I figured something out

JackieChan

GC Alumni
(edited)

Hunting Rifle + Being Good with it = Automatically Hacking

Last night in one game... ONE game, I get accused of hacking 3 different times (once I wasn't even using the hunting rifle!). 4 times that day. I've been accused probably 10+ times in the past two weeks.

Other people I play with are good, possibly even better than me and they've never been accused of hacking, but they don't use the hunting rifle. I'm the only one that I've seen out of everyone that plays on my friends list that uses it regularly in a Versus game. I don't know what my fascination with it is, maybe being able to pick off Smokers/Boomers/Hunters from across the level without them even knowing.

So from here on out, I'm going to actually demo each one of my turns as a Survivor, go back and record it via Fraps, then make a compilation video and show it to everyone here so they can judge for themselves.

...Does every noob who plays the game use speakers placed ten feet away from them? Yeesh, it's not that hard to pinpoint where other people are...

[/endrant]

Edited by JackieChan

So from here on out, I'm going to actually demo each one of my turns as a Survivor, go back and record it via Fraps, then make a compilation video and show it to everyone here so they can judge for themselves.

oh god no

Jackie is actually really good with the hunting rifle. I would use it more but when you get boomed, you want to clear out as many zombies in one shot as possible and the auto shotty is the gun for that. The Hunting Rifle is good at picking off Hunters from a distance away when they are camping up on roofs, etc.

GC Alumni
Were you accused on your server? Because if you were, I would say you WERE hacking. :spin2:

Mr. increasehuntingrifledamagepoints.

LOL.

I was purely testing to see if it worked or not because I went on a couple random servers a while ago where the clip capacity for all guns was an insane amount and such. Was such a stupid idea.

Also, I ran into some "realistic" mod for L4D which is a pretty heavily edited mod where it edits all the weapon scripts and such.

Last night in one game... ONE game, I get accused of hacking 3 different times (once I wasn't even using the hunting rifle!). 4 times that day. I've been accused probably 10+ times in the past two weeks.

Other people I play with are good, possibly even better than me and they've never been accused of hacking, but they don't use the hunting rifle. I'm the only one that I've seen out of everyone that plays on my friends list that uses it regularly in a Versus game. I don't know what my fascination with it is, maybe being able to pick off Smokers/Boomers/Hunters from across the level without them even knowing.

...Does every noob who plays the game use speakers placed ten feet away from them? Yeesh, it's not that hard to pinpoint where other people are...

[/endrant]

In that one game we played on No Mercy Level 2, the guys that accused you of hacking never mentioned the fact that I started spamming that wall with M4 bullets before you did because I heard the Boomer too. You shoot a couple rounds and hit the Boomer, they get all agitated. So...

Spam a wall and not hit the Boomer= okay

Spam a wall and hit the Boomer= hacker

:biglaugha:

[/endrant]

In that one game we played on No Mercy Level 2, the guys that accused you of hacking never mentioned the fact that I started spamming that wall with M4 bullets before you did because I heard the Boomer too. You shoot a couple rounds and hit the Boomer, they get all agitated. So...

Spam a wall and not hit the Boomer= okay

Spam a wall and hit the Boomer= hacker

:biglaugha:

Well, the Boomer is the easiest and hardest infected to play. You have a second delay on your attack when you first spawn which means you can get knocked back before you get it off and quickly boomed. You are also the noisiest of the infected and should only spawn in front of them and at the last possible second otherwise you will be picked off easily from a distance. Ideally you should wait for your team to distract them with hunter pounces or a smoker pull. It is also the easiest because all you need to do is stand there and puke on the survivors and a massive horde of zombies does all the work from that point on.

It is also the easiest because all you need to do is stand there and puke on the survivors and a massive horde of zombies does all the work from that point on.

I never thought I was missing anything by not playing this game until this statement.

[utube]bpBKX4UOjJs[/utube]

Oohhh, I'm on youtube (for about 5 seconds). :biglaugha:

Yeah, the end footage that Jackie posted was what I was talking about. He didn't show the part where I was shooting at the wall with my M4 because I heard the Boomer too, yet no one on the opposite team accused me of hacking. Jackie started shooting after I emptied my clip and managed to hit the Boomer, who was making a racket, and they started accusing him of using a map hack. My guess (and I'm sure everyone on our team guessed too) is that they were trying to set up to boom us as we went around the corner, but they waited too long. They made the same mistake upstairs too; the guy spawned too early, we heard him, and I think xpkoala killed him through the wall.

Jackie just plays L4D the way other people play CS; you know all the hiding spots in the map, you predict your enemies' movements, know how to handle your weapon, etc. ;) He also usually plays on a team of people he knows, so his team already has a level of trust that a randomized team doesn't, although I'm pretty sure he could do equally well on a random team too.

Still, 7:00 looks suspicious. I call major hacks on you! I have Valve on the phone right now... :biglaugha:

• 2 weeks later...

oh god no

I wish I had that much free time.

OH, and uhhh....JC hax. :smillie_smilling:

[utube]bpBKX4UOjJs[/utube]

You've simply acquired some of the the hitscan abilities of a good UT player, that's all.

PPL used to accuse some of us boys for hacking all the time.

I remember playing against GC guys years ago in UT2004 and being amazed that they could bail out of a raptor (basically a plane for you non-UT guys) and hit me with three weapons on the way down...

mad skills.

So congrats to you JC!

• 2 months later...
GC Alumni

Well... I have an interesting story...

Few buddies and I went to play a Versus game, so I join the lobby, then some random guy joins then asks if we were all friends. We say yes and then asks us if we want to play against some of his buddies. We accept so my impression of a nice, friendly game was going.

Two guys were buddies, and the other two were friends of the others on my team. First map goes well (Blood Harvest). Separation of only about 300 points. I have a plugin on my server were it enables alltalk at the end of each round and when it happens, everyone is having good sportsmanship saying, "gg" and whatnot.

Level 2 goes under way. We get tier 2 weapons right away so I grab, you guessed it, the Hunting Rifle.

The rest writes itself.

I was meleeing hunters out of the air, picking them off in the distance, what have you.

Once alltalk is enabled, the two people on the other team were getting furious. Yelling hacks, cheating, spawning pills for myself (when I picked them up at the beginning of the level). Then they rage at level 4.

My theory still stands: Hunting Rifle + Being Good with it = Automatically Hacking

• 4 months later...