1000 watt OCZ PS $99

Preacher

think i have a 350... lol or a 400.. i haven't upgraded for a while.. but it works!

don't know whats up with you guys and upgrading so much you made of money? my system is old.. and it runs like a champ!

think i have a 350... lol or a 400.. i haven't upgraded for a while.. but it works!

don't know whats up with you guys and upgrading so much you made of money? my system is old.. and it runs like a champ!

No but they probably sell a lot of their old parts to fund new ones...

He might have been talking to Bushwack because he said, "Who has a 1000 watt PSU?", and Cujo said he did. Maybe you think all of Cujo's posts are directed at you. :D

thx voodoo. you get me.

imagine the power bill with that sucker running 24/7.

I've actually picked up a new hobby. It's called underclocking. Right now I have my C2d setup running on a 665Mhz bus. Before I was running around 900Mhz I think. It really cooled down the system quite a bit and I can still play COD4. I've also taken up switching my power strip off when I leave the room.

just because the psu is rated to 1000w doesn't mean it actually uses 1000w all the time. i'm surprised how many people don't realize this. in reality my system is consuming about 321w when sitting writing this msg and has peaked at 501w in the last couple weeks since i started monitoring.

yea I know its not a constant power... Its more than likely the maximum it can do for a very brief amount of time. But with that PSU you are capable of pulling much more constant power than a 500 watter. Also, I would even bet that if you put that psu in my existing system it would use more watts than my 500 watter.

The PS shouldn't use any more power than the one you are using now. The difference is the max it can use if the load presents itself. My power usage is less than 400 almost all the time but it has spiked a time or two to almost 600. I personally have a 750 and am glad that it is above what I will need with this system.

yea I know its not a constant power... Its more than likely the maximum it can do for a very brief amount of time. But with that PSU you are capable of pulling much more constant power than a 500 watter. Also, I would even bet that if you put that psu in my existing system it would use more watts than my 500 watter.

actually, i'd guess it would use less as it's probably more efficient.