Post your Plan

Fatty

Don't post your fantasy, post what you plan to do to lose your weight.

Me:

Diet:

-portions = less

-lunch = soup / veggies / fruits (none of the school lunches...)

-after dinner = nothing

Workouts:

-Continue Saturday morning platform tennis

-continue Sunday afternoon basketball

Add -

Monday - weights

Tuesday - nothing

Wednesday - weights

Thursday - 3 mile run

Basically, with the addition of a cardio day, some weight lifting, and a serious watch on my diet, I hope to drop between 1 and 2 pounds / week throughout this entire event. If I don't lose, or I lose and then stall, I'll increase.

Me:

Diet:

-eat about the same except for spread it out more during the day, more meals less calories each meal. (already lost about 10lbs just by not overeating as much)

-squash the sugar/dessert binges I go on every now and then (not real often, but usually way in excess when they happen)

-after dinner = nothing

Workouts:

-continue Sunday afternoon basketball

-already been on the bike on and off for 30 minutes at a time....randomly

-fix elliptcal trainer (parts on the way)

Add -

-some sort of cardio for 30 minutes every day (knowing every now and then I'll miss a day due to whatever)

Monday - situps, pushups, pullups, cycled with jumping rope between sets (eventually get back into weights, but for now this resistance stuff will be fine)

Wednesday -situps, pushups, pullups, cycled with jumping rope between sets (eventually get back into weights, but for now this resistance stuff will be fine)

Thursday - Extra 30 min to hour of cardio (last chance workouts!!!!)

I'd like to get myself back to the point where exercise, even just 30 minutes of easy cardio at least, is an everyday thing. Even if its just sitting there pedaling easily on an off day. I've pretty much got the eating under control save for the every now and then binge on sweets. Ultimately I'd like to get back to lifting weights, although I'll be going more for the tone, I've got too much muscle as it is.....sorry Zester.....

OK,

Meals

- Smaller portions

- No fast food

- Reduce soda intake to 24 oz/day

Excercise

- Fencing practice (8 - 10pm) Mondays and Wednesdays

- Bally's Fitness Center (30 - 60 minutes) Sunday's, Tuesdays and Thursdays

- Fencing Tournaments (12 - 5pm) 3 Saturdays a month.

- Nice, relaxed walk with my wife most nights for about 30 minutes.

Shaftiel

meals-

at this point any reduction in quanity would be of benefit, as was in an almost self destruct mode of gorging

eliminating snacks (chips/dip, fast food, etc)

smaller meals, more often

combining atkins-low carbs, south beach-good carb, and weight watchers -looking at points when looking at food now

healthy snack - mostly fruit

eating breakfast - starting off with a good healthy meal everyday, early vs waiting till later and gorging

diet pop continues, although reducing caffine and trying to drink less carbinated drinks

drink more water - when working from home - keep water bottle close and continuous

be hungry! enjoy the feeling of being slightly hungry at times, and not over stuffed and "bloated"

exercise-

bought a new treadmill, so better use it :-) starting slow with heavy inclines at fast walk (1-2 mls/day)

dumbell weights every other day, alternating body parts...just a quick 10 mins of low weight, high reps to get muscles alive again

ENJOY THE FEELING!

-NOT FEELING STUFFED

-LOOKING BETTER

-MORE ENERGY

-MORE ACTIVE

-MORE MOTIVATION

-BEING SORE!

-INCREASED WARDROBE

- Eat smaller portions.

- Eat healthier foods (cut out red meat for now)

- move

Yesterday I did 9 "lines" in my hallway. These were the reason for my biggest weight loss in my life...during my senior year of high school I went from 275lbs to 225lbs because of all the lines we had to run in basketball practice. I didn't change my eating habits or work out extra after basketball practice..I just ran a bunch (and still sucked at basketball).

- Reduce soda intake to 24 oz/day

Consider replacing your 24 oz soda per day with carbonated fruit juice. We have a brand called Izze in our stores that is just fruit juice and carbonated water and it tastes just like soda to me. Its gets its sweetness from fructose which affects your blood sugar differently than sugar.

Shaft, I recommend cutting your soda intake to 0 oz/day. I lost 20 pounds just from doing that and I had never felt so healthy once it got out of my system. That is 20 lbs that stayed off too (I was 295 before).

GC Founder

What about diet pop? No good? I probably drink 3 or 4 / day.....does the sodium make me retain water?

I'll have to get a little hot water maker Tea thing in my classroom if I can't have a caffeine shot here or there.....

My wife did one of the commercial weight loss programs (Slim4Life) and they were very restrictive towards pop and diet pop. They were restrictive of anything that had lots of sodium. I think she could have as many as two of those crystallight type drink additives you can buy, as long as they had NO caramel coloring. Add them to a 20 oz bottle of cold water and shake.

Also, no frozen meats -- for example, compare the salt content of frozen vs. fresh chicken; buy the one with the least amount of salt. She could only have beef two meals per week (because of salt) and no pork. Also she had to cut out caffeine, but green or herbal tea was allowed.

Sorry, I ramble.

My reasons behind quitting my soda intake were more than just for weightloss (though that was the biggest thing). I mean, there is quite literally not a single thing in soda apart from the water that is good for you. Even diet soda. I mean, you're basically drinking acid (albiet a weak one, but still acid) and syrup. The only thing remotely appealing about soda is the taste.

Every person I've ever talked to about quitting soda gives me crappy excuses about why they won't...but the gist of it is this:

You either won't quit because you're lazy (and quitting does take effort) or you won't quit because you're addicted. Either way, it's probably not a good thing.

I mean, I'm not one of those people that thinks we should all eat 100% natural food or go milking cows that we raised on our own...I just think that of all the crap we put into our bodies, soda is one of the easiest ones to cut out.

I mean, I'm not one of those people that thinks we should all eat 100% natural food or go milking cows that we raised on our own...I just think that of all the crap we put into our bodies, soda is one of the easiest ones to cut out.
i went from working at an ISP that kept us awake by breast feeding us soda to drinking none (literally none) for 4 years. i only recently started again because i'm in the midwest, and it's cool to be fat here.

but seriously, dropping the soda was just the gateway. after i did that (along the same reasons you're citing), i also stopped eating fast food, or prepared food, or even frozen food. its a healthy move, and that leads to a health lifestyle.

unless, of course, you're stuck in the midwest. :(

I'd actually have to agree that dropping soda is a gateway. I noticed that I cared alot less about fast food restaurants after I stopped drinking soda. It's almost as if, when you go to order, you are made aware that you need to choose something other than soda as a drink and that awareness (and how limited the alternative selection is) makes you think about what you're actually about to eat.

Can't say it did the same for me on frozen food though. Then again the only real frozen food I eat now is frozen chicken breasts that I grill up and put in rice and salad...I'm still fat though...cause I don't move ever.

Diet changed to no prepared food, oatmeal for breakfast, vitamin suppliments. Working out 5-6 days a week alternating cardio with resistance/yoga. I also have an amino drink after I do the resistance workout every other day to help rebuild more lean muscle.

I bailed on soda a long time ago and drink black tea if not water, and some juice in the AM. I am pushing for 2-3lbs per week with the main goal of my waist. If I can hit a 32in waist at some point I am good to go.

GC Founder

Did I mention not finishing food from my kids' plates? Yea, that's in the plan too....although I ate my daughters slice of pizza today at lunch.....now I will punish myself and run on my off day.....

Did I mention not finishing food from my kids' plates? Yea, that's in the plan too....although I ate my daughters slice of pizza today at lunch.....now I will punish myself and run on my off day.....

All i can picture is a house elf from harry potter doing the whole punishment thing to its self..

(hit self in head)bad fatty...(hit in stomach)must not steal food...(running into wall)must be thin...

DNA
off day, what's that?

heck, you should know, you have one every 24 hours..... :D

Ohhhh 3 snaps in a Z formation...you go girl!!

Edited by DNA

By the way, my plan sucks. I hurt and ache all over from the gym, and I didn't push myself, just kept it easy. To add to that I was hit really hard in the chest on Monday with a sword, so hard that it bent the sword at the forte. The bruise still hasn't formed, so its going to be impresive since the spot is still very tender to the touch.

Sigh, but at least the scale moved a couple of pounds lower today... but ow.

Shaftiel