Winter sucks

Preacher

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the higher you go up, the colder it gets. there's this thing called the snow line, too, which is generally related to an elevation.

btw, have you heard that the twin cities are officially moving towards the nickname "twincy?" seriously. http://is.gd/clKb

I get that the elevation would effect the temp or precipitation. What I dont get is that on the same forcast they would be reporting different elevations... why some days are they reporting conditions at the valley floor and some days at 1000 or 2000 ft? I mean without reporting the other on that day...

Twincy is very dumb and no one would use it. So Im not worried.

Why do some have floor and some have elevations? Wouldn't it make sense to forcast for all the same?

The Vally floor as in sea level... and 1000Ft as in 1000ft?

We often don't get the level down to the "floor" level... i dunno.

WOW! today so far we have got about 7 or so inches...

Yesterday i drove to work... roads where fine... mid day almost all the snow melted.. and this is a picture of about 5 mins ago... mind you this doesn't happen very often..

snow2wy9.jpg

It's supposed to keep on keepin on for a while and later tonight FREEZING rain.. =x

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

-36 F when I got up this morning. A co-worker and good friend we are both from Michigan his first comment to me this morning was "And we chose to move up here". Atleast the sun is out and it's not to windy.

-36 F when I got up this morning. A co-worker and good friend we are both from Michigan his first comment to me this morning was "And we chose to move up here". Atleast the sun is out and it's not to windy.

Last night was -30C (with windchill -41C). That's -22F feeling like -42F with wind. Tomorrow is supposed to be -33C.

I feel your pain.

Last night was -30C (with windchill -41C). That's -22F feeling like -42F with wind. Tomorrow is supposed to be -33C.

I feel your pain.

It's cold. It's "my nostrils are freezing shut when I breath in" cold.

Why do we live in this country?

I feel your pain.

It's cold. It's "my nostrils are freezing shut when I breath in" cold.

Why do we live in this country?

Health care. :)

Oh gawd, I hate the winter. I still remember winters in Minot, ND with wind chills well over 100 below. Bleah. Hauled my donkey outta bed this morning at 4:30a to beat the traffic. Yesterday the cold turned my regular 25 minute drive to work into 2 hours.

I feel your pain.

So Lake Superior doesn't warm Thunder Bay up? Being that your on the west coast of it prolly not. In the LP in Mi we refered to Lake Michigan as the great big heater.

It's -22 right now but I can actually feel the warmth in the air when I go out and have a smoke.

So Lake Superior doesn't warm Thunder Bay up? Being that your on the west coast of it prolly not. In the LP in Mi we refered to Lake Michigan as the great big heater.

It's -22 right now but I can actually feel the warmth in the air when I go out and have a smoke.

No, it doesnt really. We're over 1/2 way towards the north peak of the lake, but not much of a warming effect. That and we're not really on the lake itself - the bay is huge. It cools it nicely in the summer though, and often brings a wind.

No, it doesnt really. We're over 1/2 way towards the north peak of the lake, but not much of a warming effect. That and we're not really on the lake itself - the bay is huge. It cools it nicely in the summer though, and often brings a wind.

So it helps out for 3 days of the year?