Playing the easy side 99% of the time

simkiller

(edited)
the number of crybabies has exponentially increased over the past few days. have fun, ladies.

AGREED.

Also, I've got to LOL that someone is pointing fingers at zan when there are MANY others who pull the same crap, joining easy side, (hey you opened the can of worms with the topic). I've seen the same stuff from a few in this thread. I've also seen MANY and a few in this thread stack up sides on a map. Then push it to 5-0 or 6-0 then finally decide to switch and help. At that point it's a waste as far as I'm concerned. Because the score shouldn't have gotten so lopsided to begin with.

How bout you stop Pi$$in' & Moanin' about one guy and start payin' closer attention to how you yourself play.

Since I know you're an admin, I'll take this post as how GC feels about the topic. It's all I needed to know, thx.

And just who are you referring to in your above post? When you talk about people it's polite to name names so people don't have to wonder who you're talking about. And if you respond to this, back it up with some proof of what you're talking about. Thanks! :smillie_smilling:

Edited by simkiller

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can be certain that I am guilty of this to some small effect, not intentionally, but I so rarely play anymore that there are some maps that I do not know that well, so I dont know which is the harder side, and when that is the case, I will usually always choose CT because I like the Colt, and that is really the only reason. When a map comes up that I KNOW there is a hard side like Dust, Office, or Aztec, I always play the hard side.

But then again, I suck so I dont think anyone really cares where I play...they probably just hope its not on their team, lol.

Since I know you're an admin, I'll take this post as how GC feels about the topic.
you must STILL be drunk. who in their right mind* would think that lunk's opinion is the end-all positioning statement for anyone other than himself?

god forbid people actually give ZAN a hard time about it. people will throw around "u been zanned lol" but won't bother saying anything to zan at the start of the next round. hold your teammates accountable, and if they're playing like morons, let them know. they'll either get annoyed and leave (that's ok, this is a team-based game) or they'll listen and start playing. btw, that's not to be misinterpreted to the vigilantes who like to play admin-trainee and threaten people.

the preceding message does not necessarily represent the views of gc, their subsidiaries, or any partners.

*excluding zd

(edited)

First off I don't drink.

Second since no one with any real gc admin authority except for Lunk has posted on this topic, it's reasonable imo to see this as gc's view of the topic. If it's not then please let me know otherwise.

Third you are very wrong if you think people don't give Zan a hard time while in game about his pathetic team play and team joins. I among countless others continue to remind him of his cs-whoring to no avail. sj, this didn't start yesterday and I have yet to see an admin do anything about it hence my post.

Let me make this clear, I'm not talking about team stacking or going up 7-0 or anything like that. Zan couldn't stack a team in a blind man's cs server. It's not right that everyone else who grinds it out on the t side of cbble getting reamed has to listen to Zan say "do the objective ppl", as he sits in the back of the site squating behind some boxes. Like I said it's just annoying.

Edited by simkiller

In response to another Zan thread, I got this response from two board members and one lead admin.

If it's obvious he's trying for 3 more kills and die trying to defuse rather than going for the defuse...and this happens round after round, ban him. I've already warned him this is a team-based server.

Again, switch him or boot him.....skip the drama. That's what I do.

Just slay him. Instantly, without fuss. And make sure to do it every single time that he does it.

BTW, he's mostly been playing T since Friday night.

http://gc.hlstatsx.com/?mode=players&g...;sortorder=desc

i'll beacon slap and slay him the next time i see him camping exit spots with a ticking bomb, but i just can't flat out ban him because i think there's still hope (ref: "seems to be getting better). he also plays a little bit on our servers, he doesn't cuss, doesn't cut people down, and has more good than bad.

(edited)

Just noticed your link. Looks like if you want to be number one on the stats all you have to do is join the ct side...hmmm. [Contemplates changing name to Zan-2]

Nvm..saw it was according to time played.

Edited by simkiller

Just noticed your link. Looks like if you want to be number one on the stats all you have to do is join the ct side...hmmm. [Contemplates changing name to Zan-2]
sj sorted it by time .... he was showing how much Zan has played compared to everyone else.
that's rank sorted by time played, not points etc.
aww man, I'm too slow :D

Since I know you're an admin, I'll take this post as how GC feels about the topic. It's all I needed to know, thx.

And just who are you referring to in your above post? When you talk about people it's polite to name names so people don't have to wonder who you're talking about. And if you respond to this, back it up with some proof of what you're talking about. Thanks! :smillie_smilling:

First off, please read my signature. :peace:

Secondly, just because I pontificate on a subject doesn't mean I'm speaking for the entire GC community. (I'll let you know when that happens).

Thirdly, I'm not here to name names. The point of my post was basically to say "Stop Pi$$in' & Moanin' about other players and just play already". This includes myself, I know I'm bad about harping on other folks.

Fourthly, I'm not digging thru logs/stats to get any proof. You must have me mixed up with someone else, because that dog don't hunt. Too lazy. I play enough to know who will join what team on what map. Which reminds me, I haven't seen you around all that much lately sim. (not a jab, just saying I haven't seen you much).

Fifthly, Lastly or whatever the H3ll you want to call it at this point, I find it rather enjoyable killing zan. If nothing else he has made my game playing much more enjoyable as of late. And BTW, I also will slap/slay/beacon him from time to time. Just to let him know he's being watched.

PS: :peace: GLHF/GG

zan has been much much better the last couple days; he actually rushes with the team when the entire team is calling for a rush; he got a mic and is now communicating; he joins the attacking team now and tries to accomplish the objective, he's actually fun to have as a teammate

this doesn't mean that the topic's issue is resolved (or anything that has been brought up about teamplay for that matter) until somebody representing GC can take a stand on this

sj: what is "qt"; quicktime???

Edited by Undies

First off, please read my signature. :peace:

Secondly, just because I pontificate on a subject doesn't mean I'm speaking for the entire GC community. (I'll let you know when that happens).

Thirdly, I'm not here to name names. The point of my post was basically to say "Stop Pi$$in' & Moanin' about other players and just play already". This includes myself, I know I'm bad about harping on other folks.

Fourthly, I'm not digging thru logs/stats to get any proof. You must have me mixed up with someone else, because that dog don't hunt. Too lazy. I play enough to know who will join what team on what map. Which reminds me, I haven't seen you around all that much lately sim. (not a jab, just saying I haven't seen you much).

Fifthly, Lastly or whatever the H3ll you want to call it at this point, I find it rather enjoyable killing zan. If nothing else he has made my game playing much more enjoyable as of late. And BTW, I also will slap/slay/beacon him from time to time. Just to let him know he's being watched.

PS: :peace: GLHF/GG

I'm so proud of lunk, he finally learned how to count :)

I tend to think that I'm smarter than F5, so I tab, analyze, and choose accordingly. Usually that means T, which my stats reflect. Occasionally, the T side is stacked (by ppl assuming that CT will be stacked?) and then I have to play CT :(

<--- has ADD

So I usually hate playing CT.

For me, when I join a map, there is no "easy side" or "hard side". I hit, what is it, F5, then F6 (or is that reversed) for auto-side, auto-skin. Learned a long time ago it's just better to get into that habit.

http://members.aol.com/nigthomas/q.html

just spam enter, its the same thing

Why allow people to choose which side to join? Some of the servers I pub on have auto-assign as the only option, and that just omits those stacking accusations altogether.

second

Edited by Undies

Why allow people to choose which side to join? Some of the servers I pub on have auto-assign as the only option, and that just omits those stacking accusations altogether.

I know in the past that has been suggested before. I believe the reason why it hasn't been put in place is because then it prevents people who actually try to balance the teams out from doing so. One suggestion I think would be useful is have an autobalance that actually does it every round rather than having to wait a round to do so. Plus from other servers I play on there are some that have ones that look at people's scores not just who last joined to switch.