oh noes - PC people like apple devices!

stutters

a survey of PC mag readers (presumably PC users, too)

In its first year on the survey, the Apple iPhone scored a stunning 9.1 out of 10 from our readers, beating the ratings that every other phone, from every carrier, in nearly every category, has received in the three years we've been including cell phones. The iPhone's 9.6 scores in music and video playback might have been expected, but its 8.2 for call quality (a score significantly better than average), another 8.2 for coverage, and an 8.0 for earpiece volume show that it's not just the i our readers like. They love the phone, too.

In the case of other devices, our readers seem to have settled into slightly cranky resignation. Almost all brands on nearly every carrier rated scores between 7.0 and 7.5 overall, with differentiations coming feature by feature. Check out our online charts for full details.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,2211392,00.asp

ps - hi maverick.

In its first year on the survey, the Apple iPhone scored a stunning 9.1 out of 10 from our readers, beating the ratings that every other phone, from every carrier, in nearly every category, has received in the three years we've been including cell phones. The iPhone's 9.6 scores in music and video playback might have been expected, but its 8.2 for call quality (a score significantly better than average), another 8.2 for coverage, and an 8.0 for earpiece volume show that it's not just the i our readers like. They love the phone, too.

In the case of other devices, our readers seem to have settled into slightly cranky resignation. Almost all brands on nearly every carrier rated scores between 7.0 and 7.5 overall, with differentiations coming feature by feature. Check out our online charts for full details.

ps - hi maverick.

So I guess that means all 20 people who have used an iphone are amish, and therefore unfit to evaluate technology? :biglaugha: jk I dont want a celly of any sort.

Edited by DarkArchon

heart my iphone...especially now that I can play old LucasArts games like Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle on it.

How do you play games on it? I've got one, just haven't played with it that much. Are they web-based games or games that you actually download to your phone?

Isn't the developer's kit due out in February? I'm waiting for that rather than take the chance at bricking my phone. Once 3rd party aps start being made it doesn't seem like there's much to limit the phone. Either way, it does what I bought it to do without problem...I have nothing to complain about. Anything additional is just icing on the cake imo.

ps - hi maverick.

So I guess that means all 20 people who have used an iphone are amish, and therefore unfit to evaluate technology? :biglaugha: jk I dont want a celly of any sort.

I almost peed laughing....

All this proved is that people like their iphone. IF Microsoft had a phone out, your assumption would be valid.

This was a study for a phone that plays mp3's and movies. Of course they got it beat! Microsoft doesn't have a phone that is 100% theirs. Just phones running their software that has been skewed to work with the third party phone. Nice try.

Hmmm...can you say legendary fail?

I'm actually racking my brain trying my hardest to figure out what you're talking about, other than the fact that you have a bookmark to the Canada Post and your Operating System looks like it needs to be taken out to pasture and shot.

not quite sure either, although there is an awful lot of APPLE advertising going on there..... *cough* PAYOFF *cough*

sure, it was the "readers" :)

ps - mo, now would be a good time to use that "special feature" you mentioned to me about a while ago...

Edited by boilersax

why would microsoft advertise to pc users? "hey windows user, here's an advertisement we're paying for, for a product you already own." and, well, with the inertia behind the zune, who needs to advertise such an advanced device?

massive fail. massive.

why would microsoft advertise to pc users? "hey windows user, here's an advertisement we're paying for, for a product you already own." and, well, with the inertia behind the zune, who needs to advertise such an advanced device?

massive fail. massive.

Why do networks advertise their own network while you're watching it? For instance, when I watch Heroes, I see more advertising for NBC than I do for anything else. :shrug03:

Hmmm...can you say legendary fail?

I'm actually racking my brain trying my hardest to figure out what you're talking about, other than the fact that you have a bookmark to the Canada Post and your Operating System looks like it needs to be taken out to pasture and shot.

ROFL! Seriously, if you can't figure it out you're probably best just using a Mac. I'll ignore the other comments in respect for your pride.

Why do networks advertise their own network while you're watching it? For instance, when I watch Heroes, I see more advertising for NBC than I do for anything else. :shrug03:

wow.

WOW.

I understand why they're advertising their OTHER shows, granted, but what I don't get is how they can afford to eat up all that valuable advertising time that other companies would pay good money for advertising for themselves. I mean, I could understand a spot every other commercial break for a minute or so, but about 60% of every break is taken up by the same advertisements for the same shows over and over again. It's dumb.....

I was also pointing out that Microsoft has a spread of products to advertise (like Apple) and can benefit from advertising on a site such at that. :peace: It's always good to alert the public to new products...

Oh, and SJ, do you know what the number one selling digital media player on Amazon is right now? Oh yeah, that's right...the Zune! (not the new one either)

(I couldn't resist that lil' anti-iPod stap though it has nothing to do with the topic at hand)

Oh, and SJ, do you know what the number one selling digital media player on Amazon is right now? Oh yeah, that's right...the Zune! (not the new one either)

(I couldn't resist that lil' anti-iPod stap though it has nothing to do with the topic at hand)

if you dropped the ipod to that price it would be in the same situation.

All the sales are from when they dropped it to 70 bucks

next

that's because it's a 30gig POOP COLORED Zune for less than it costs for Bill Gates to actually TAKE A POOP!

man...I actually never wanted to be an Apple fanboy...but then I started using their products and hearing people put down these beautifully constructed, visually pleasing, robust pieces of technology....you guys have turned me in to one.

I'm going to go play Secret of Monkey Island on my iPhone now.

you'll never, ever, EVER hear me claim that the public at large is smrt. yes, s-m-r-t.

(bonus points for simpsons reference).

next.