Ice_Berge stepping down

Ice_Berge_00

GC Alumni
(edited)

Hey Guys,

I've been thinking about this for quite awhile. I have really enjoyed my time here with GC and especially with hosting Saturday Night Customs. It's hard to believe that nearly 5 years have passed since I start playing CS in the GC community and 4 years since I became a member. A lot has happened in that time, I went from being a member, to an admin, to Lead Admin of the Dallas server for a time. Then Project Mayhem, and eventually becoming a host for Saturday Night Customs. Later a lead admin on to the Stock CSS server when Mayhem closed and now the new Scopeless server. I have also hosted several Open Scope Slaughters and other events.

Unfortunately I'm not able to put as much time into the game, the server or helping the community as I used to. This includes Mapnight where I have not been able to spend the time I used to finding and checking out new maps for us to play each weekend. Also work, life and other games have begun taking more and more time. These combined with other reasons have led me to the decision to step down as an admin in the GC servers and to pass on Saturday Night Customs to another.

This was a bit of a tough decision for me to make, but I feel the time has come for me to move on. I will still be dropping by occasionally to play CSS though.

Fortunately Saturday Night Customs will be continuing on. Shaftiel is taking over mapnight and will be keeping things going with new maps! I hope you guys can give him the support you have given me over the years and continue to help make Mapnight a great time for everyone. I sure he'll do a great job.

My GC membership is at the end of the yearly renewal so I plan to just step down to a guest. I'll still drop by occasionally and be on the forums from time to time, but with less frequency.

I'd like to say Thank You to everyone that has helped me over the years and that it has been a blast. So many people have helped that I couldn't name everyone, but I would especially like to thank M2, Shep, Shazz, Clueless, Mookie, Anonymo, Stutters, Mr. Duke and Fatty. You guys have always helped me when I needed it and been a great part of this community.

I hope you all have enjoyed my being a part of GC as much as I enjoyed being a part of it.

Best Regards,

IceBerge (Kris)

Edited by stutters
included M2 and his emotional baggage.

I understand where you are coming from, finding the time can be tough when life gets busy, I haven't played in a while either. I hope things are going good for you and continue to get even better, you have been a great asset to this community and you will be missed and always welcome in whatever capacity your life allows. Thank you very much for all of your hard work, hope to see you around again.

Take care Kris,

-Tom

a simple thanks feels way, way short, but not sure what else to say. thanks.

keep us posted on life, and if there's anything we can use the gc dedicated server to make the other games you're playing a little more gc-style, don't hesitate...

thanks. a ton.

- matt

We understand. Life gets busy and this place, ironically, can be damaging to a relationship, a job or your education. I respect the fact you can recognize areas in life that are more important than others and have the drive to prioritize matters.

You just make sure you pop in on occasion and give us a 'hello' or a heads up!

I wish you the best Kris!!

Brian

I haven't been playing for a while now (life interfering with play time as well, and some great couch games on the 360), but Berge thanks hugely for some very memorable and great Saturday night customs sessions.

I plan on coming back to the game at some point, so hope to catch up with you online then..

Lev.

Thanks guys, I'll definitely drop by from time to time. Just the time came that I couldn't be supporting Mapnights and the community regularly and felt the time was right for me to step aside.

That said, I have plenty of reasons to still swing by occasionally and pull off a few headshots B) .

Sorry to see you go ice. I appreciate all the time you'd put in on SNC's and helping me out with my early mapping.

On a personal note, SHAFT?, i mean c'mon, there had to be a better choice :)

de_Zan OK, thats taken care of ....

Shaftiel

• 3 weeks later...