Skyrim Adventures

DragonFire

*ETA - dang, they are asking $20 for Morrowind on Steam? Really? It's over 8 years old!

Worth every penny, but a much more "hardcore" experience than Oblivion or Skyrim, in that you really have to love the mechanics and level design to put up with the slow pace.

But the dungeon design, loot system and crafting of Morrowind is by far the most rewarding imo...at least until I can give a better opinion on Skyrim.

Hm... steam sale has Morrowind for $10 now.... that might be my price point. Only problem is I'm only 15 hours into Skyrim, SOOOOOO much stuff to do!

STOP PLAYING AC 2011 THEN

I HAVE!! I BEAT IT SO FAST SO THAT I COULD LOSE MYSELF IN SKYRIM. IT IS WORKING.

Wait, what are we yelling about again?

Hm... steam sale has Morrowind for $10 now.... that might be my price point. Only problem is I'm only 15 hours into Skyrim, SOOOOOO much stuff to do!

STOP PLAYING AC 2011 THEN

I HAVE!! I BEAT IT SO FAST SO THAT I COULD LOSE MYSELF IN SKYRIM. IT IS WORKING.

Wait, what are we yelling about again?

The vidja gaims

Decapitations can happen randomly, but I think you might need to have the one-handed perk for it. I do, and it's always satisfying to watch. That said, you can't "collect" the heads after you sever them. I believe the witch heads crasx mentioned were from the witches near the end of the companion's quests. Quest-specific items, of which you receive way more than you actually need.

Also, I rolled a sabercat down a mountain. I felt a sense of accomplishment afterwards.

Loving this crazy game! Destruction/Conjuration is a blast. Mage plus Necro build is insane combo. Let my minions tank em then blast away.

Just debating on the Elf Armor. Is it worth the perks to make that stuff and then enchant it?

Loving this crazy game! Destruction/Conjuration is a blast. Mage plus Necro build is insane combo. Let my minions tank em then blast away.

Just debating on the Elf Armor. Is it worth the perks to make that stuff and then enchant it?

You can find the armor all over and enchant it yourself, I was lucky, I got attacked by a bandit wearing some pretty sweet enchanted elven armor...so that's what I am sporting now.....just found some badarse ebony tho....looking forward to using it, but I am waiting until I perk up on heavy armor enough to negate the weight...I likes me some l00t...can't take up precious carrying capacity :D

Wonder if magicka regeneration stacks? I have a ring for 40% faster magicka regeneration and a robe for 100%. Does that mean I get 140% faster regen?

From what the manual says, yes, they stack....although it doesn't explicitly say anything about more than one of the same effect, but I don't see why it would matter.

I don't know the numbers per say, but I do know that when I duel cast a Flame Atronach it takes half of my mana pool. But within a sec it is full again. When you are in combat the regen is slower, but not much to drain all of my mana in a fight. I mostly one or two shot people in this game. Except some bosses and wispmothers...those things are annoying.

I am completely addicted to smithing. I just now have started finding my first ebony stuff, but have to put it on the shelf because it's not as good as my "epic" leveled steel plate armor and hand-made-and-enchanted Nord Hero Sword of Frost. Need to level up my smithing so I can upgrade the ebony stuff.

I've got a tank build (one-handed/shield) with some arrows and restoration magic sprinkled in. I like to get down in the muck and decapitate fools, not let minions do my dirty work.

(edited)

Nice one Shazz :)

How do you level your gear boiler? Enchantments?

You can improve your gear (I use the term "level" because there are several levels of improvement) by using grinding wheels for weapons and workbenches for armor. For instance, a Steel Sword can become a "Steel Sword (Fine)" with better damage for lower level smithing. As smithing skill improves, that same sword can be improved as well (exquisite, flawless, epic, legendary). Hence, my Skyforge Steel Sword and Nord Hero Sword, while technically inferior materials to Ebony, are both "Epic", and deal quite a bit more base damage then the Ebony swords I have found. Same with my Plate Steel armor. Until I improve my smithing to unlock improvements for Ebony stuff, I'm going to be rocking my current set up.

I have taken to mining any ore I can get my hands on, turning it into forging armor, then using the leftover ore to improve that stuff, then sell it for a profit. This has worked particularly well for dwarven stuff, since all that dwemer metal you find in the dwemer ruins can be smelted into dwarven metal bars for smithing.

The Enchantments are just icing on the cake after that. My enchanting skill is only 41, so the enchantments I put on my stuff are still pretty weak, but thankfully you can level up (albeit slowly) by recharging your enchanted weapons, which helps.

Also, (and I don't think this is a big spoiler, it was in Oblivion as well) get Azura's Star if you're going to enchant. You'll thank me later.

Edited by boiler

When you get your Alchemy, Smithing and Enchanting to 100, you can still take potions that increase your abilities beyond the level cap and make ridiculously powerful items that are not available by looting.

Daedric sword that does over 100 dam before enchantments? freak.gif

Oh and there's a helmet that mirrors the one Shazz posted but heavy armour and has destruction/restortaion cost decreases as well as magika boost - so boss.