Gaming Computer $400

Unclean

AMD Athlon64 4000+ (set to 2.6ghz) (~$50)

eVGA 7900GT KO + zalman cooler (~$250)

Asus A8N SLI Premium Mobo ($150)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813131540

1GB OCZ Ram ($64)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820227031

74GB 10,000rpm Raptor hard drive (~100)

Samsung CD/DVD burner (~$30)

Antec Black Steel Server case (~$100)

Antec 450W Power Supply (came with Antec Sonata II case)

Total price when I bought it: $1400

Total price now: $744

Selling price: $400

Prefer someone local to the Chicago area, but will ship at buyer's expense.

Edited by Unclean

AMD Athlon64 4000+ (set to 2.6ghz) (~$50)

eVGA 7900GT KO + zalman cooler (~$250)

Asus A8N SLI Premium Mobo ($150)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813131540

1GB OCZ Ram ($64)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820227031

74GB 10,000rpm Raptor hard drive (~100)

Samsung CD/DVD burner (~$30)

Antec Black Steel Server case (~$100)

Total price when I bought it: $1400

Total price now: $744

Selling price: $400

Prefer someone local to the Chicago area, but will ship at buyer's expense.

Good deal! i have practically the same rig atm (4400+, 2 evga 7900gt, raptors) and it handles source pretty well.

ell.

Yeah, I've had no problems running CS:S/UT2004 maxed. I'd be happy to run benchmarks for anyone interested in buying this rig.

It's a good, affordable computer for someone that wants to play today's games without breaking the bank. There's also room for more upgrades (another 1GB of RAM, stepping up to another 939 processor, another 7900gt ko, etc)

Oops! Forgot to specify the Power Supply. editing original post.

Just adding more information -- the computer has not been formatted yet. I could leave all the software/games on it if you'd like (except for online games, don't want to run across any licensing issues), but it does boot up slowly. Or I could reformat and just put Win XP Pro SP2and update the drivers, so it boots up quick like a fresh PC. Buyer's choice.

If I hadnt just ordered a bunch of pieces online two days ago for a cheap build for someone, I woulda bought this in a second. Especially with the dollar where it's at!

D'oh! Another victim of timing. :)

Just adding more information -- the computer has not been formatted yet. I could leave all the software/games on it if you'd like (except for online games, don't want to run across any licensing issues), but it does boot up slowly. Or I could reformat and just put Win XP Pro SP2and update the drivers, so it boots up quick like a fresh PC. Buyer's choice.

If I hadnt just ordered a bunch of pieces online two days ago for a cheap build for someone, I woulda bought this in a second. Especially with the dollar where it's at!

D'oh! Another victim of timing. :)

Wow...that is service.

If I didn't own the same rig, I might...

I will run it by my folks, tho.

They've been needing a new compy.

And this would probably do the job.

Heh, makes me laugh, because cept for me running dual core 4800 and having 1 more gig of ram, that is my computer. I guess that is incentive for me to upgrade too.

I'll get back to you.

Ok. Just to let ya know, Playaa/Pselus sent me the email address of another interested buyer, and I found someone else local that's interested too. Not sure if it'll still be around on Monday, and I wanted to give you a heads up.

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you, been really busy at work. I talked it over with the Woman, and she reminded me that I don't play games on the computer I have now, and before I go spending money on a new machine I should get online more with the machine I do have. :disgust:

Sorry, Unclean, the timing's just bad for me right now. Great deal, though, I hope you find it a good home.

Edited by appalachian_fox

• 4 weeks later...