A little nostalgia for old timers

Chief

I was just checking my Hotmail (which has been upgraded) and was clicking on folders. Now, when I send an email I rarely save drafts. But today I clicked on the drafts folder and there were 4. The one that caught my eye was dated 8/25/01.

It was a draft of an email I was sending out to some friends to tell them I was joining =TM=

For those of you that don't know, The Militia was one of the guilds that used to pub & compete with Mmmm back in the old days when DOH & Mmmm people were either Mmmm, BlackOps, or TM or a couple of others. Years before this awesome project GC has become.

So over 6 years later, I've met a lot of you in person, become friends with a few, and benefitted greatly from your moral support and prayers as my mom passed away from cancer.

Checking through my "drafts" folder reminded me of a few people to come and say hello to, as well as to begin the sentiments of thanks that come with Thanksgiving.

Happy holidays & best wishes to you all.

Proud member of TM, BlackOps, DOH, and even Mmmm at one point here!This has been the semi-annual random El Barto return to the forums. Have a nice day!Oh, and as long as we're reminiscing about that old stuff, here are some more tidbits and questions!Who founded TM? I can't remember, although I know my best friend (OFFLINE, even) Zeabos was one of the early members. ++SexyTyme++ and myself started BlackOps, which didn't last long... Remember the scandal of the DOH spinoff, with Destroyer and (then Mmmm flagship server) Tango T1?One last trivia question... can anyone remember the name of the last Mmmm spinoff clan (at least of my time), centered around the exodus of myself and Dirk Nowitzki, among others?Ah, the trials and tribulations of the Counter Strike community... I've missed you guys sorely.Hope all is well, have a safe + great T-giving!

I started playin' on the DOH server when you were still DOH, Chief :-)

Before that I used to play with a bunch of the people that went to the DOH server on SAB (and I used to play on a 24/7 Dust server for a long time)....man, back then I was in Envy|...that was CS 1.2 or 1.3 when I joined them.