Help me pick ONE new game...

Laz.e.rus

Pick a game for me!  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If I buy just ONE game to keep me entertained right now...what should it be?

It has to have LONG TERM playability, or replayablility.

For example, I liked Time Shift, but I beat it in a day...NOT good. I made myself beat it again jsut to get more value out of it :(

Keep in mind I have Dial Up...so I cant say..update steam..etc.

Also, this makes Required patches tough. And multiplayer a joke.

Doesnt jsut have to be an FPS.

I like games like stronghold legends etc. That particular one got boring, but it lasted a long time.

I liked Oblivion. Those kinds are cool too...and play a longggg time.

PC only...no consoles.

Any ideas?

GC Alumni
(edited)

Boo, I'd love to offer some games, but I'm afraid that they're all too short.

You could sit down with Civilization 4 or Rise of Nations (first one). Although RTS, they offer a lot of gameplay time.

Also, with the selections you chose, Bioshock seems kind of short too. I was having a lot of fun with the game and before I knew it, I was at the last boss battle.

Not sure about Crysis...

Oh yeah, another RTS game I really enjoy playing is CivCity Rome. It's more of a city building game with military action thrown in there, so depending on what you like out of games, you might really like this one. Not guaranteeing anything, but it's the most fun I've had with a game in that genre for a long time.

JackieChan

Edited by JackieChan

My mom loves leisure suit larry, well at least the older ones, not 100% sure about the new ones. Has anyone actually played them?

Leisure suit larry... wow. I remember playing one around 20 years ago. Once I discovered real girls, the game lost its apeal. I think I made the right choice... but I'm married now. Larry would be so ashamed of me.

Shaftiel

If you like RTS..then I suggest Supreme Commander...that wasted HOURS of my time...

BTW, on unrelated note I have a copy for sale...practically pristine condition.

KOTOR is great, but dated (have a copy of that too...heh)

I am currently back to UT2k4 and just picked up Call of Duty 4...that looks like it has some staying power.

If you like RTS's try Supreme Commander....I love it. The expansion pack is awesome as well.

The Orange Box gives you 3 games to play. 2 are pretty short and 1 is multiplayer only.

Oh and Bioshock is fun to...

Edited by Sgt. Slaughterâ„¢-TopBrass

Considering the fact that you will not have usable internets for online play, I would give a vote for Supreme Commander. I really enjoyed it and thought it was one of the best RTS's I had played in a long time (I haven't tried World in Conflict or C&C3) and it can take you a fair amount of time to play through one single player campaign, let alone do it three times for the three different races/story lines. The story is pretty thin (it IS an RTS after all) but the thrill of creating a MASSIVE force and launching nukes and bomber attacks was great fun.

Even without multiplayer, I think you would get more meaningful play time out of SupCom than some of the others mentioned. If online multiplayer was an option, I would definitely say Orange Box, but without it Portal and the Half Life stuff is fairly short and probably not worth more than a replay or two. Bioshock is an AMAZING game and I enjoyed playing through it tremendously, but it was a 12 hour play-through if you take your time, and after that there just isn't a really compelling reason to replay it again for a while. I beat it back in August, then didn't touch it again until last month when I replayed it. I think that layoff was about right for it.

Ah LSL...I remember spending hours trying to guess the right answers so I could actually play the game (usually long enough to get attacked by the dog or mugged <_< ) I blame LSL for everything that is right with me.

Out of those games I have to vote for Crysis.

Obox really needs online and the single player is not going to keep you going long enough

Bioshock is a great experience but not very good if you're looking for a game to keep you occupied for a long period of time

The RTS games mentioned are probably a good choice as they tend to take ages and are quite addictive

I say Crysis because it's FPS (seeing as though all your options are FPS games I figured that's what you are after) and the possibilities in that game are nearly endless

Thanks guys!

Based on this advice I went to pick up an RTS- Sup Comm to be exact. When I got there, they didnt have it. Bummbed, I was looking around and found a boxed set of Command and Conquer... "The C&C Saga"

It has " The First decade" which is all 12 of their previously released titles, as well as C&C3 Tiberium Wars.

13 RTS's for 50 bucks. Now THATS some staying power! Lol.

Admittedly, some are REALLY old. But they were always fun.

Someday soon tho.....Crysis!!!