Some random thoughts

Mercman

GC Coalition Member

Good morning

Well had a couple thoughts that im gonna throw out here

1 . seeing how the survivors get presents when they kill infected how about the same for infected? A present when they kill a survivor

or better yet maybe a special present when they kill an admin?.

2. On hard rain first map would it be possible to remove the fence say after like a minute or 2 of game time?

(this is the one i wish would happen the most)

3. The infected health kit. Would it be possible to infect the instant heal the same way?

I was curious if theses are in fact Good ideas????

• Like 1

1 . seeing how the survivors get presents when they kill infected how about the same for infected? A present when they kill a survivor

Presents are possible but that would be a bit awkward. I imagine a player would need to be spawned in and get the present without being killed. It also distracts them from killing survivors.

2. On hard rain first map would it be possible to remove the fence say after like a minute or 2 of game time?

Why after two minutes?

3. The infected health kit. Would it be possible to infect the instant heal the same way?

that could be interesting, I'm curious what others would think of that

The Infected can already make points a lot faster than Survivors, and they have the special achievs to give them more points. Giving them another source of points would be unbalancing.

If after 2 minutes of Hard Rain a Survivor is still back by the fence it would have been a fantastic play by the Infected or theyre having serious problems. But I dont know if it works like that, once the level is loaded if it possible to have stuff disappear.

An infected health kit is one thing, but 15 points spent to be b&w is just a striaght kick in the teeth.

GC Coalition Member

Presents are possible but that would be a bit awkward. I imagine a player would need to be spawned in and get the present without being killed. It also distracts them from killing survivors.

Why after two minutes?

that could be interesting, I'm curious what others would think of that

I just picked 2 minutes so the survivors had a chance to get away from the edge but they had better do it quick . If you poke along and dont move out quick you are in for a surprise

Plus it gives the infected something to gain for keeping them back there

I think it adds to the thrill of getting away unscathed .

As for the BnW instant heal . It cost 20 points to infect it but just 8 points to defeat it.

remember these are just random thoughts .

Good morning

Well had a couple thoughts that im gonna throw out here

or better yet maybe a special present when they kill an admin?

That wouldn't work very well. Not only would the presents be far and few between, the points Crasx made sums up how I feel about it.

Interesting idea. Not sure if it would be possible because the fences are put in there by Stripper which has the main purpose of adding, removing, or modifying existing entities in a map on map load. I could probably think of something though. I don't think it would be entirely impossible.

This would cause more rage and drama and even more confusion to people just learning the buy plugin. You already can't buy a full heal when you get infected and I felt by the way everyone reacted to infected kits that adding it would have been pushing it in the first place.

Interesting idea. Not sure if it would be possible because the fences are put in there by Stripper which has the main purpose of adding, removing, or modifying existing entities in a map on map load. I could probably think of something though. I don't think it would be entirely impossible.

my first thought was ems. something like https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/L4D2_EMS/Appendix:_Spawning

Idk if there is a despawn

GC Coalition Member

What I was thinking was giving the fences a special "targetname" in the Stripper config file, then after two minutes, have a plugin find those entities and kill them after a minute or so after the survivors have left the saferoom.

To paraphrase Pink Floyd

TEAR DOWN THE FENCE

Thanks in advance if this gets down