What a slap to the face

JackieChan

GC Alumni
(edited)

I think Valve realized that L4D is a victim of it's own concept, so instead of trying to FIX the problems with the game, they say **** it and decide to announce a sequel?

What's worse is that they're releasing it 364 days after L4D came out! Not even an entire year. Sure, if you're optimistic and round up, sure, it's a year.

Trailer here:

http://betav2.gamersyde.com/stream_11137_en.html

Nice going Valve. Way to not get Episode 3 out for us.

Biggest disappointment to me is that there's no Francis.

Edited by JackieChan

(edited)
It's ingenious, because as l4d starts slowing down after a year, they know people are gonna buy this.

I know I'm not.

I'm surprised it wasn't a middle finger on the front of the box. "Screw you people who bought the first one!" :)

Edited by VooDooPC

GC Alumni
Valve needs to GTFO of the L4D dev. lab and GTFI to the Half Life 2 lab and finish this with something epic.

Oh, and Jackie, as you play more L4D than any other human, elaborate on how "broke" L4D is?...

I think this thread will explain things better than I can.

GC Alumni
(edited)
I think its a hoax!

Shaftiel

I sure hope so because this announcement makes me a little :( .

I wouldn't mind a sequel if it came 2 years after the first one, but this seems like a really rushed idea or a prank.

They already made it it's own forum on the Steam forums.

IGN has gameplay videos of it too.

Edited by JackieChan

GC Alumni

I dunno, I think the main reason I'm mad about this is that I don't want to abandon L4D1. It feels like the devs are abandoning it, and in turn the game's community will too. I don't want to move onto something new when the original still feels new.

I dunno, I think the main reason I'm mad about this is that I don't want to abandon L4D1. It feels like the devs are abandoning it, and in turn the game's community will too. I don't want to move onto something new when the original still feels new.

I completely agree...unless they intend to make this a seamless upgrade to the original game that fixes all the outlined bugs/glitches and at the same time adds a completely new game worth of content.

I think its a hoax!

Shaftiel

I sure hope so because this announcement makes me a little :( .

I wouldn't mind a sequel if it came 2 years after the first one, but this seems like a really rushed idea or a prank.

They already made it it's own forum on the Steam forums.

IGN has gameplay videos of it too.

Yeah, I watched the IGN videos before I posted. It just seems really unrealistic to me that they're going to have 5 new campaigns, new melee weapons, a new game mode, etc. done in a couple months. I'd prefer they wait a bit before making a new one. o0o

GC Alumni
Looks like Valve has been getting tips from the COD devs..

pump out those re-skins ASAP!

I think that's mainly what Treyarch is doing. Look at CoD3 and CoD5.

I like to think Infinity Ward is putting a lot more effort in their games.

I'm not gaming right now. I am taking a break for a few weeks so none of this really matters to me right now. I am annoyed though that "Alan Wake" is going to take another year and be a 360 exclusive. That pees me off a little since it is a game I would want to play on my PC.

I'm not gaming right now. I am taking a break for a few weeks so none of this really matters to me right now. I am annoyed though that "Alan Wake" is going to take another year and be a 360 exclusive. That pees me off a little since it is a game I would want to play on my PC.

Uh, ZD, Alan Wake is coming out for both Xbox 360 and PC. Don't worry, you'll still be able to play it :wiggle2:

(the new demo stuff looks awesome, btw - I'll be getting it for 360 if it continues to show and review this well)

GC Alumni

noob

(edited)

noob

l4dachievement5.png

:smiling2:

Edited by boiler

GC Alumni

noob

l4dachievement5.png

:smiling2:

I'm not voice spamming. Didn't know you could do that in a forum.

Silly boiler.