Good bye paycheck to paycheck

Xoul

(edited)

Well, I'll give you the whole story as it is. I work for Wal-Mart unloading trucks. This is what I do for a living. I know it doesn't sound like much at all, and it really isn't. It really sucks. They expect you to do the job with as few people as possible. Then they yell at you for it not being done in 2 hours. Well, if three people do a truck, the truck is 2500 parts, and you have 3 guys to unload... its not happening. They expect us to do 180 boxes per hour per person, and there is no way 3 guys can do it. This is how its done. 1 guys throws the truck. Generally a person can put 18 boxes on the line a minute. We are expected to get 3-6 boxes off the line a minute per person. so if two guys are doing 180 boxes per minute well that doesn't add up to 2500 in 2 hours. Thats about 720. Lately, I've had a lot of problems. Medical bills, loans that needed paid off that were for a friend.... Well, I got a call this morning from Orient ohio. They told me "you got the job" just pass the drug test. Well, i go for the drug test in two hours.... im really excited that I have this new job. I start out at $15.60 an hour and the pay cap is around.... 30.00 something. Its a corrections job for the state. Well, I'd like to tell my other job to just blank blank blank... but im a really nice guy... and it kills me not to tell them what I think about them. I've really come to respect alot of people there... well anyway... I just wanted to share my GREAT news about my new job. With me and my wife working... we'll be making a total of 22 dollars an hour together... thats awsome. Thats a gross income of 3572 dollars. THATS INSANE!

Edited by Xoul

(edited)

congrats.... whatever you do... Do not think you can afford alot more now. Don't buy stuff you will pay on for years based on your current monthly income.

I went from 7 an hour 2.5 years ago to about $500 in taxes getting taken out of my current paychecks. It took me a 2 years to get out of "oh my, I can buy anything" phase and the debts it accrued, but im in the good now and its much better.

Edited by NOFX

congrats.... whatever you do... Do not think you can afford alot more now. Don't buy stuff you will pay on for years based on your current monthly income.

I went from 7 an hour 2.5 years ago to about $500 in taxes getting taken out of my current paychecks. It took me a 2 years to get out of "oh my, I can buy anything" phase and the debts it accrued, but im in the good now and its much better.

Yep. About 13 years ago I went from 9.00/hr to 25.00/hr. I immediately accrued debt and started living up to my income. Big mistake that I am still paying for even today. Sad thing is, that when I got that pay raise I calculated that if I put the extra income into my house I could pay it off in three years. Needless to say I didn't. In fact I probably owe a little bit more on it now than I did then.

No, I won't go over what I can afford. My step-dad, and uncles and a few other family members already make that kind of money. I don't plan on making any life style changes other than getting a 50-90 thousand dollar house. Which would be in the 500-900 a month range which is pretty much what I pay now.(500) I'm already in debt so, I'm going to pay it all off and then start putting money in the bank. And now that I have this job after a year my wife is going to college. My wife and I had a long talk a week ago about debt. We decided that if we are going to get another car, the one we have is to be paid off. No more than 1 loan for a car, and if we can't buy it out right, we're not going to. We both have credit cards but we've decided that our current limits ($3000.00) is as high as they're going to go. That and we're going to get a debit card and start dumping money into a checking account for emergency's. Like, I need a new hard drive, or power supply lol! jk

Congrats Xoul!!! When I went from working in kitchens and doing odd jobs to actually having a real job with good pay and benefits it changed my life (to a point :D ) I see only good things for you! I'll hold my rant in on the US and this whole credit business for another time. :crazy:

congrats buddy. I think we've all had our fair share of bad jobs. I used to do factory work when i was in highschool & college to pay for tuition.....piecework sucks. No offence to any of you factory workers out there. Now I have a comfortable job (which i'm currently at...darn night shift!) it pays well, great benefits, stuff like that and it's close to home!