maverick - how's your zune?

stutters

Good thing I read through that link lol. My Zune 30 (gf got it for me) froze and I was about ready to throw a fit. Finally got it to work (weird software issue, kept freezing my entire computer when I had it plugged in) and then it froze. Either way, hopefully it fixes itself like the people say it should.

Squinty >.<

I have a feeling it's my fault. Got to work yesterday at 6 am, turned it on and had it freeze. Granted, since I was at work I didn't have the time to check to see if others were having this issue.

That's when I figured I'd just let it die and hope it'll start up the next time. When that didn't work I got a bit angry and threw it down on my desk. Now, when I power it up I can hear the hard drive being accessed and clicking, then nothing. After attempting the "fix" on zune.net (holding back and up), I got "Screen 5". Shut off, went through those steps, got "Screen 3".

It then said to plug in to my computer and reinstall the device firmware. When plugged in it won't install it due to lack of space, even though it was supposedly erased in the process.

The kicker, it's out of warranty, so I guess I can take it apart and maybe find a lose connection or something.

Yeah, would be interesting to crack it open and see what you have inside. Might be able to do some sweet mods or something.

One thing worth trying is freezing it. Some people believe in it some people don't but I had it work for my multiple times. If you freeze a bad hard drive sometimes you can access them for a short period of time. Might be able to confirm if it is just a drive issue. Of course, I have no idea how that unit would respond to freezing temperatures.