Skyrim Adventures

DragonFire

(edited)

I don't even bother with horses, I'm too paranoid that the 1000g investment is going to get shanked by an ice troll or some douchebag bandits. Walking ftw.

Also, no, I'm not going to steal horses. That's not my character's M.O.

Edited by boiler

I don't even bother with horses, I'm too paranoid that the 1000g investment is going to get shanked by an ice troll or some douchebag bandits. Walking ftw.

Also, no, I'm not going to steal horses. That's not my character's M.O.

Getting money is so easy to get though. I have almost 20k gold after buying a horse...of course the first thing I did in the game was steal stuff, so you know what path I ended up taking, lol.

Is anyone else taking a "stealthy" approach to the game? My sneak is almost at 80, and at times I can literally be hidden right in front of people now.

My favorite part of the game so far was joining the thieves guild. Had a really interesting quest line that I enjoyed a lot...

Plus, you can get a key that unlocked every lock when picked without consequence...if you don't return it to it's proper place that is. I ended up bringing it back because of a cool perk you can get that turns you literally invisible for a bit of time.

I'm going to try out the Dark Brotherhood next as I did both the Thieves Guild and The Companions, along with a bunch of other side quests...I'm about level 22 and still didn't even kill any dragons or whatnot yet, lol.

I'm enjoying this game a ton...but one thing irritates me to no end. The AI. It's TERRIBLE.

I crushed the Dark Brotherhood under my Ebony Boot. During the "recruitment" quest I went all "screw you lady!" then smote the lot of them.

Kinda hoping I can do the same to the Thieves Guild, but I haven't found anyone who is willing to unleash me upon them.

What happens when you kill them? Do you get a diff story line?

Um, they died?

During the quest in the abandoned shack, I offed the lady, then was given "Quest Failed" for joining the brotherhood, followed by "Quest Received: Destroy the Brotherhood". All it really seems to have netted me is a little more noteriety amongst the guards, recognizing my excessive badassery.

I married a Dark Elf lady from the mage's college in a hot lesbian Dark Elf wedding. I thought it went pretty well!

Yeah, ummm....

My male Nord BAMF beat some other mercenary type guy in a fistfight in Morthal, after which he said "Is that an amulet of Mara?" Then I was all "WTH????" Broke his heart, apparently.

He was also the first NPC to express interest. Ugh. Had to cleanse myself by breaking off a piece of Mjoll ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so after a little search, I found that since i have my steam overlay bound to Shift+Home, for some reason in Skyrim it uses the Home key on the numberpad. Same deal for the End key and so on, so if anyone has been having troubles with this like me, try doing Shift+Home or whatever u use on the numberpad. Brings up my overlay now, yay.