In the market for a new monitor.

Xoul

Well, since I'm going to upgrade my computer I figured I might as well spoof up my old one with a new monitor. Now, I plan on using the one I have now for the same PC because I'm giving it to my wife so keep that in mind. This is the one I currently have. Gateway LCD I'm thinking maybe clicky 1 this one, or Clicky2. What do you guys think. I don't HAVE to have a 26 inch, a 24 inch would do too, so I'm open for suggestions.

i didn't know 26" monitors existed... haha. shows what i know. quite simply, if you use your computer to watch movies and hdtv shows then get a 26". otherwise i'd go 2407-HC from dell. 26 and larger gets a bit big to sit in front of and game. there's no res change from 24 to 26 and the dell HC model comes with much better colour reproduction.

even still i'd get the 24" as i have one and watch hd stuff on it just fine.

i didn't know 26" monitors existed... haha. shows what i know. quite simply, if you use your computer to watch movies and hdtv shows then get a 26". otherwise i'd go 2407-HC from dell. 26 and larger gets a bit big to sit in front of and game. there's no res change from 24 to 26 and the dell HC model comes with much better colour reproduction.

Well, I've kinda updated what I'd need out of my monitor. The current one I have has jacks in the back. Composite ones. I was thinking of actually buying a 26inch or bigger so I can hook an xbox360 and a PS3 to it. I had plans to hang it on the wall behind my desk.

Well, I've kinda updated what I'd need out of my monitor. The current one I have has jacks in the back. Composite ones. I was thinking of actually buying a 26inch or bigger so I can hook an xbox360 and a PS3 to it. I had plans to hang it on the wall behind my desk.

I played the 360 using mine, 2v2 gears. It was fun, and looked pretty.

i'm probably wrong but i don't know of any monitor other than 24" from a few companies that have multiple inputs other than just dvi and vga. for sure the dell has component, vga, dvi, and rca. i'm using the component for my hd satellite and the dvi for my pc.

I would recommend the 24" Dell monitor over any other alternatives out there right now. The amount of connections, not to mention the awesome display quality, make it the hands-down choice. I would buy one in a heartbeat right now if they weren't so pricey, and I don't even have a desktop computer right now!

I'm definitely on board with everyone else here: That Dell 24" is an excellent choice in monitors. There is also the 27":

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/product...mp;sku=222-7315

That's probably a bit above the budget, plus it's 27", which depending on your workspace may be a bit big, but they are worth every penny if your workspace can support it and you are comfortable working with a monitor that size. Otherwise, the 24" can handle the same resolution.

speaking from just my experience, dell monitors are kinda crappy

at work, i have 2 19-inch monitors, one dell and one samsung

at first, i had the samsung one connected via VGA and the dell one via DVI and they both looked the same, more or less; then i had to change some stuff up because of my switchbox and the DVI went to the samsung and the VGA went to the dell and they were a world apart; the dell one was actually fuzzy and blurry on the desktop; of course, a normal user that didnt have the switchbox issue that i had could just use the DVI cable and be done with it but this just shows the quality difference between a samsung and a dell monitor

with that in mind, i'll make the assumption that with playing games, with the dell monitor you'll get a "good" picture while with a samsung, you'll get an exceptional picture

i might be biased because i am using a samsung at home :)

Undies --

Wow, what model Dell monitor was that? I've never seen anything like that using VGA on a Dell LCD, but I'd be interested to know which one gave you problems.

Model No: 1905FP

my monitor doesnt seem to have a model number out on the front so looking at the back, this is the closest thing to an identifier that i can find, unless you can tell me what to look for specifically; to give you more of an idea to help you identify it, its a 19-inch lcd and it is sitting on a half-circle swiveling rest; the panel is black and the swiveling rest thing is silver/gray

the samsung monitor that i use at work is the Syncmaster 940Be

the samsung monitor i use at home is the 226BW

Edited by Undies

Undies --

Wow, what model Dell monitor was that? I've never seen anything like that using VGA on a Dell LCD, but I'd be interested to know which one gave you problems.

Model No: 1905FP

my monitor doesnt seem to have a model number out on the front so looking at the back, this is the closest thing to an identifier that i can find, unless you can tell me what to look for specifically; to give you more of an idea to help you identify it, its a 19-inch lcd and it is sitting on a half-circle swiveling rest; the panel is black and the swiveling rest thing is silver/gray

the samsung monitor that i use at work is the Syncmaster 940Be

the samsung monitor i use at home is the 226BW

there's your problem. that's almost dell's base monitor and is no different than any other generic monitor. we're talking about the high end ones like 2007fpw and up. your samsung at work and home is also at least a year newer.