PS4 Coming Out This November

lousiest

according to gamespot, they will also be revealing the launch titles for the ps4 today.

"The usual franchise culprits will be announced: a new Uncharted, a new Killzone, more teasing of The Last Guardian, and a new Infamous. Sweet Jesus, the latter announcement would make my day. Other potential surprises include Metal Gear Solid 5/Phantom Pain/whatever Kojima Productions is working on to be a PS4 exclusive."

Well AMD"s APU's are not that impressive so I am not sure why they are going this route. I am glad they are using AMD hardware because it is cheaper than Intel and keeps AMD in business but to me it limits the capabilities of the system. Yeah, its cost effective but they are basically releasing a new console with 2 year old video technology.

I do suppose though that we will see better ports from console to PC and vise versa and the 8GB of GDDR5 is interesting. That is super fast video card RAM but as system and video RAM and 8GB of it.

It says the GPU is 1.84 teraflops, my GTX 480 is 1.35. I guess it's not horrible, knowing my GPU can run just about everything at 1080P maxed out *shakes fist at Crysis 3* but.... my GTX 480 is also almost three years old now and the PS4 isn't even out yet. Though being developed for specific hardware developers could probably make the games look better and run better than what even my PC is capable of.

In my opinion some of the stuff they showed didn't look more impressive than what I've seen on my PC or the current generation. Killzone looked fine, not better than Crysis 2 or 3. Infamous looked okay, could be just a CG trailer. The Square-Enix game they showed was shown at GDC last year running on a "High End PC". Watch Dogs looks great, but that impresses me more on the gameplay level than a graphical level. The best looking thing I saw was Capcom's game Deep Down and who knows what that was running on, may have been prerendered and was their "vision" of what they want to see.

Since the PS4 and new Xbox will be very close to PC hardware I'm not sure what to expect a few years after their release. Comparing launch PS3 and 360 games to more recent ones, or ones that aren't out yet the difference is like night and day graphically. The PS4 has hardware that is much easier to develop for, it might have amazing stuff right out of the gate and not take as long for developers to squeeze every bit of power out of it. Or it could be like the PS3 and take years for developers to know what it's exactly capable of, making launch titles look like crap 3-4 years from now.

Edited by VooDooPC

I doubt the PS4 will take years like it did for the PS3 for developers to understand and develop for. The hardware of the PS4 is pretty much identical to a PC with regards to CPU and what not. The difference is the firmware or OS running on the PS4. Developers will not have to wade through layers of Windows and Mac bloat to get to the underlying hardware so we should see much better use of the available resources. Developers also do not have to factor in all of the different hardware in PCs because everything in the PS4 will be identical; they can max it out without fear of last year's hardware not being able to hand it. Sony probably made a good decision here but only time will tell.

Developers also do not have to factor in all of the different hardware in PCs because everything in the PS4 will be identical

*cough* apple *cough*

mac stuff aside, we had a good laugh at the ps4 announcement yesterday. they're either deliberately being boring and making a bigger reveal at e3, or they're about to get knocked off the top of the hill.

Developers also do not have to factor in all of the different hardware in PCs because everything in the PS4 will be identical

*cough* apple *cough*

mac stuff aside, we had a good laugh at the ps4 announcement yesterday. they're either deliberately being boring and making a bigger reveal at e3, or they're about to get knocked off the top of the hill.

Right, Apple is a great example, are you talking about the iPhone 3G, the 4, the 4S or the 5? Apple has made all six of their iPhones in the span of the PS3's lifetime. By the time a developer releases an app they already have to turn around and work on compatibility for a new device. I don't even want to know what their desktops are like now.

Sony has never been on top of the hill with the PS3 in the America, which is why I think they have to announce early and why it was announced in New York. Everyone is now going to be talking about the PS4 until the new Xbox is announced because besides rumors, it's an unknown quantity. I think Sony is worried about losing in America again this generation. The American market is enormous. I honestly was expecting a lot less from this presentation than they showed. I was expected at least Bungie, who did show up, and maybe one or two first party developers and TONS of graphs talking about Netflix and PSN downloads or something.

Sony Computer Entertainment is the only division of Sony making them any real money, the former Sony Computer Entertainment of America president, Kazuo Hirai, went from Sony Computer Entertainment of America president to Sony Computer Entertainment president and is now the president and CEO of Sony itself. They need to succeed this generation, their run away success with the PS2 has made them soft. I think they thought they had it in the bag with the PS3 and didn't expect such stiff competition from Microsoft.