Playing the easy side 99% of the time

simkiller

I have no idea who Zan is other than the fact that he almost always joins ct side for de_maps and terrorist side on cs_maps. He's like a zit I can't reach dead center on my back.

I wouldn't have even bothered to post about this but when I saw him type "do the objective ppl" while on ct side of cbble with the cts winning 5-1 it struck a cord. http://gc.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php?mode=pl...fo&player=5

Hopefully that takes you to his stats page. It currently shows him joining ct side 162 times and t side 38 times. Something tells me of the 38 t side joins 35 of them were on cs_maps. Just wondering if this is okay according to gc rules to join the easy side of things every map. If so...forget the post. If not could an admin slap him around? Thx for yer time.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the regulars press "Auto" when they join a map, but there are a few that always join the easy side, Zan included. It's the nature of the beast and I don't think this can be fixed, unless something is done with team selection screen.

When I admin, I make sure to spread the word about auto-ing and most acknowledge this.

Poor Zan, he's been grilled quite a bit lately. o0o

This guy seems to be getting way too much attention, I think we should vote to either get rid of him or stop talking about him. I understand everyones frustration, and if I played with him I am certain I would be tempted to hit the ban button. But either way, he is getting way too much publicity for playing like a chump.

there are alot of people that do the same thing......its a pub, thats what happens......he always camps the same spot...so you should know where hes at....as far as the stacking of the easy side......that happens alot, the same people that vote for aztec are the same ones the join CT......

to promote teamplay and completion of objectives, everytime zan is on CT and the bomb is planted and he does not make a valid attempt to defuse it, slay him; let him know that he's going to get +1 death either way, so he might as well go down fighting

Sounds like a reasonable plan

There has been a few people with snide remarks lately about how the other team is doing. like "there's an objective people" when they sit on the winning side. If an admin is on- they should force them to the other team for a bit.

Today on nuke doy made a rude jab (you suck) at me while I was on his CT team that I did not get the bomb diffused, but Skeksis was doing a good job distracting me so I'd move so I'd not die while diffusing. I switched to T and kept doy from diffusing not long after to prove the point.

But playing the easy side is one thing- rubbing it in the faces of those that auto'd is just down right rude.

Bel

Edited by Belphagor

there are alot of people that do the same thing......its a pub, thats what happens......he always camps the same spot...so you should know where hes at....as far as the stacking of the easy side......that happens alot, the same people that vote for aztec are the same ones the join CT......

lies... i voted for aztec to 1 gets ppl in the server 2. i enjoy playing t on this map for its a challenge and better than dust. 3. good map to get your team organized and rush together just means you need team play from everyone on your team (hence promotes gc in motto teamwork)

i think a temp ban would maybe set him straight

(edited)

If this is the Zan I remember, nothing will set him straight. This guy has been griefing GC way back when it was still Mmmm.

Edited by dwEEziL

If this is the Zan I remember, nothing will set him straight. This guy has been griefing GC way back when it was still Mmmm.

well mo's talk that he said set him straight didn't work. another question that comes to mind, Is this the guy who set the record for the longest time on the server at 20+ hrs?? I think it is but i can't remember anymore.

well mo's talk that he said set him straight didn't work. another question that comes to mind, Is this the guy who set the record for the longest time on the server at 20+ hrs?? I think it is but i can't remember anymore.

I knew that name looked familiar...

All i have to say is that when the bomb is planted, Zan will sometimes still camp, as the last CT. He will not always try to go for the bomb, but rather choose to walk the full length of the map just looking for a fleeing T from the bombsite. He always sits in the same spots, which I'm not complaining about because he's usually CT and camping is the name of the game on de maps for CT. But when it comes to him attempting to defuse a bomb, its usually a pathetic joke. Odds of him even getting in the bombsite before it blows is slim to none, because he'll still be sitting somewhere silently. Slay him, kick him for not following the objective, do something when you see him not even trying to go for the bomb. Someone has to get it through his head that camping as the last CT will get him nothing.

Edited by samurai nightling

Most of the regulars press "Auto" when they join a map, but there are a few that always join the easy side, Zan included. It's the nature of the beast and I don't think this can be fixed, unless something is done with team selection screen.

When I admin, I make sure to spread the word about auto-ing and most acknowledge this.

Poor Zan, he's been grilled quite a bit lately. o0o

Grab him and force him to play the other side :P

This guy seems to be getting way too much attention, I think we should vote to either get rid of him or stop talking about him. I understand everyones frustration, and if I played with him I am certain I would be tempted to hit the ban button. But either way, he is getting way too much publicity for playing like a chump.

You think its bad in here go in the server. He has coined the phrase "you have ben zanned" I wish everyone would ignore and not encourage it. Wrong message to send to noobs. Hes friendly tho.

You think its bad in here go in the server. He has coined the phrase "you have ben zanned" I wish everyone would ignore and not encourage it. Wrong message to send to noobs. Hes friendly tho.

didnt you get zanned a few times :wavey:

the number of crybabies has exponentially increased over the past few days. have fun, ladies.

AGREED.

Also, I've got to LOL that someone is pointing fingers at zan when there are MANY others who pull the same crap, joining easy side, (hey you opened the can of worms with the topic). I've seen the same stuff from a few in this thread. I've also seen MANY and a few in this thread stack up sides on a map. Then push it to 5-0 or 6-0 then finally decide to switch and help. At that point it's a waste as far as I'm concerned. Because the score shouldn't have gotten so lopsided to begin with.

How bout you stop Pi$$in' & Moanin' about one guy and start payin' closer attention to how you yourself play.