Need some Staff in Cleveland on May 24

Fatty

I'm gathering a group of guys to work as staff at a Halo 3 tournament (basically adult supervision), as well as recruiting any other players interested in Halo 3.

Here's the blurb from our guy:

I'm sponsoring equipment for a Halo 3 tournament to take place on May 24th at Tower City. The two guys organizing the event are a couple of high-school students from University school. I promised some adult supervision and extra help at the event in case a tinkleed off parent of a losing participant got in their faces or anything like that. Unfortunately, I will be out of town that weekend but Jim (who you met at the card game) will be there to keep an eye on our stuff and to help with setup. Would you or anyone else at GC be interested in volunteering? Also, are there any Halo 3 players that could participate?

If not at this tournament, maybe the next one. We are working on a Halo 3 and Rockband tournament at Cleveland's Ingenuity Festival in July (www.ingenuitycleveland.com).

You'd get a GC T-Shirt with STAFF on the back, as well as lunch at the event(s) if you work as staff with us.

Right now, it's me for sure and Bub possibly. The May date is two days prior to Memorial Day, fyi.

I'd be down if airfare was included (and I wasn't already in the UK that week). :(

The two guys organizing the event are a couple of high-school students from University school.

Wait what?

meaning their high schoolers taking college level courses but still haven't graduated....i use to be one of those people

(edited)

i opened myself up for that one, no doubt.

back on topic, it may hard to get help on memorial day weekend cause i'm sure alot of people have prior engagements like myself

Edited by Demoner

(edited)
I'd be down if airfare was included (and I wasn't already in the UK that week). :(

The two guys organizing the event are a couple of high-school students from University school.

Wait what?

It's the name of a prep high school in the Cleveland Area...

boo preppers!

(Yes I know I go to a prep high school too, but my high school has a huge rivalry with US and for some reason they're called the preppers)

Edited by Allanon

Hey, it's aldan here. *listens to a smattering of "Who's that?!?" and "What's an aldan??" responses* Fatty, since I'm in Akron, and it's on a Saturday, I could do it IF I could get a ride out there. It's a LONG bike trip. I believe that I qualify as an adult, or something... since I've just about hit another of the milestone birthday thingys. So, if you need help, let me know, okay? It's easiest to get in touch with me via my hotmail email acct, but you could also put it on here.

Fatty, sorry for the long response time! I think I will be able to help out with no trouble--what's the start and end times? You can PM me and I'll give you my phone number so that you can give me all the details if you like. :)

Details girl friend! :)

I could possibly maybe be available for this "shin dig" as the kids call it. Free food and Halo...prepare for my insane(ly bad) Halo skills. :)

Edited by Sgt. Slaughterâ„¢-TopBrass

"just about an adult?"

what's that mean?

Probably an adult in age but not always in maturity level?

/me shrugs

i was thinking that means his birthday is coming up so he is or will soon be 18 shortly after the time of the event.

• 2 weeks later...