Duke Nukem Forever???

Thief_Lord

it all looked like in-engine stuff to me. Not the best in-engine stuff I've seen before, but still pretty darn good, and they're still probably not close to finished yet.

Even though I haven't ever played any duke nukem games before, I might be willing to give this one a shot "when it's finished".

They haven't released any major trailers before--most of them have just been screenshots or simple lil' things where Duke says something snazzy....

That being said, I'm fairly sure it was all in-game footage, and with the new funding they got for the project last year, I think it's a fairly decent bet that the game is actually being made. I don't care how long it's taken to come out, I will definitely buy it! The DN3D was one of the best shooters of all time, and really helped to kick start the genre into the main stream.

And the quote at the end of the trailer is hillarious!

correct me if Im wrong, but there was only one duke nukem game before this so-called one. I remember buying it when I was like 14 or 15. Back then first person shooters weren't a dime a dozen. The coolest part was that I gave my buddy at school a copy. We would then setup our computers to call one another and play multiplayer. This was before we started using the mouse to control the aim of the gun.

I also remember installing this in my programming class. We would have about 12 people doing multiplayer LAN in the mornings when I was 16 or 17. This was my first real FPS multiplayer experience. wow 9-10 years ago. I suddenly feel old.

correct me if Im wrong, but there was only one duke nukem game before this so-called one. I remember buying it when I was like 14 or 15. Back then first person shooters weren't a dime a dozen. The coolest part was that I gave my buddy at school a copy. We would then setup our computers to call one another and play multiplayer. This was before we started using the mouse to control the aim of the gun.

I also remember installing this in my programming class. We would have about 12 people doing multiplayer LAN in the mornings when I was 16 or 17. This was my first real FPS multiplayer experience. wow 9-10 years ago. I suddenly feel old.

Not correct, there were two side-scroller's out before Duke Nuke 'Em 3D, which is what you played. I played it over ipx too...calling my buddies' computers...heck it was one of the first and few fps's to have co-op mode. The game was one of the best fps's ever made. And the ending was the best video game ending of all time in my humble opinion, though the cake at the end of portal was pretty freakin' sweet.

In our current stage of endless FPS bombardment, I wonder if Nukem can survive on the original concept, or if he can survive changing the formula a bit if he can't. As much as it's great and all to say "DUKE NUKEM IS DA Fo' SHIZZLE AND AINT NOT NOTHIN ELSE TO IT!!!11111" I doubt I'll play this game if it doesn't get some kind of decent storyline, while maintaining the senseless over-the-top mayhem and one-liners.

It wasn't ten years of Duke disappearing, it's been ten years of this game TRYING to come out, and so I don't really have faith in the developers to make the game that people are expecting. It'll no doubt be fun, but in my case, I'll be surprised if it wows me enough to pay full price for it.

All in all, as great as Duke is, I'm expecting this to be another decent game that's lost by the 50 million other games just like it that are out right now.