Tweaking on Counter-Strike

Guest Orbital

Guest [DLM]->MP_Stinger
Guest [DLM]->MP_Stinger
Guest [DLM]->MP_Stinger
Guests

Can you come to my house and do all this stuff cause i got no clue how do do this complex computer stuff, matb barto can cause he lives in my town.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sacr3dSymbolZ
Guest Sacr3dSymbolZ
Guest Sacr3dSymbolZ
Guests

grr to lazy to read all the info!!

Well after reading this and knowing im not to smart with all of this I decided to have Orbital take a look at my custom config. He added some stuff to it and now my cs rules! Orbital thanks man. Everyone have any questiong ask him he knows what he is talking about! Thanks!

Interesting ideas and good job. I was wondering

1] Turning off enhanced pointer precision is not an option for me. I do not have a mouse, but an optical trackball (using xp pro) and this equates with slow pointer response. Any better ideas?

2] Could you post default .cfg setting minus the binds....its been so long I cant remember.

3] Do you use a custom hud or is it a combanation, i refuse to beleive its a default?

Excellent info. I’ve been confused for a while with the cl_cmdrate/cl_updaterate/rate part of it. You made it very clear. Thank you. I am very interested in seeing your XP/2k tweaks. If you need help with HTML or a place to host it let me know.

For those of you having trouble updating to the latest Detonator drivers, the best thing to do is load the drivers from your original drivers CD (that came with the card). You should then be able to update to the latest drivers. This worked for my Visiontek and my Leadtek cards.

Guest [DLM]->MP_Stinger
Guest [DLM]->MP_Stinger
Guest [DLM]->MP_Stinger
Guests

Yeah this is a great way to help ur CS, i asked orbital to help me fix something and he did it for me and he is the best at fixing and hes nice too, so if you need help go to orbital.

Guest [c2d]a t 0 g!
Guest [c2d]a t 0 g!
Guest [c2d]a t 0 g!
Guests

nice job orbital.

^there ya go^

now on to the question:

when i do

bind "kp_slash" "buy; menuselect 8; menuselect 1; buy; menuselect 3; menuselect 2; buy; menuselect 3; menuselect 5; buy; menuselect 6; buy; menuselect 1; menuselect 6; buy; menuselect 1; menuselect 5; buy; menuselect 7; buy; menuselect 8; menuselect 1; buy; menuselect 8; menuselect 4; buy; menuselect 8; menuselect 3; buy; menuselect 8; menuselect 6"

it does not work.

do i need to edit my config.cfg ?

Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guests

Thank you all, I only do this to help others enjoy their game. It's only about fun, so this is why I do it. HOpefully You all enjoy it!

lol You dork..

You don't do

"kp_slash"

You just do this:L

bind kp_slash blahblahblahblahblhalba

No " "

You only do " " if you are doing a SAY bind.

Guest [c2d]a t 0 g!
Guest [c2d]a t 0 g!
Guest [c2d]a t 0 g!
Guests

so i would do

bind kp_slash "buy; menuselect 8; menuselect 1; buy; menuselect 3; menuselect 2; buy; menuselect 3; menuselect 5; buy; menuselect 6; buy; menuselect 1; menuselect 6; buy; menuselect 1; menuselect 5; buy; menuselect 7; buy; menuselect 8; menuselect 1; buy; menuselect 8; menuselect 4; buy; menuselect 8; menuselect 3; buy; menuselect 8; menuselect 6"

right?

ORBIT I NEED HELP AGAIN! my stoopid cs is broken.... i dunno my keyboard isnt registering for configuration. i want delete and pagedown to be my strafe buttons, like they have been for the longest time. but now everytime i move it acts like a shift key and puts on my silencer or scope. i dont like wsad movements, any ideas??? cuz until then it i cant play.

ive tryed fixing it in configuration section ingame, but it wont accept it, it scrolls down for pagedown and doesnt do anything when i try and put delete in...help please :(

Guest *SaS*Trunks
Guest *SaS*Trunks
Guest *SaS*Trunks
Guests

Yo those helped a lot, but I am much, much more interested in seeing your XP tweaks. Thanks man, later!!

• 2 months later...

Orbital, I was getting around a 50 on choke constantly. Then I was talking to some guys and along with some of your binds and looking at Missouri Fragging Associations website I tweaked my system but when things are crowded my choke still spikes up to 30 when my cl_cmdrate is 30 and cl_updaterate is 20. My system is 1.59 ghz, geforce 4 mx440, 512 mb ddram, and cable modem. I turned my v-sync off and that help but I want to make the most out of what I have. How much can you tweak a my geforce and how do I cut out the big spike in traffic?

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

orb, u know anything about gl_ztrick?

When alone on a server or just looking around in dead/spectator mode, I get a constant 100 (drops to 99 every once in a while :)). However, when I'm looking at any player model, I drop to between 30-50 fps, slowing down my game drastically whenever I'm in a firefight or just merely watching someone's back. VSync is off and I've tweaked a few things (but to no avail). I have a Geforce 4 Ti 4200 on a 2 ghz pentium 4, 512 sdram, on Windows XP Corp. Pro. Should I try different player models (I've never had problems with these custom models before...this just sorta happened by itself)?