Been Banned

Guest Talent

you constantly address this "punk" attitude issue.
Because it is amazingly abundant.

Have you ever once looked at yourself?

All the time.

Have you realized how much of a punk you are to everyone else?
Actually, if the number of people that feel this way rises above 5%, I might need to reconsider. At this point, however, the number of people who, on the side, thank me for things I do, back me in what I say, and enjoy the efforts of Mmmm as a whole far outnumber the disgruntled clients.

I just have the guts to tell it to your face unlike all these others who say it behind your back.

While I disagree with almost everything you say, you have my respect for this.

It is his right to express his opinion about your server to you. Why does he need to be banned permanently for this? Just for you to express how you will shut everyone up who has a problem with your server?
Point missed completely. It's not the what, it's the how.

but my response would have been yes. Mainly because you only have 5 people playing whereas 9 people downloading. Now, custom maps can be fun, but they are only fun if they are widespread like de_celtic, etc. Then again, it is your server and if we don't like it we can "go away" 

Easy response given you aren't in the same position. Also, for the latter, people keep keep saying it so much like it's the flavor of the week, but nobody is eating.

And thats a perfect example of your close mindedness...

Because I agree with what Gunman did/said? So, to be openminded I have to take one of the "oh, I guess you're both right in some ways..." Close mindedness would be to not consider Talent's posts at all. I've considered them, many times over, and just choose to flat out disagree. That's not close mindedness.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A while ago we had to tolerate idiots, because the community was small and we strove to have good games, and we all wanted to have people playing in our servers, and hanging out. So, the idiots were idiots and everyone lived with it. Now, however, the idiots are still idiots, but now they realize that they're being replaced by good people, which enrages them. Their complaining is met with an outstretched hand because frankly, even as the number of idiots increase, the number of quality players, clients, and friends increases even faster. Now the idiot is just plain tinkled off.

remember when you told me to double read my posts before I post? Think you should try the same...

If me saying that causes you grief, it just might be about you.

I've read it, and thanks for giving it another posting. However, I thought this last part was truly the one to ponder on.

and I won't, not even for a second, try to decipher some sort of constructiveness out of Talent's words

that is close mindedness

No sir, to do so is to be wishy washy. Let's talk plain truth, not place padding under each other's heads for comfort. You again, are wrong. After having read his posts time and time again, I refuse to go back and try and fluff it to what it's not. It is what it is, let's not enter some "what if he could have meant" realm. He was VERY clear in his statements. He left no room for imagination, yet some will try and rewrite this into some drama that it's not.

it didn't cause me grief, just amazing how you can miss the same nail that many times with the hammer  :rolleyes:

You can do better. Let's be more specific.

Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guests
(edited)

:claps at DJ's post:

Lovely piece of work DJ. I am glad to have read that all. Perfectly done.

I am staying away from this whole subject. For all you haters out there you just need to keep it on your own time.

I am not saying I am not a hater cause there are plenty of times I disagree with what is going on in this place. But I like to keep meh comments to myself and towards people i trust. There is no doubt in my mind that 98% of the people that play here hate Mmmm. In fact I can name about 15 or so off the top of my head. But they choose the right way and keeping it behind closed doors.

Talent had a right to ask an admin. I just think he went at it the wrong way. But I don't feel he deserves a permanent ban just by this. A timed ban would have been more sufficent.

I leave this topic now. And I will come back reading this and enjoying some laughs. Carry on folks.

Edited by TeKNiK

yet some will try and rewrite this into some drama that it's not.

how well do you know talent? i know him better than you even though i may not have liked him as much as you have. he is just that kind of person.

and how you missed the hammer? no matter how big it gets, it will not be that close and fun as it once was.

no more lame post wars, no way you can understand another persons point of view.. "You have the right to your own opinion as long as it agrees with ours!"

Yep. Some good points, DJ. But I have to agree with Fatty too.

I have thought much about the negativity thing. Have even noticed it in me. We started a thread in our private forums just to address our role and make sure that we consciously try to keep ourselves positive. But is it our fault? Probably partly. Some of our hardline actions Im sure have bred this "anti-Mmmm" attitude. And Im sure if you were looking for it you can find one of our member giving a legitmate map change request a bad response. Heck you can find anything you want if you look for it. We are trying to foster a better attitude beginning with ourselves.

We even discussed this issue concerning this ban. Will the end result (bitter regular, Huge topic, bad blood, perceived intentions) outway the real purpose (respect). In the end we decided that we were better off not letting this just go away. You may not agree. You may be right. But whether or not it works out for the best we felt it was necessary.

I appreciate your comment, DJ and any criticism can be constructive. I would only echo Fat's thoughts about your judgement of Gunman. But in the end, thank you.

I appreciate your feedback to my comments Rev. I can sense that you have clearly thought out and read my post objectively. I will also commend Dweezil on that matter as well.

I contemplated posting in a separate thread because I feared that ppl would belittle it to a reply solely to the banning of Talent. If you guys haven't checked the DOH forums lately, Talent has also been banned from our server for some time. So the level of my comment is beyond the mere banning of a disgruntled Talent. Yes, he has a bad attitude laced with bitterness at times. I never said the contrary. In fact, I never said he shouldn't be banned, go read my post, there will be no "edit" lines. I never said that he said anything constructive. I'm responding to the general mood of the discussion and the use of the "like it or get out" lines that are very common lately.

What I am aiming at commenting on goes beyond that as well. It is the general "vibe". This is something I have been trying to get ppl to see for some time now. I think you are the first Mmmm to publicly recognize that there is definitely something amiss.

I don't profess to have any answers. But I do acknowledge that there is a problem. And it appears I am definitely in the minority.

Fatty is right, times do change. Tropolis's regulars consist of MwR, S-T, Mmmm and VI. We have some CsLs, TF, ex-Sid and DOH stragglers, but they are few and far between. Maybe new times need new blood? I dunno. Like I said, I dont have any answers, just observations.

No comment except for i think the community is great!

no MwR will act like a jerky or they will be sent to the streets!

Should go for every clan, When i'm in DOH server they are the boss,same goes for Mmmm! just a part of life

After reading this thread for the first time just now....WOW. Dj had some very good and valid points as well as ST did. I believe truly that talent appoached gunman wanting to play a normal map on trop, nothing more. i have only been around for a year in this community and things have changed a lot ! Yes Mmmm has taken the "lead" as far as community goes but look at the server and who is playing during the day..is it long community regs? no. Is the skill level of Trop worth wasting your time playing there if your looking to improve your game ? no. Yes this is a community server and forum hosted by Mmmm and yes the community has grown lots and lots but the attitudes has gone down hill along with everything else. The server is filled, well not really cause of the customs but anyways, with players of lower skill then before and worse attitudes then before. If you want the community to keep growing like this then it will only get worse. I can to this community because of what it was and its not what it was anymore. Its big, full of noobs and trash talk, and more then anything big egos and unjustified bannings. I havent played on trop in a while because of the /ff and tk problems coupled with trash maps that kill the server every 30 minutes and noobs running around rampently like its v1.2.

I hope i dont get banned for this post, and even more then that, i hope the day comes when people dont need to disclaim their posts in fear of Mmmm. Its your server, your forum, your house.

Actually, if the number of people that feel this way rises above 5%, I might need to reconsider
Sext-time, ill step up beside ya and work for that 5%. I dont mean this is a "punk" or "revolting" way. I just think that there just might be 5% of us out there.

Draco, I long for the days when ppl asked for a map change and one responded with "sure" or "well, we're trying to give customs a chance, maybe the map afterwards?" instead of "if you don't like it, leave".

Those were the days :D

The majority of posts Talent has made lately have been teeming with bitterness
Dweez, you just got here, do you know talent or have you even played with him? Thats how he is.

But its like vegetables and my kids. They wont know they like it until I cram it down their throat!

Its things like this that come from Mmmm members that shuns ppl away, maybe thats what you guys want, ionno. I personally know that i dont need a map crammed down my throat to know if i like it or not, but thats just me.

Im done. Feel free to rip me apart now. :ph34r:

Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guests

well, i've been giving some thought about this while at work...and frankly it is useless to try and argue any points or motives i had/have. you (mmmm) have made your mind, and from the looks of it nothing will change your mind. so instead of yeilding to your request for an apology, i will stand for what i believe in. you think YOU were offended and wronged? however much you feel wronged, i feel 10x wronged. I have been a part of this community for over a year, and i remember when plugins were few and far, and that is how i enjoy the game, pure and without any interruptions. while you disagree with that as well, i will not apologize for a conversation i had on AIM with Gunman. i tried to talk to you on AIM about it fat, but well you decided that it would be better to try and "resolve" this on the forums, since i bet you sensed my "punk" self would flip out. well, i will continue to stand up for what i believe in and will ask Mmmm to reconsider the punishment they have dealt out.

Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guests

ok last post in here for real: this is the convo i had with fat before i had to head to work.

MmmmFatB: your turn, i'd really like to get done with this asap

MmmmFatB: it's a waste of time

Lance034: ya it is

Lance034: i am sorry that oyu think me disagreeing with your map cycle is offensive

MmmmFatB: blind

Lance034: i believe the only offensive thing i may have said during the whole convo was quit feeding me bullpoop

Lance034: and that was b/c i wasn't asking him to change the way the server is run for me, i was just asking if he could change the map at that given time

MmmmFatB: nice job asking, is that your first line?

MmmmFatB: great intro

Lance034: ...what are you talking about

MmmmFatB: anyways, i'm not here to speak with you on AIM, just through i'd move it along

Lance034: o, so you'd prefer it to be in the forums...

MmmmFatB: of course, i'm not going to waste my time with you here

MmmmFatB: post up

Lance034: well i work in 10 mins, and have to leave...and its nice that you'd decide to ban for what i see has hardly any deal at all

Lance034: it offends me to know you can talk trash about me behind my back, but when i just use "strong" language on an AIM not concerning any member, i am banned

Lance034: buuuut...seeing as how you are in charge as usual, no matter what i post the result will be the same

MmmmFatB: actually, i gave this one to the guild :-)

Lance034: so i am going to go to work, come back, enjoy my birthday *thx for banning me on that* and maybe reply later to the thread

MmmmFatB: happy birthday, your gift? perhaps another server maybe?

MmmmFatB: bye!

Lance034: one thing tho

Lance034: that attitude you can gunman both speak in, it only provokes ppl, so before you go around and say gunman handled himself well...maybe you need to re-evaluate your own attitudes towards ppl

Lance034: its all a two-way street and you deciding not to try and resolve the issue before it blows up shows some things

Guest zx2 | BadB0y
Guest zx2 | BadB0y
Guest zx2 | BadB0y
Guests

hi. i heard u mmmm guys were happy for bannin people for stupid things. i guess im next on the list. heres my wonid 94727. DOWN WITH MMMM! bye poo heads. :P

Just one observation regarding ST's posts.

Opinion = "I think the server would be better if there were less custom maps played"

NOT an Opinion = "This is Dumb. I been trying to play for two hours and it is always a stupid custom map."

If you don't like the server, go do something for a bit...take a crap or something, and come back later. Still don't like the map that is on? Play a different game or choose one of the other 10,000 CS maps for a little bit.

I know it is enjoyable to come and play with people you like, but I just don't see Mmmm fronting all this money for the server and then having to kowtow to to everyone's whims. Yes, it is the role of every good business person to make sure that the majority clientele is kept happy but that is because they get something out of it. Sure it is in Mmmm's best interest to keep people happy and interested in the server but why should they have to put up with someone who, although may have a valid point, delivers it with acid and bile?

I don't get the image of a disatisfied customer. I see a snot-nosed brat throwing a temper tantrum cuz he didn't get his way and he posts here because he knows that he will have some people to back not because he is justified but because there are people here who just like the opportunity to put down Mmmm (DJ, not referring to you, your posts were very well articulated and non-destructive comments).

Also, ST and Ace, whereas Mmmm said the ban was permanent, all it takes is for Talent to apologize, not for his opinions, but for the manner in which he delivered his opinions, and he will be unbanned. I feel Mmmm was perfectly in their right to do this. I think it should call for a minimum time ban and after say 1 month, if he has apologized he is unbanned...if not, he stays banned until he does.

(edited)
The majority of posts Talent has made lately have been teeming with bitterness

Dweez, you just got here, do you know talent or have you even played with him? Thats how he is.

Ok, then I will amend my previous statement, "The majority of post Talent has EVER MADE have been teeming with bitterness." Thanks for correcting me Kill3r.

I only said lately...meaning the posts that I have seen and those are the only ones that I will make comments on so please take my first two sentences as they were...jokes.

Sorry forgot to say this. Just because "that is how he is" does not make it right or excuse him. I think everyone is missing the poing. This ban didn't happen because he had a different opinion than Mmmm's. This ban happened because he chose to present that opinion in an attacking and belittling way. I read his IM session with Gunman and I think his comments were not just a simple request to have the map changed. They were angry and border line harassment.

Edited by dwEEziL

This is turning into a nice little "dump on Mmmm" thread. :( But we can take it :) If you dont like the way things are done then please let us know. Teknik started a thread about 3rd party maps that was really a pretty good discussion for awhile. As far as my comment about cramming vegetables down my kids throat, it was intended to be a joke. I apologize if it was taken the wrong way. I in no way want to cram anything down anyone's throat.

<whew> That apology felt pretty good. Wasnt near as hard as I thought.

Please try to give us constructive criticism. But if your just going to bash it probably wont be given much thought. (although it does happen sometimes)

do you know talent or have you even played with him? Thats how he is.

I'll stick to the topic, and go back to what I mentioned above. "How he is" is no excuse. This was no polite request to change the map.

What's going on here is the same ole thang...forget the topic at hand and blame Mmmm for the problems.

And look what happens when 1 person comes in here and says something positive about us or the community!

Yah stepback way to cover up for yourself and your blatant arrogance!

Nice one, real constructive, and a great argument there, ace. Hard to take you serious when you're gonna pop that kinda of stuff around.

So, it's always Mmmm ganging up, Mmmm bashing people with power moves, etc? Take a look at this thread. It's a vent session for all the unhappy people. It's the same old story...people prowling around looking for a chance to flame us and turn their back on the simple fact that a person could actually be wrong in what they did. Of course not! It's easy to say Mmmm is at fault, or Gunman didn't say the right things...he's part of the source of this huge conspiracy!

I'm sorry, but, even though DJ is correct in saying it's been said so many darn times, but if what's going on around here is so darn bad, why are you still here? If you don't play in our server for this reason or that, that's a choice up to you. Nobody is going to seek you out and condemn you for it. But look at what you guys do with a chance like this? You line up at the door with your signs contending reading "THIS SUCKS" or "GG" or whatever!

I don't know, maybe when something like this pops up, there's a special call list that goes down so all of you can make sure you come get some. I'm still trying to make sense of it all.

So, let's take a look at the pride factor. Stand up! Make yourself known as one who can't stand the changes!!! Ok, now what? Hang around and do what? Why? WHY? The more I sit here and think about this, the more I respect Cane and Tape for finally saying "to hell with you, i'm not coming back!" I applaud them for that, because they at least showed enough manhood to walk away from something that they couldn't stand. So, you readers who are upset with me or Mmmm or whatever it is. Why are you here, right now? Move along!

But see, that's where we come back to pride. "Hey, I'm not going to move along! That would be like doing it cause Fatty suggested it! Hell no, I'm going to stick around and complain some more! That will show em!" I don't mean to make a drama, but someone explain it to me. Simply explain why you don't organize your boycott. Get together, be a man, and say goodbye! Wait, I shouldn't have said that, cause now if you do that I will have played a part in the idea. Darn, see how complicated it is!

Shed some light for me. Tell me why you stay.

There is no doubt in my mind that 98% of the people that play here hate Mmmm.

That's quite a lot. The scary thing is I think you're being serious.