Official Request for the Auto-Snipe on Retro

7otenkopf

Ok - so there is a scopeless server now, and from what I can see in some of the posts and from talking to people on the server people seem to want the Auto Sniper unrestricted. The auto is definately not as powerful as the AWP, and I cant think of any reason it is restricted other than no one ever requesting it be unrestricted when scopeless came back up. I dont really like the gun that much, but I still think it's a fun option when you're loaded with cash, and I dont see why removing a lesser gun than the awp somehow makes things fair. I dont know who makes the changes to the server, but if we have enough support (people please post if you agree/disagree) could you please consider unrestricting the Auto-Sniper on Retro. Thanks

Edited by 7otenkopf

I think everything should be opened up, no restrictions.

i don't want to be facing 5 awps...i die fast enough already

Good point. Maybe if we dropped all sniper restrictions and got rid of P90's, scopeless would actually have players. Retro would fill up anyway. For a while, I couldn't get in last nite ... and I'm a member. I'm not sure if you could sell it though ... its been brought up so many times.

*Edit* to be clear though, I'm in favor of adding autos, which I think is the topic of this thread.

Edited by Bewildered

I remember the restrictions being put in place to placate those who used to live on the Scopeless server. The scopeless server is back so I do not see a reason to keep the restrictions. It would be great to play again like the old days with autosnipes. Maybe Shodan will come back since he was the autosnipe masta!

I think we can keep the 2 awp limit, with unlimited autos. They cost enough to keep the numbers down, and most people don't know how to use them anyway so its usually pretty easy to kill autosnipers.

Any admin can allow autosnipers on a map by map basis.

Shaftiel

Edited by shaftiel

I think we can keep the 2 awp limit, with unlimited autos. They cost enough to keep the numbers down, and most people don't know how to use them anyway so its usually pretty easy to kill autosnipers.

Shaftiel

What's the point of the empty scopeless server then? Maybe the slots could be used for the Retro server. I'm just old school and dislike the restrictions (but still happy to be unbanned. : -) *hugs and kisses* )

Having a cap on the number of AWPs adds another layer of strategy to the game. That coupled with unrestricted autosnipers should allow for enough flexibility that everyone can have fun. I don't see the need for more than 2 AWPs per side, as AWPs can become the game, instead of supporting the game.

Shaftiel

this might sound a little backwards, but coming from me, you should be used to it by now:

what about fully unrestricted sunday-thursday, 2 awp limit friday and saturday (no auto-sniper restriction ever).

discuss among yourselves.

(edited)

even though I won't be on for 3+ months...

I think we need to go stock and play the game how it was intended.. if you want scopeless we have "that other server"..

I see no reason autos are banned in the first place.. furthermore, if you keep it to 2 awps per team, then it should be 2 p90s per team.

..Or is holding m1 down for 20 seconds while running with your eyes closed more fun (skillful) then sniping?..heh

the arguement against > 2 awps has always been that it minimizes team play.. creates a game within the game.. aka people camping and picking people off.. but with approx. 90% of the server being regs and members, and admins enforcing that rule.. I don't see how it's not an even sided arguement between awp women who make a living on the street vs trigger happy smg'ers

*edit - as much as i hate you p90'ers.. i'd hate to see you go to scopeless and play with bots.. i'm good with a compromise similar to sj's suggestion

Edited by mohawk

Shaftiel

i think he means server wide, where the settings persist from map to map

or if you want, you can watch shaft become increasingly frustrated as he tries to guess the command to enable auto-snipers on deagle5, but refusing to alt-tab to look up the command :)

Since we're all older and semi-responsible (jay walkers excluded), it would work. However, we all know the server population won't follow the logic of this thread.

The whining would be up exponentially. Hell, when's the last time you DIDN'T send a dig back to an auto-noob? It will disrupt the server, no doubt.

Equally though, that's why we have admins.

I'm for it.

I think the 2 awp limit is working well, although I have been frustrated by that restriction myself, if it's not in place then the winning team has way too much of an advantage with the standard money rates. It's the reason I kinda want the auto sniper back, because with a 2 awp limit there is no other sniping option other than the scout which will totally messes up your awping rhythm. Atleast with an auto, you can blow the moeny you would have spent on an awp, and maybe kill some people with P90's until you get awped :D

On a side note.. wouldnt it be nice if they fixed the awp? By "fix" I mean increase the re-load time, zoom time, or make you inaccurate while you're taking damage. The awp is one of those guns that takes using any of the other guns out of the game because it so effective and powerful. I finally got to the point when I decided to start using it because if you dont, you cant really kill awpers on a regular basis...

I'm all for unrestricting the auto-sniper. at the very least it would give everyone another sniping option for when you can't buy an awp with the restriction, and they're expensive enough that they'd probably be used pretty rarely.It could always be restricted too, like 2 autos and 2 awps per team.

I remember the restrictions being put in place to placate those who used to live on the Scopeless server. The scopeless server is back so I do not see a reason to keep the restrictions. It would be great to play again like the old days with autosnipes. Maybe Shodan will come back since he was the autosnipe masta!

Ugh...why would you wish for such a thing?