Hello Guys

NOFX

Just thought I'd stop by and say whats up. Work banned all gaming sites a while back, so I can't even post anymore. I also haven't had a computer desk for my PC in over three months, so I can't even fire up CS. But anyways, I'm still alive. Hope everyone is doing well.

You simply use your home internet to surf and the only thing your doing at work is hitting your house over and over and over again.. I did it at one of my jobs, it was nice you can have AIM open and they don't even know it..

Don't ask me how to do it, I did it on windows98! LOL

install dyndns client on your desktop pc

forward port 5900 in your home router to your desktop IP (set static)

Install UltraVNC (uvnc.com) and password protect it

Install the Mirror Driver and make sure you check video hook driver in the server properties

install vncviewer on ur pc at work (it's a single exe can sit on desktop)

launch vncviewer - connect to ur pc hostname.dyndns.org - enter password and viola, remote pc control and it's all free!

haha, yeah only problem with that is that I'm on about 25 different computers depending where I'm at that night, i don't sit in like a cubicle or anything. And any downloading/installing is blocked unless you are an administrator, which I'm not. I can't even change whether my monitor goes to sleep or not as i found out yesterday, it was restricted.

proxy sites don't work to bypass them?

what are proxy sites? I have the same issue at work, but even like trying to translate a gaming page wont work, its blocked. They pretty much sealed it up tight, unless you know how to get around it and wanna tell me how :P

Proxy websites are often the simplest and fastest way to access banned websites in censored nations. Such websites work by being themselves un-banned but capable of displaying banned material within them. This is usually accomplished by entering a URL address which the proxy website will fetch and display. They recommend using the https protocol since it is encrypted and harder to block. - wiki

you just have to find a proxy site that hasn't been banned my your works big brother.

proxy sites don't work to bypass them?

what are proxy sites? I have the same issue at work, but even like trying to translate a gaming page wont work, its blocked. They pretty much sealed it up tight, unless you know how to get around it and wanna tell me how :P

Proxy websites are often the simplest and fastest way to access banned websites in censored nations. Such websites work by being themselves un-banned but capable of displaying banned material within them. This is usually accomplished by entering a URL address which the proxy website will fetch and display. They recommend using the https protocol since it is encrypted and harder to block. - wiki

you just have to find a proxy site that hasn't been banned my your works big brother.

Have a list of suggested said sites? :)

Well, I got myself a desk today... She's pretty small, it's about as wide as my 28" screen. Oh well, at least I got my pc back. Installing steam as I type.

yea, that screen is prob about 2 or 3 years old now. Probably the best investment I made. Not only does gaming rock, but I don't see how you could do digital photo processing on anything less.

46" is that too big?

Well.. I recently acquired a 46" Samsung. I talked to my grandparents and they said there TV quit powering on. They bought a new one and were about to toss their old one. I said "woah woah woah" stick it in the basement and I'll take a look when I stop by next.

With some research I find out that Samsungs have a common problem with capacitors going bad in their power supply. A screw driver, solder gun, $3 worth of capacitors at Radio shack and 30 minutes later. I have myself a free 46" Samsung.

It's only 720 though. I had my comp hooked up to it and didn't really like it, maybe if it were 1080, it would be a different story. It's also hard to get it in a good position. If your at a desk, you usually don't have enough room to move it back and if you leave it on the stand, your usually to far from it and not comfortable enough to game. If I could figure out an optimal setup for it, then a 46" would probably be best :)

(edited)

Lol Yeah I splooged and got the Toshiba Regza 1080p LCD.. 5 year in home replacement/repair.. I leave it on so I can cash in on the warranty before it's over :)

I don't think this word means what you seem to think it means...

:freak3:

Edited by boiler