ZPS Server Settings Thread

stutters

clueless should have a pretty exciting announcement in the near future, but can you guys help us figure out what settings you'd prefer?

- map rotation?

- time limits?

server.cfg

// General things

mp_flashlight 1

mp_footsteps 1

mp_friendlyfire 0

mp_timelimit 30

sv_contact "your@email.address"

decalfrequency 60

mp_decals 100

sv_cheats 0

sv_maxupdaterate 120

sv_maxcmdrate 120

sv_maxrate 0

sv_minrate 15000

sv_timeout 120

sv_allowupload 1

sv_allowdownload 1

// Make sure the right people are banned

exec banned_user.cfg

writeid

//files

mapcyclefile mapcycle.txt

// disable lag compensation

//sv_unlag 1

heartbeat

// important settings inserted by NFo

sv_stats 0

sv_region 0

fps_max 0

sv_password ""

log 1

tv_enable 0

mapcycle:

zpo_biotec

zpo_subway

zpo_deadblock

zpo_tanker

zps_asylum

zps_cinema

zps_deadblock

zps_deadend

zps_haunted

zps_industry

zps_nightmare

zps_policestation

zps_silence

zps_subway

zps_town

noticed the map names having "ZPO" and "ZPS"

this.

Yeah ZPO are the objective ones, ZPS are last man standing. So imo like 2 to 1 ratio. Run 2 objective based maps then 1 last man standing. Rinse repeat. I personallly much prefer objective but i dont mind lms in less quantity.

I played on a server last night that had a few basic admin mods like timeleft and such. IDK if there is more admin stuff or not. RLY EXCITED ABOUT DIS GAME.

I say

zpo_biotec

zpo_subway

zpo_deadblock

zpo_tanker

random zps

zpo_biotec

zpo_subway

zpo_deadblock

zpo_tanker

random zps

zpo_biotec

zpo_subway

zpo_deadblock

zpo_tanker

random zps

etc.

Survival maps SUCK

Also, M2 lasted 2.5 rounds on a survival map before he got fed up with people not running directly into his sights and claimed the game sucked. Give it a chance people, especially don't play 2 rounds of a survival map and base anything off that.

Eventually you'll learn where to aim your sights so you get headshots with ease M2...or you could learn how to get them in new environments... :shrug03: just a suggestion :D

I haven't been able to play ZP yet, but I definitely agree that objective-based maps are more conducive to the GC community spirit and will call for more teamwork. Not to mention it sounds more fun.

Anonymo is officially the GC "expert" for this game until more folks have the time under their belts. If he's for that rotation, then I'll throw a vote that way too.

Is Mo going to be playing this? Cause if I come out of retierment to play this I need someone to play against

that will get mad when I HS them.

Well Way if your coming out of retirement then I will too. I'm going to down load it tonight. It looks like fun!

GC Alumni
I say

zpo_biotec

zpo_subway

zpo_deadblock

zpo_tanker

random zps

zpo_biotec

zpo_subway

zpo_deadblock

zpo_tanker

random zps

zpo_biotec

zpo_subway

zpo_deadblock

zpo_tanker

random zps

etc.

there are more zps than zpo maps, and you can't have the same map listed more than once in the mapcycle file. i'll put the zpo maps back to back with a zps inbetween, but do you guys have any preference on which zps map you want?

here's what i picked at random:

zps_haunted

zpo_biotec

zpo_subway

zps_policestation

zpo_deadblock

zpo_tanker

zps_deadblock

there are more zps than zpo maps, and you can't have the same map listed more than once in the mapcycle file. i'll put the zpo maps back to back with a zps inbetween, but do you guys have any preference on which zps map you want?

here's what i picked at random:

zps_haunted

zpo_biotec

zpo_subway

zps_policestation

zpo_deadblock

zpo_tanker

zps_deadblock

I hear ya, not sure which are the "good" survival maps yet so that should be fine for now, we can vote at the end of a string of obj. maps

Any way we can change it so we dont play the same map 5 times in a row? I was on the server and it was heading into number 5 (and I joined as said map was already being played) and was bored enough to leave. Just curious...

I forget which map it was :( But there was snow and the sound was horrible when you walked on it :)

Edited by DarkArchon