Stupid

MrDuke

My daughter's elementary school friend just came down with H1N1 (swab was positive). My wife was talking to the mom about it and asked, "what are you going to do, now?" Thinking about containment, babysitting, etc.

The mom said, "Oh, we need to get to the mall to buy a few things, get over to Justice to exchange something, maybe hit a movie. You know, since we have a few days off school."

?!?!?!?!!!

Note to the incredibly stewwwpid: If you're sick (confirmed), stay home! Don't help accelerate the spread. Hit a movie... dim perchES!!!!

I agree that the family should stay out of the public. But, how often are you sick and need to go pay bills pick up medicine etc. Also as far as I know H1N1 is a scary name for a 3-5 day flu. You know like the one you get every year. I am really furious about this vaccination stuff.

Well, I've been in education for 13 years, and invariably when something is wrong with the student (non-viral, of course) something is F***ing wrong with the parent. In this case, a sick child should be kept at home and cared for, with no regard for the parent's schedule and priorities. Not...so...much, eh? This translates in so many ways. I have parents that cannot bring their failing child to extra help sessions in the evening, because they have a blind date with one of their many hookups. I have parents who accept at face value the fact that their HS age kid says "I don't have homework" every single freaking night, because it would put a kink a THEIR schedule to follow through with holding their child accountable...

meh...

welcome to the future America.

(edited)

Could be worse... one of my friend's students come to school with a 103 fever. When the school nurse called the parents (mind you, just 15 minutes after the parent dropped the kid off), the mom was angry because she would now have two kids at home sick. Both kids have fevers, and she knew it, but she chose one to go to school because she didn't want two sick kids. Sheesh.

Edited by duma

Could be worse... one of my friend's students come to school with a 103 fever. When the school nurse called the parents (mind you, just 15 minutes after the parent dropped the kid off), the mom was angry because she would now have two kids at home sick. Both kids have fevers, and she knew it, but she chose one to go to school because she didn't want two sick kids. Sheesh.

IDIOTS!

UGH.

:|