Skyrim Adventures

DragonFire

I'll make this quick since I want to get back to my game, but I figured I would start a topic on Skyrim since we are posting so much in a general gaming topic about it.

Have any cool stories from the land of Skyrim you would like to share? How about anything in general on the game? Please post anything Skyrim related here.

We should start a gallery of screenshots also, that'd be cool.

Yea... got infected but didn't realize till it was too late (became a stage 1 vampire). Now I need to suck on people's blood every 3 nights I think or I'll move on to stage 2, lol.

What are you guys playing? I'm playing mage (using High Elf). So far, I find my char very fragile. Always have to hide behind my 3 companions - Sven, a dog and my summoned lava girl :) BTW, dogs are really annoying, keep getting in my way

I have a Dark Elf mage chick. I've been shocking stuff to death then resurrecting it as a zombie to help me out. I also have Lydia with me, she's cute but I have to cover her in Dwarven Armor because she's my tank. :P

I've been doing Conjuration and Destruction. The frost astronoch is a huge pain in the butt in caves, always gets in the way but it does great in the open outside.

Edited by VooDooPC

Can't wait to get Conjuration up to 100, then you can summon 2 minions :) :) :)

But so far, leveling up with Conj is really slow (already leveled Pickpocketing to 100).

Edit: Just found out how to tell time, press "T". Sigh... could've saved me so much trouble had I known this

Edited by lousiest

Hot Tip: After fighting Vampires, make sure you're not infected before it's too late! See a doctor, get yourself checked out.

In Oblivion, wasn't there a drawn out and annoying quest that resulted in you being cured of vampire-ism? I would assume they would give you the option in Skyrim as well, instead of forcing you down the stages of the disease.

So yeah this game is still keeping my interest, which does not happen often unless I'm in Counter-Strike/Minecraft mode. Played an average of 10 hours so far each day(steam lies about how much I've played), and still have so much to do. One more day of vacation left...

Are you guys fighting lots of dragons, I feel like I have so many souls now and not enough shouts to back them up yet? But then I look at my map and realize there is still a lot of the Shout dungeons to go through. I just finished the Mage's Guild quest line since I really like using magic in the game.

Oh and I am using a one handed weapon with destruction magic, and sometimes dual-casting to start off with. Doing it this way I really get a variety that I quite enjoy. I'm also really enjoying the crafting system and that is something I usually do not dabble in.

Edited by DragonFire

I haven't played nearly as much as others yet due to time limitations, but I am enjoying it. Only killed 2 dragons so far, I am using a Nord Warrior, usually sword and shield but I am going to experiment with some 2 handed offense...maybe magic on 1 hand and sword in the other. I do rather enjoy smithing so far...I have been mining everytime I see an ore vein, and I am starting to pay attention to ingredients growing everywhere so I can start making potions. Pretty cool stuff so far.

I did get my arse handed to me going up the 7000 steps by that @#$%&!@ Frost Troll...I couldn't beat him, I ran like a mofo after multiple attempts....seems like he hits you 2 or 3 times and ur a goner...took me a few times to kill that Hagraven too, I was going for that metal thing I needed to tap that tree...I had to use my Superman-like speed to run up to him and try to deal him enough damage before he killed me, a few runs around that tent while I regenerated helped too.

Does anyone know whether companions are smart enough to use potions? Or spells? My companion dies a lot :P

I would think that if you equip them with potions, they will use them, just as they automatically equip themselves with weapons and armor that you make them carry if it's better than what they have. Can't your companion only die if you kill them?

Does anyone know whether companions are smart enough to use potions? Or spells? My companion dies a lot :P

I would think that if you equip them with potions, they will use them, just as they automatically equip themselves with weapons and armor that you make them carry if it's better than what they have. Can't your companion only die if you kill them?

Nope, they can die permanently. When they are very low of health, I think they hall down, but if the enemy keeps attacking them, they can die. Also lost townspeople to dragon attacks. Worst part is if they were shopkeepers, then I'd lose a source of gold :bang:

If a NPC knocks your companion down, they will stop attacking and go after you. So in theory they shouldn't die (easily). Otherwise, you do what I do and hit them with an arrow as the killing blow...EVERY TIME

Oh and I've only seen two dragons so far, killed them both...30 hours in...

I'm loving Skyrim, Been slamming it for 5 days now. Married Lydia yesterday after all our adventuring and am very happy with home cooked meal and "lovers comfort" bonuses :)

Never played any of the Elder Scrolls games before and I must say they did a tremendous job with this game. I am a thane in 3 towns, head of the thieves guild, archmage at the college and head of the Companions

and am still discovering new stuff all the time.

I've gone Nord, one handed and destruction mainly, seems a decent combo that works for me. I too have a boatload of dragon souls in reserve (18 iirc) but mainly I use slow time so haven't found any other shout that

I want to use anyway.

Funniest thing that happened so far was early on in the game I decided to test my mettle on giants. Figured I'd pop some arrows at them and finish them when they got close. Brother was I wrong. Hardly scratched them with arrows and then when they got close I thought I'd go toe to toe. That giant smacked me so hard I flew over a mountain! Literally! Best death ever!

Very very happy with this game. Kudos to Bethesda for making a game that is actually worth more than it's price.

Edited by Ooog

Married Lydia yesterday after all our adventuring and am very happy with home cooked meal and "lovers comfort" bonuses :)

Oooo never knew you could do that :D Gotta add this to my todo list

Yeah, boning Lydia is on my to do list too.

LESBIAN WEDDING INBOUND!

Never played any of the Elder Scrolls games before

WAIT, WHAT'S THIS!? GO NOW BROTHER! PLAY MORROWIND LIKE YOU'VE NEVER PLAYED MORROWIND BEFORE!

Oblivion was my first ES game, never played the others. I played quite a bit of Oblivion and enjoyed it, but HOLY CRAP.

SKYRIM ROCKS.

I've only put in about 10 hours and just completed the Companion's stuff (wow, btw). So many changes for the better compared to Oblivion.

*ETA - dang, they are asking $20 for Morrowind on Steam? Really? It's over 8 years old!

Edited by boiler