Guild Wars

Allanon

I was just wondering... though I think I may be one of the only people who still plays Guild Wars I know there was a lot of interest when the game first came out and was curious if I could start it up again. Before I post up a giant wall of text about GW, and why you should get back into it or get it... I wanted to know if there was any interest in perhaps getting back into GW, creating a guild for it, etc.

Allanon.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny you bring this up... I just reinstalled Guild Wars (Nightfall) a few weeks ago and gave it another whirl. I'm not annoyed by the game* this time around, and ended up playing it for about 6 hours or so. It just hasn't worked itself into my nightly routine...

Eat dinner, watching tv

Play on the COD4 server for a few hours

Phonecall with Lady Unclean

Wrap up the night with some Dead Rising

*Before you ask, here were my annoyances:

1. Healing is nerfed... no need for healers anymore, especially for enchantment healers such as myself.

2. Heroes system needed work... erratic behavior, weird interface, etc

3. Lots of other games got in the way. Not a fault of GW, but I didn't have the same draw back to this game

4. It would be really tough to do any PvP with all of the new skills everyone probably got

i have 4 toons around 7-8th lvl,never got any further cuz i don't like going alone.

let me know if you are going to start back up and i'll start all over.

I am in the same boat. Like the game, I just didn't know what I was doing (gear, talents and what nots). Coming from WoW (I haven't played in around 8 months) I was kindof lost.

I'd be cool with getting back into the game for a bit... the COD4 server seems to be doing well on autopilot now. Shazzz/ewok/allanon - are you interested in starting new toons and giving the game a whirl again? If so, which version of the game? Prophecies (original)? Factions? Nightfall? Eye of the North?

Sure...I have a few of the gold guns in COD4. I have been playing that a bit much anyway. Sign me up for GW. Just pm me with the info.

today is my birthday...so I will be out for a while. btw, I think all I have is the Factions. The regular GW's. I don't mind picking up the one that is needed.

I'm cool with Factions, but it's definitely my least favorite out of the 3 I've played (story-wise). I think Prophecies is the best, with Nightfall coming in at a close second. However - one of my favorite classes (assassin) is from Factions. :)

Let's see which versions ewok/lostoften have and see if we can find some common ground before you go out buying another one.

Btw, happy birthday!

(edited)

PvP isn't as difficult to get into as you think Unclean... while there are tons of skills (over 1000) the actual skills that are often used in GvG in the current meta (what's being played by most PvP guilds) is much smaller and easier to manage.

I'm only on around 9 and later for Guild stuff but I can always get on earlier if you guys want to ...

IGN = Tibetan Death Monk]

P.S. I'll create a Ventrilo Guild Wars channel.

Edited by Allanon

k, I'll idle in the GW channel.

If we're getting 3-4 people together for this, bear in mind we won't all be playing at the same time, so there may be some re-questing to help some of you catch up. :)

Fine with me I've only beaten nightfall and factions on one toon so I'm fine with playing through them... also my guild is part of a big PvE alliance so I could always get extra people.

(edited)

Which one is Factions? I have them all and played through a good portion of them but get them all confused. I like the Assassin/Asianish one best, I think it was the easiest to get to level 20 with. How many people fit in a party? I would be interested in getting back into the game. Though I have a level 20 and a few 10+ I have no experience in playing it multiplayer really because I did all my playing solo, so treat me like a newb. :)

Edited by VooDooPC

anyone interested in purchasing my guild wars account from me? I originally got it from Decoy a few years ago, it is simply the vanilla GW. I have disk, box, manual etc. I'll give you my user email and password and you can change them over to your own. I just don't get into RPGs like I do shooters. I play through the single player and might join a few folks for a while in MP mode but just doesn't have the draw as getting to snipe you from afar like a shooter :).

Anyway $10 + ship sound fair?

Good times last night! Did you guys do any more questing after I logged off?

And are you gonna be around tonight for some additional Charr pwnage? :P

@Preacher - that's a great price... I think most of us already have the original GW. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya to find a buyer, though.

I agree that was really fun. VooDoo came too but his mic was either not working or he just didn't want to play with us :P... I'll be on tonight again but I think my guild is gonna GvG at around 9:00 if not I'll be on longer.