I am legend

TheGeek

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laz is right. I used to think that "comic guys" were all weird and creepy...then one of them convinced me to check out some truly good graphic novels (which are infinitely better than simple comic books) and I've come to the opinion that graphic novels are an absolutely amazing way to tell a story.

After you check out I Am Legend in graphic novel form...go check out everything written by J. Michael Strazynski.

Definitely not a horror flick....

That being said, is the book actually called "I Am Legend?"

and is it as depressing? Man that movie depressed the crap out of me. It was good though...

I'd say 4 DarkArchons out of 5 DarkArchons

It gets the 4 out of 5 because, while I didn't think the ending was as bad as some of you, I know how I would've written it better. Also, the leader zombie plot line that seemed to be purposely dropped in isn't addressed at all by a very intelligent scientist main character (Will Smith) which is just crap. If they would've followed with the character that they spent so much time developing, then he would've been all over that--probably trying to see if it would be possible to teach them and redeem some of their mental faculties.

Is the graphic novel called "I Am Legend" as well? I would really like to give both of these a shot.

Also, best post-apocalyptic novel I've ever read: The Postman

• 4 weeks later...
I give it 4.5 DarkArchons out of 5 DarkArchons.

I liked the movie, I'd give it 4.25 DarkArchons out of 5 DarkArchons. (LOL TEK)

I give all you guys 10 DarkArchons out of 10 DarkArchons. I just saw this today :P

You are being to generous! You just blew the curve!

Shaftiel

I give all you guys 10 DarkArchons out of 10 DarkArchons. I just saw this today :P

Shaftiel

I swear you track where I'm reading so that you can quote me and make fun of me!!!!

Shaftiel

I swear you track where I'm reading so that you can quote me and make fun of me!!!!

How dare you

Shaftiel

• 1 month later...

IMHO, the alternate ending added a LOT more meaning and better-wrapped-up feeling than the original theatrical release. It was only 7 additional minutes of footage (plus a few minutes exchanged) but it really made a big difference in my impression of the movie as a whole. Having the different version/ending was WELL worth the extra expense over the standard version, and I will never watch the original theatrical version again.

I'm sure it still isn't nearly as good as the book (as is the case 99.9% of the time) but I haven't read it and I really enjoyed seeing the movie again that fulfills most of my "requests" I mentioned in my original review of the movie.

It was all right I expected to get scared horificly cause i dont watch horror movies and you guys said this was a creepy movie...I never jumped or flinched through the whole movie...That being said it was a good movie 2 things they shoulda had waaay more fight seens and a better ending. I mean come on you expect the movie to go on and on then all the sudden **spoiler**

BOOM will smith is dead and its the end of the movie...

It was all right I expected to get scared horificly cause i dont watch horror movies and you guys said this was a creepy movie...I never jumped or flinched through the whole movie...That being said it was a good movie 2 things they shoulda had waaay more fight seens and a better ending. I mean come on you expect the movie to go on and on then all the sudden **spoiler**

buy the 2 disc special edition or find someone who has it and watch the alternate version. I'm guessing it will help alleviate some of your concerns.

The thing I liked about the alternate ending was that they showed the intelligence/society of the creatures. Will Smith living was kind of eh...

I liked the idea of how they showed the intelligence of the creatures in the extra ending, but it was still very poorly done. I couldn’t help but laugh at the "love jesters" that the creatures were making at each other. Even though both film endings sucked, I'm glad they stuck with the one they did.

Someone post up an explanation of the alternate ending for those of us who don't feel like getting the DVD to watch it.

Obviously put it inside of a spoiler warning though.

Or just post it. :) I want to know as well, and I am not going to buy it.

(edited)

***SPOILER***

I Am Legend - Alternate Ending

Sorry, but the spoiler tags don't seem to be working on a you tube post so...just don't play it if you don't want to see it.

[utube]DGsbikMS3Ec[/utube]

Edited by dwEEziL