1.8 Official is out!!!

amertrash

CAVE SPIDER???

Ugh, they're really trying to make me hate doing any kind of mining whatsoever.

* I think our server is on hold until Craftbukkit does their thing with the new code. According to the above link, that would be "when it's done".

Edited by boiler

CAVE SPIDER???

Ugh, they're really trying to make me hate doing any kind of mining whatsoever.

* I think our server is on hold until Craftbukkit does their thing with the new code. According to the above link, that would be "when it's done".

Cave spiders only exist in pre-generated abandoned mineshafts, and light doesn't stop their spawners, and they're poison. They suck, but are rare.

As for Craftbukkit he's on stage 3 of 3, and 50% done(compared to 33% earlier this morning. At the current pace it'll be done by this evening, minus bug testing. woot.

EDIT: Whats more scary are silverfish. "In the Beta 1.8 pre-release, Silverfish popped out of stone bricks found in strongholds. If the player mined these blocks Silverfish may pop out and then attack them like

" Avoid the Strongholds! Edited by amertrash

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?hl=en_US&key=0AjHYJuqMjzkndHJfX3BwdkdVdnJLTERyLWNGMy1fLVE&toomany=true#gid=0

If you wish to follow the Bukkit progress click that link (97.64% done as I post this)

Will it be hours or days for the last bits? Beats me. I'm out and about for the next four hours or so. If it pops tonight I'll slap it on. Note that just because the Bukkit devs get it going doesn't mean they will release it without testing, etc. so it still may be a wait.

https://docs.google....many=true#gid=0

If you wish to follow the Bukkit progress click that link (97.64% done as I post this)

Will it be hours or days for the last bits? Beats me. I'm out and about for the next four hours or so. If it pops tonight I'll slap it on. Note that just because the Bukkit devs get it going doesn't mean they will release it without testing, etc. so it still may be a wait.

99.21%. Not sure what this thing is but it looks about done.

My client is not automatically updating. May have to wait until tomorrow to give this a go and that's if the server gets updated tonight. I'd hate to miss out on the new stuff as it is seen for the first time on our server. :(

I had to delete the Minecraft.exe and re-download it.

Applying some server patches before flipping the switch (as the french say...)

Reports of some inevitable bugs already appearing (something about doors not working, etc.) I'll also have to turn on flying allowed as there is a report that some server bug is detecting normal movement as flying and then kicking the "offender"

Give me a few minutes here but imminent is as good enough word as any...

Dynmap is working. Expect some holes in the map now and then until Bukkit gets everything patched in.

The flat highres should be just about finished. Give it some time for the 3D look to fill in (which is the default view btw, you'll need to switch to the flat map from the right side float out menu).

The resolution of the 3D map has improved - quite swanky looking.

so...whats up with the server? Is appears to be down atm. This is one of the few games this computer can handle that I actually want to play.

also can someone re-post the dynmap link? All my bookmarks are on my currently useless gaming rig.

Edited by Hailfire

Dynmap is stickied in this forum but here:

http://69.25.22.8/dynmap/index.html#

Ignore the server banner here for now as well as it will display as offline until I get the status plugin back in. All plugins were removed before starting 1.8 and are slowly being dropped back on.

Server has been up since last night non-stop.