Vista Service Pack 1 Released

DNA

I was notified through their beta testing crap that it was released but after looking for about 10 min. and not finding it I gave up lol

99% of what's in the SP1 release is already updated on yer system if you had kept up to date with windows update already.

DNA

correct most of the hot fixs you already would have had but the performance increase is the big thing, plus it fixs some big erors with net framework 3.5 that people were having.

Glad to help...

DNA

Update:

Some people have had issue with installing the update do to some beat files they may have downloaded. The easy fix (if you call it that) is to intall vista again in update mode (from with in windows) and after everything is done install the SP1 before you do anything else and all should be good.

Hope nobody here has these problems.

This didn't work :(

The file it talks about does not exist on my computer (in that location at least). I still downloaded the updater but no luck.

I guess I will just have to wait until it is fixed.

Thanks for your help. :)

(edited)

Well I had zero issues installing it and everything seems to be running fine

I did have a 5% drop in RAM usage after the install. This is without changing any settings. I'll run 2dmark later and post before/after scores since I have not installed anything or changed any settings since I ran it last.

Edited by Preacher

DNA

This didn't work :(

The file it talks about does not exist on my computer (in that location at least). I still downloaded the updater but no luck.

I guess I will just have to wait until it is fixed.

Thanks for your help. :)

I had to do the install again thing on another computer of mine and it works fine, did not lose anything and works perfect. You should feel okay to try it if you want...

Well I don't really understand how the performance can increase by almost 1000 on 3dmark, but I guess I'll take it lol. I even left some stuff running I shut down the first time so it's really weird to me.

Gonna tweak a little and see what I get it up to ;)

my network transfer speed has gone from 11mb/sec to around 65mb/sec so i'd say it's worth it for the update. i'll try 3dmark later but i just ran it yesterday before the update and posted my scores so at least i'll have some easily comparable data.

DNA
my network transfer speed has gone from 11mb/sec to around 65mb/sec so i'd say it's worth it for the update. i'll try 3dmark later but i just ran it yesterday before the update and posted my scores so at least i'll have some easily comparable data.

Ya I noticed the same thing and I think you and I have the same router, as we have talked before about it (Linksys).