Windows 7 Beta

Lunk

running the latest beta creative drivers with no problems thus far.

btw, rc1 is out on torrent sites. i've been running it since friday. it's freakin amazing. cept for this issue with rdp where it vid card bsod's every damn time.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not been able to even use Windows 7 at all, in fact, I have given up on it completely. I only ran it a few times, then it started freezing, had trouble shutting down, and now, it won't even start and cannot be repaired via the Windows disc....I dunno, wasn't meant to be I guess...at least for me.

I got the ISO's for the RC from MSDN today. I have yet to do anything with them.

Apparently I can upgrade from the Windows 7 Beta to the RC or at least that is what one of the guys at work told me he did.

i did the upgrade from within windows without issues. just had to re-install my sound and vid drivers.

It did that to me too, after about 2 weeks locked up on me then just wouldn't even boot up. Seeing how it was on a drive by itself, I just reinstalled it and it has been running great ever since. I did get some kind of update a few weeks back. My sound gets a little weird at times, once in a while it will sound like the speakers a blown for a little bit. Sometimes like 10 seconds other times longer but then it goes away and its fine.

I'm using the Creative Audigy 4 sound card and I haven't really looked into making sure I have the proper drivers as of late so I guess I'll have to do that. Other than that its been running fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a small issue with my video. I have the duel display set-up without an issue and it functions great in every way but one. I cannot disable the secondary display. When I select "Disable Display" it doesn't do anything

I'm using the ATI 4800 series driver that is newest with the full cat crap.

Anyone have a suggestion?

I'm having a small issue with my video. I have the duel display set-up without an issue and it functions great in every way but one. I cannot disable the secondary display. When I select "Disable Display" it doesn't do anything

I'm using the ATI 4800 series driver that is newest with the full cat crap.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Try doing it within the ATI control panel to see if it works there.

(edited)

Found a way to do it in control panel but Catalyst control is non functional for disabling the display for some reason.

Now that it is disabled in the display settings in windows no option is available through catalyst to extend desktop any longer.

I guess Windows 7 has the ability to override ATI.

Edited by Preacher

It seems that some of the same issues that started out in the beta have transfered over to the RC. We'll see what comes of it, I'm using Vista drivers for now when I need.