Yankee Stadium

san`

Just wondering if anybody planned on making the pilgrimage to Yankee Stadium this year. I made it to the May 1st game vs. the Tigers.

The energy in that place is incredible. As soon as you walk in you can practically feel the history.

I'd have to say that that game was the best sporting even I've ever been to, bar none.

If you're a Yankee fan, or just a baseball fan in general I suggest seeing a game there. Also, make sure you get there early enough to see Monument Park.

its no metrodome. am I right or am I right, bewildered?

lol, I saw a Vikings game in the metrodome one time, and minus the baseball conversion features, it's a near-replica of the RCA Dome here that is being demolished next month. Can't say I'll miss it :)

I'm actually heading to a Brewer's game today. :) I've been to see metrodome and definitely not a baseball stadium especially if the ball is hit high you lose it in the air because of the white dome. I've been to county stadium and it wasn't nearly as impressive as Miller park.

I was in NYC last week and saw them play the orioles on thursday. Walk off win in the ninth, plus got to see the manager throw a fit. The stadium looks neat, but the concourses suck as well as the bathrooms and concessions. Taking the train all the way from queens to the stadium doorstep for 2 bucks was pretty slick.

GC Alumni

I never said I liked the stadium, farmer, lol. The stadium sucked, small seats, bad food, nasty bathrooms, and on top of all of that it was raining and we were sitting directly below the second deck so we got rain and drips. The coolest part was the atmosphere, feeling the history, and of course seeing the Tigers sweep in NY :)

GC Alumni

Me either, but I've been a fan of basebally my entire life and HAD to see it before it got torn down. I feel like I need to see Fenway and Wrigley too. Other than that, sure I'd like to see a game in every major league city, just in no hurry for the rest...

• 1 month later...

I'm there with mohawk. I've lived in nyc for 3 years BUT I don't ever plan on seeing the Yanks. I've hated them my whole life, and I've heard too many horror stories about their fans. Other than Philly Eagles fans, they might be the worst in sports.

I am a Braves fan, and I usually go see them play at Shea when they face the Mets. The Mets fans are pretty nice, except for the super drunk ones and I usually can come out of there saying, at least we (braves) won.

• 11 months later...

Bumping this thread a bit :)

Anyone else been to the new Yankee Stadium?

During the summer I go to Yankee games a lot since the Rangers (NHL) aren't playing :P I loved the old stadium, but have to admit that the new one is pretty impressive!

lol, do you know that they had to lower all prices. If you had one of those fancy seats, as compensation they gave you another one haha

I sit higher up, I like seeing the whole field :>

I have been to Wrigely Field and while it has "history and tradition" it is really an awful ballpark. Seats are crappy and uncomfortable, restrooms terrible, and half of the fans don't even pay attention to the game. It is a fun place to go and drink though :D and at least it is in a decent part of Chicago.

Edited by Jibbajabba