COD4 or TF2

Demoner

COD4 would be my choice but fewer and fewer of the community seem to play that. TF2 is teh suck IMO but a bunch of folks like it.

Whaa? Have you been on the GC COD4 server? Of course, I'm probably a bit biased as the LA of that server... :P

And demoner, Dark got it - TF2 is for light, whimsical, simple gameplay. The objectives are very simple, and the game style is really entertaining and different. COD4 is a more realistic war sim - much larger maps, different gametypes, unlockable weapons/upgrades/abilities, etc.

Personally, I feel that 'just more round' thing with COD4, just because you're constantly getting new weapons/upgrades/skills. "Now I have a scope for this weapon, let's try it for a round..." TF2 is hilarious, but I quickly got sick of the direct strats required to win maps. "We need an engineer here, scoutrush this point, etc"

Call of Duty 4...

Our GC community dwindled for a bit on the GC COD server a few months after the game came out, but it's picking back up.

The server always has 20+ people in it at any given time of the day, no matter how empty the TF2 server is. I like both games but lean heavily toward TF2. CoD4 is fun though since you get better weapons and what not as you progress. Oh yeah, and my "Ninja" custom class owns.

Just a matter of taste I guess, I bought COD4 and thought it royally sucked, so I sold it here in the forums. TF2 I think is a blast, yes its cartoonish, but very fun. The game itself seems to be designed around fun...not realism, with teamplay being a HUGE part of winning, and using all the different classes the right way. COD4 was realistic, but repetitve and boring, not to mention monotone and hard to see people in my opinion. I dont know if the server has changed at all, but it used to be deathmatch all the time which got old in about 10 minutes. Not to mention the fact that the upgrade system needs work...you start off with iron sights while everyone else that has been playing awhile has all the scopes and goodies...so if you get COD4...plan on getting completely OWNED for awhile.

Just my 2 cents :)

Some people choose iron sites so that they can use a silencer on their AR or whatever the gun happens to be. You only need 25 kills with a gun to get the red-dot site, so that's not much at all.

Team play usually makes me angry when pubbing, cause there's always some guy in there that just wont help out (especially for specific goals, like nodes/core in UT and whatever they have for TF2). Team play is awesome when you have a team, sucks hardcore when you don't.

Edited by DarkArchon

The gameplay mechanics of COD4 feel good, but the way the game plays is not the kind of game I like. The teamplay aspect of TF2 is so much better than COD4, there's really no comparison. You can play with people and make it feel more like a team based game, but with the class system of TF2, there are few classes that can go commando and own everything alone. Also when you roll with a team of 8 to a control point, the battles can be intense and a lot more satisfying than anything I've experienced in COD4.

I also feel that they really worked on balance where as COD4 has the fun factor of hey now I'm rich (got 4-6 kills) and I can get richer (call an airstrike or a helicopter and blow everything away) while the poor stay poor. That to me doesn't really take much skill and ultimately isn't rewarding.

TF2 is also releasing new content (maps and weapon unlocks) which will change the feel of the game.

If you like games that use teamwork, I'd say go TF2. If you like a multiplayer experience that doesn't force you to rely on others as much, go COD4.