Console said I have been banned...

simkiller

Hi I'm new here. My friend Swoop refered me to this site so I decided to join one of your servers. It was called [Mmmm]tropolis. When I tried to connect to it, it said something to the fact of "You don't have a reserved slot." So I just figured I could just keep typing "retry" in the console till an open spot opened. I did this about 5 times till I saw a message that said, "You have been banned from this sever." My wonid is 2427070. I have yet to play here and would really like to get the chance too. Please look into this and see what you can do. Thanks.

~simkiller

P.S. Maybe you should get rid of whatever program you have that automagically bans people when they try to get on the server.... Just a suggestion.

Brandon, that is just a temp ban I believe. It keeps you from doing just that, continually hitting retry. After a couple retries you should get a warning saying next time you will be banned for one minute. Just wait about four or five seconds between connection attempts and you'll be fine.

Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guests

atleast its not a head with a big M on it fatty

Guest InSaNiTy
Guest InSaNiTy
Guest InSaNiTy
Guests
atleast its not a head with a big M on it fatty

good point :=

Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guests
mag>lunk

DO NOT WORRY BULLET DID NOT EDIT THIS IT WAS REALLY MY POST!

buKKet>lunk>mag>community

The guy in the Tigger outfit scares me more than the little green monster with simkiller branded into his head.  :lol:

Lunk>Mag

Lol, that guy in the tigger outfit, is one of our clanmates (White Knight) who lives down in Florida. I believe that picture was taken at their Lan down in Florida that many of our old server friends and clanmates had.

negative, i have hlsw and it lets me connect despite the reserve slots, other servers with reserve slots won't let me connect until a pub slot opens up so if the server allows 18, and has 3 reserve slots, it will let me in when it hits 15/18. It won't do that with this server.

Da' Pup

negative, i have hlsw and it lets me connect despite the reserve slots, other servers with reserve slots won't let me connect until a pub slot opens up so if the server allows 18, and has 3 reserve slots, it will let me in when it hits 15/18.  It won't do that with this server.

Da' Pup

That's strange. For me a box pops up in HLSW if only reserved slots are left. Since I have a reserve, I can click it and just go right in. Dunno what it does if you just wait tho. Wonder if that is a bug and the box just doesn't pop up all the time??

I use HLSW as well and in the times I have tried to connect to tropolis, only occassionally do I get the "Waiting to connect" box. The majority of the time it starts up CS then gives me a "Dropped due to slot reservation" message.

Also, for tropolis, HLSW doesn't seem to always display the reserved slots properly, which I have assued was the problem.

The reserves on Trop disappear from HLSW if someone is using them. At least, that's how it should be working. So if there are 2 admins or reservists on, it shouldn't show as having any reserves. Or 1 if we have it set to only 1 reserve, which happens occasionally.

Hi chief

Trop is a pain to get into, it seems that when a reservist is in he doesnt necessarily take a reserve slot, he only takes one if there is over 18 pepole in the server. Therefore if 18 people are in there are still reserve slots open. Its a pain.

Hi chief

Trop is a pain to get into, it seems that when a reservist is in he doesnt necessarily take a reserve slot, he only takes one if there is over 18 pepole in the server. Therefore if 18 people are in there are still reserve slots open. Its a pain.

Here's how it works:

18/20 of ANYONE are playing, and it shows full.

Normal guy comes along, can't get in.

Reservist comes along, he gets in.

19/20 playing.

Normal guy no, reservist, yes.

Anyone drops, goes to 18.

Basically, the last two spots are reserved for, um, reservists.

The public client can only join when it's at 17 or less.

So, yes, what Zeabos said is correct.