk if anyone else has this problem? The limited edition tins have an issue where the games have a crappy disc holder and the games are coming out scratched. I returned 3 tins before I gave up and when home. It's pretty scratched but it's playing... so far. >_< I'm on the phone with xbox... they are sending a new disc.

Idk if anyone else has this problem? The limited edition tins have an issue where the games have a crappy disc holder and the games are coming out scratched. I returned 3 tins before I gave up and when home. It's pretty scratched but it's playing... so far. >_< I'm on the phone with xbox... they are sending a new disc.

I've read of several instances of scratched limited edition discs - sounds like a major problem across the board.

More Replacement Info Here

Thankfully I opted for the regular edition, opened it up and scratch free!

Edited by boilersax

I've read of several instances of scratched limited edition discs - sounds like a major problem across the board.More Replacement Info HereThankfully I opted for the regular edition, opened it up and scratch free!
yeah i'm watching the bonus materials and i'm going to trade it in for the reg. >_> I told xbox to take a hike b/c the e-mail they sent me requires me to send ym disc to them... that's like $4 or what not to fix something they didn't do right..... skip that. i'm going back right now muuuust play game.

Heh, the awesome thing is that I KNOW I wont be disappointed with UT3... or Crysis for that matter. :D

Glad to see some of you are enjoying it. Goes to show that pretty pictures dont really make the game though eh?

2nd that.

I think all the hardcore pc enthusiasts just rail against Halo, because they wish their game was as popular!...lawls :stretch: All those nights browsing UT servers when only DA noobs who talk crap are on...heh.

No really, I suppose I wish I had that Halo 3 hype and ability...cuz a 360 is far cheaper than a new PC. However, the last console game I really played was goldeneye and my thumb skillz are mad weak. However, my keyboard/mouse skillz are much stronger.

I also would rant against the whole graphics thing, because many xbox 360 players do not have HDTVs. No matter what the 360 is capable of, your standard Tube TV still only displays around 240 lines. I know this, because I am the cosponsor of the gamers club at the my HS and most of the guys have standard TVs. I will take low res textures on a monitor any day.

No, I didn't know that H2 was on Xbox...not 360...oops (mah ignorance is apparent).

Ebil, scratched discs is teh lame.

Edited by Tek-Almighty

Last weekend a few buddies came over and we played 2v2 Gears. We hooked one 360 up to my tv (27" regular type) and the second up to my monitor (24", 16:10 HD w/ component) and the difference was very apparent. Even the difference from that to PC games is apparent too, so yeah. If you dont want to buy a new pc for ut3 just buy a ps3. If you're lucky i'll support a ps2 mouse/keyboard ;)

Halo 3 looks gorgeous on my HDTV. Granted some of the textures aren't quite up to Gears of War levels, but considering how much more is going on around you at once and the amazing particle effects (check the replays if it's going too fast to see) it's a very impressive display. Yes, it's not in 1900x1200 resolution or something, but I don't need it.

I also knew I wouldn't be disappointed with Halo 3 because I love the gameplay and the story makes the campaign worth getting through.

You know what else guys? Everyone had weak thumb stick skillz at some point in their lives. Just because you wouldn't be able to instantly pwn at the game like you do at PC KB/mouse stuff doesn't mean that you should never try it. I find it funny when some people totally write off consoles because they are worried about not having the highest score as soon as they pick it up. I'm not saying you guys fall into that category, but I know a lot of people do. It's a fun game, just give it a try :D

Now I'm looking forward to some online co-op goodness :D

no, I haven't had time to do any multiplayer yet, sadly :(

I was engrossed in the campaign last night, maybe in the next day or so I'll have time to hit up some multiplayer.

You won't believe it...

30 more minutes...so close...must finish...work...

I did think Halo was fun, until I just died over and over again and never got kills, and never pointed the gun where I tried to point it. That's why I liked gears - i sometimes got a kill ;)

But that was way back in highschool for halo. Question: does anyone else think that the main character's voice doesnt fit? I liked the story line, but whenever he (you) spoke it just didnt seem... right. For some reason.

That's why real RGP games have the main character a mute :P

Fix'd that for ya jackie...

Master Chief's voice is the best cast voice acting I have ever heard for such a character. It's part of the package that got me hooked all those years ago.

The very first time I heard Master Chief's voice in Halo 2 (I missed the first one), it caught me off guard. I think that's mostly due to the fact that it's a very unique and different sounding voice than most game voice acting. Once I got used to it, I can't imagine him having a different voice!

I've never been really big on the "mute" hero - makes me feel detached from the story line more than if my character has dialog with others.