in NEED OF a CAR

Guest RedMagic

Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guests

Hey yall i got my license about 1 and a half weeks ago. Now im looking for a new Car probably going to look at SUV's even though they eat gas like a fat man eating Cheeseburgers (no offence by that) Wat u prefer for the millage and low cost since i am only 16 1/2 and in process of getting a job.... looking for around $6K car, obviously used car list below thanks...

Get an old Honda Prelude or Accord. You can treat it like an SUV and it won't kick you every time you try to put gas in it. The Accords are surprisingly good in the snow with decent tires. And when you resell it in a couple of years you'll get a lot of your money back. Insurance is also going to be reasonable for you.

Of course, if you said 60000 and not 6000 then disregard that suggestion and get an M3!

:D

Chief

For that price...and in your position in life (it wasnt long ago that I was there).

I would suggest a Japanese family driven vehicle (4Runner or Pathfinder?)or a very simple American vehicle (suburban, blazer, etc.) that you will be able to learn how to work on. The point is try to find something that won't cost you too much down the road aways, since you probably dont have the money to buy a new car every year! Honestly a Toyota or Nissan will be your best bets for reliability.

My first vehicle 89' Toyota 4Runner with a manual tranny. Drove it to 115K mi. and sold it. I would bet anything that it is still running today, I never should have sold it. If you can find a manual tranny...they are easier and cheaper to fix than an automatic.

GL...let us know how your hunt is going!

Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guests

Auto drive sounds better for me.....my sister needs the car in the summer and she aint the sharpest tool so got to go with auto and i like being able to drive without worrying to switch gears

Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guests
looking for around $6K car, obviously used car list below thanks...

well swoops i stated the meaning of "new" in my original post :P:lol:<_<:angry:8P):=

• 3 weeks later...

hey, im in the same same situation as magic there....anyone know any good sites i can look for used cars? im looking into older model firebird, less than $10,000. my parents are willing to help me out here, and i have 1,000 from last job saved. I just started new job at the movie theater :rolleyes: , so help me out with some suggestions, or post up some links to good sites, ps- i live in chicago, so nothing on the other side of the country.